Ninjak vs. The Valiant Universe #3 Discussion

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.
Ninjak vs. The Valiant Universe #3 Discussion

Post by grendeljd »

If anyone would like to hear our OTV:VCR podcast discussing/reviewing this issue [& Secret Weapons: Owen's Story #0], please follow the link;

http://onlythevaliant.com/episodes/vcr157/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks to any who listen in :thumb:
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

grendeljd
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.
Re: Ninjak vs. The Valiant Universe #3 Discussion

Post by grendeljd »

As contrived as the main plot is, this is still a fun light action-adventure read. Don't really care what happens as it's outside continuity (& character at times), but this still looks like it'll be really fun to see as the live action version. Solid art throughout.
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

agent_graves
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Valiant fan since: Since VEI(Turok #1?)
Favorite character: Divinity/Shadowman/LiveWire
Favorite title: Divinity/Imperium/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Dysart
Favorite artist: Mann/Cafu/De la Torre

Post by agent_graves »

The art has been the only saving grace for me. Although, I did enjoy the banter between Gilad and Bloodshot after throwing Ninjak off that cliff. :thumb:
#StayValiant

Bl00dsh0t
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: Bloodshot #1 (2012)
Favorite character: Ninjak/Woody
Favorite title: Bloodshot/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Bl00dsh0t »

I'm really digging this series and had a little chuckle at the Bloodshot/Shadowman interaction towards the end of the issue. Another solid read for me - love the way these characters are coming together, it's scratching that itch I have for a Valiant 'team book'. :thumb:

Overall - a fun read that works well outside of continuity :thumb:

otomo
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: 2017
Favorite character: XO Manowar
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite writer: Matt Kindt
Favorite artist: Tomas Giorello

Post by otomo »

Writing reviews for this site now, so I'm putting a little more effort into it than board posting:

http://boundingintocomics.com/2018/03/1 ... niverse-3/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This series is kinda what I want out of the valiant universe in a nutshell.
Like XO Manowar or Conan The Barbarian? Check out my new graphic novel, DEUS VULT on IndieGoGo now: Deus Vult: http://igg.me/at/deusvult.

Dallow Spicer1
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

grendeljd wrote:As contrived as the main plot is, this is still a fun light action-adventure read. Don't really care what happens as it's outside continuity (& character at times), but this still looks like it'll be really fun to see as the live action version. Solid art throughout.
+1 except for the art, I’m not a fan, seems a bit hit and miss.

Fun out of continuity read.

Great XO manowar picture cover. I’ve picked up as many of the picture covers as I can from the various releases over the last year, visually I think the live action series looks good.

3.75/5 - Decent read for what it is.

grendeljd

Post by grendeljd »

Dallow Spicer1 wrote:
grendeljd wrote:As contrived as the main plot is, this is still a fun light action-adventure read. Don't really care what happens as it's outside continuity (& character at times), but this still looks like it'll be really fun to see as the live action version. Solid art throughout.

Great XO manowar picture cover. I’ve picked up as many of the picture covers as I can from the various releases over the last year, visually I think the live action series looks good.

That's a bit of a higher score than I would give it - as much as I'm aiming to be positive in my commentary on it (and do believe it's a fun light read), this sort of thing is not really to my usual taste. I'm most likely never going to re-read this mini series, ever. I'd give it a 2.5/5

Dallow Spicer1
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

grendeljd wrote:
Dallow Spicer1 wrote:

That's a bit of a higher score than I would give it - as much as I'm aiming to be positive in my commentary on it (and do believe it's a fun light read), this sort of thing is not really to my usual taste. I'm most likely never going to re-read this mini series, ever. I'd give it a 2.5/5
I think my 3.75 score is based on lower expectations tbh. I’d be far less forgiving it is was in continuity eg Bloodshot cracking funnies, amusing gag..but let’s not make Bloodshot THAT person!

This mini reignites my enthusiasm got the live action series...how about you guys?

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

Like others, I am rather enjoying this. It's cool seeing many of the main characters together in a single arc. :thumb:

agent_graves
Valiant fan since: Since VEI(Turok #1?)
Favorite character: Divinity/Shadowman/LiveWire
Favorite title: Divinity/Imperium/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Dysart
Favorite artist: Mann/Cafu/De la Torre

Post by agent_graves »

grendeljd wrote:
Dallow Spicer1 wrote:

Ever, ever... :?
#StayValiant