Finally! ProTech for Marvel Universe, Iron Man Anim & IM

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

IMJ
I have a Quasar collection. And I love it. So there.
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O Manowar #1
Favorite character: VH1 Sting | VH2 Rai
Favorite title: VH2 Rai
Favorite writer: Kurt Busiek
Favorite artist: Sean Chen
Finally! ProTech for Marvel Universe, Iron Man Anim & IM

Post by IMJ »

So for the longest time now I've hoped that Pro-Tech would make cases for the original 90's Iron Man line. The line practically screams for Pro-Tech cases with their oversized backer cards that warp over time. Also, that series backer cards cards are about the same size as the Spider-Man animated line, so Pro Tech could market the same cases for both of those sets as well. Alas though, to my dismay they've never been made.

However, as luck would have it, Pro-Tech is making cases for the current Marvel and DC Universe 3 3/4" moc figures! Nicely enough, the cases actually fit the Iron Man Animated and Iron Man 2 line even more nicely than the Universe stuff. They don't lock the figure in as cleanly as the Protech Star Cases do for Star Wars, but they do the trick nicely. Some pics:

I definitely recommend these for your MOC Iron Man 2 stuff, and of course for those of you who are collecting the Iron Man animated and newer Marvel Universe toys as well.

superman-prime
scratch 1 for the coog guys
scratch 1 for the coog guys

Post by superman-prime »

nice

Draco
Well I think I talked enough poop...
Valiant fan since: preordered vh1 from start
Favorite character: X-O from vh1
Favorite title: X-O vh1
Favorite writer: Good question?
Favorite artist: ooooh another good question

Post by Draco »

Dude, im so collecting pretty much any figure that Marvel produce in this size.
I have waited over 20 years for them to do so, im buying the whole bloody lot.

I also have the same problem with the original IM animated, all my cards are bent :|

Also, nice to see the new cases, though not sure if ill benefit over here.

:thumb:

IMJ

Post by IMJ »

Draco wrote:Dude, im so collecting pretty much any figure that Marvel produce in this size.

I also have the same problem with the original IM animated, all my cards are bent :|

Try ordering them online and have them shipped!
I'm also with you on the 3 3/4" figs. The fact is that action figures are a hassle at the 6" scale. The Legends stuff was great of course, but I supported it because at the time they were primo sculpts with revolutionary articulation as opposed to the obnoxious size.

Draco
Valiant fan since: preordered vh1 from start
Favorite character: X-O from vh1
Favorite title: X-O vh1
Favorite writer: Good question?
Favorite artist: ooooh another good question

Post by Draco »

IMJ wrote:
Draco wrote:Dude, im so collecting pretty much any figure that Marvel produce in this size.

Try ordering them online and have them shipped!
I'm also with you on the 3 3/4" figs. The fact is that action figures are a hassle at the 6" scale. The Legends stuff was great of course, but I supported it because at the time they were primo sculpts with revolutionary articulation as opposed to the obnoxious size.
If you have a link on the best place to buy these dude, that would be great.

I liked the Legends line in some ways and the articulation was great, but im a small action figure kind of guy. Plus they ruined it with some really uninspiring figures and did the usual pathetic case split leaving retailers with some choice dog crap that left you with no profit after selling three cases, but left with 6 figures you can hardly give away, then the chase figure business went arse over face too.

We always wanted Star Wars as they are now and were too old for Gi Joe when they hit, though i spent hours staring at them in the local toy store, knowing a purchase would bring ridicule from friends and a cuff from the old man :)

Now i have a few boxes of figures with nowhere to display them and they are much in need of some storage cases to protect them till we move somewhere i can have them out.

IMJ

Post by IMJ »

Draco wrote:If you have a link on the best place to buy these dude, that would be great.
Try Wholesale Cases. I've ordered through them on several occasions. The guy is a bit of a jerk when it comes to doing research or answering your questions (his answer to "will this case fit this or that?" is usually "I don't know, you'll have to buy one and try it"), but he's always shipped to me quickly and accurately.
Draco wrote:Now i have a few boxes of figures with nowhere to display them and they are much in need of some storage cases to protect them till we move somewhere i can have them out.
If all you've got is a uniform "army" of 3 3/4" figs, then try one of the cases I use for my Indiana Jones collection:

I don't recall if I picked the wall case up on eBay or from the link above, but it's nicely discreet compared to the large cabinet case I use for my Iron Man figs.

xodacia81
Here I am, happy as a clam
Here I am, happy as a clam

Post by xodacia81 »

I have some of the Indy stuff. I don't think I have the boards anymore. I might still have some for the Star Wars figures.