Wave One Collection

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

IMJ
I have a Quasar collection. And I love it. So there.
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O Manowar #1
Favorite character: VH1 Sting | VH2 Rai
Favorite title: VH2 Rai
Favorite writer: Kurt Busiek
Favorite artist: Sean Chen
Wave One Collection

Post by IMJ »

So I've got a ton of stuff that I'm considering getting rid of to make some room and refine some collections. I thought I'd put together a wave one collection and upgrade as I go. For example, all of the first wave of original GI Joe ARAH - eventually I'll nab all of the straight arm figs, or a full first wave of Kenner Star Wars stamped 1977 with a Hong Kong coo. Stuff like that.

To clean this up a bit I'll eventually pick up proper foot peg stands for each figure (right now the pegs are a mish mash of some that are properly sized and otherwise). The vintage Indy stuff would just fit on a whole row because the first wave was only four figures, so it seemed like a waste to not just have the whole vintage collection in there.

I'm missing a onesy twosy from each set, but I think as I sell other stuff I'll pick up what I need. The display is not much to look at yet, but I just thought it was cool to see these altogether and thought I'd share.

Carson
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Re: Wave One Collection

Post by Carson »

I'd cheat with the GI Joes and get the 1983 swivel arm versions (known as version 1.5) of the original 12 figures. They are just so much easier to pose with the "swivel arm battle grip".

Here's my Joes!
AKA "The Anti-Chartist: he who made Charty go Sharty"
---------------------
Valiant Fan # 2021
---------------------
G.I. Joe Fan #1
http://www.3DJoes.com

IMJ
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O Manowar #1
Favorite character: VH1 Sting | VH2 Rai
Favorite title: VH2 Rai
Favorite writer: Kurt Busiek
Favorite artist: Sean Chen

Post by IMJ »

LOL I wish you didn't show me this because it makes me want to bust out my "actual" GI Joe collection which are bagged and cased. Your display is great though man! You should find a way to mount that case flush on the wall in studs so it isn't leaning anymore. It's a great figure case!

Part of my downsizing efforts is to have a real, formatted collection again rather than everything. But then I look at how cool these display and I want to add figure cases just for vintage Star Wars and then one for vintage Joes and so on. ugh.

Carson

Post by Carson »

IMJ wrote:LOL I wish you didn't show me this because it makes me want to bust out my "actual" GI Joe collection which are bagged and cased. Your display is great though man! You should find a way to mount that case flush on the wall in studs so it isn't leaning anymore. It's a great figure case!

Part of my downsizing efforts is to have a real, formatted collection again rather than everything. But then I look at how cool these display and I want to add figure cases just for vintage Star Wars and then one for vintage Joes and so on. ugh.

I've got the completist mentality, so I keep my collecting hyper focused. First it was 82-88 figures and 82-86 vehicles only. Then I decided to complete the whole "A Real American Hero" run of figures, up through 1994. Now that that is done, I'm doubling back for the 87-94 vehicles. It's really fun to collect, but I don't allow myself to buy/keep modern Joes, or any other brand of figures (even though I'm a little bit nostalgic for several other brands).

Have fun collecting! And display what you can! Otherwise, if you're likely to never display them again, you might as well sell what you have stored away. Even stored away in bags and boxes these things can change colors and generally degrade. Might as well enjoy em while you have em :D