Livewire & the Secret Weapons (one shot)

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Dallow Spicer1
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa
Livewire & the Secret Weapons (one shot)

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

This was, overall, a decent effort but at times confusing.

Been a few years since I’ve read Livewire or Secret Weapons and writer Steven Grant did a good job reintroducing the characters. Currently off the grid in Costa Rica this story starts with Livewire on the therapists couch. The other characters are learning how to develop their powers with mixed results.

There’s a few different plot threads happening here which maintains the interest throughout the book until the end when a couple of reveals take place which seem a bit ‘forced’. The journey of this read was better than the pay off.

What did I like about the book…2 out of the 3 artists were pretty good. The dialogue was good. The subplots were mostly good. The attempt at bring back continuity is appreciated.

What did I not like…. Alien releasing $12.99 books from little known creators. Release a $3.99 issue so we can see if it’s any good before committing. 1 of the artist (dream scenes) was too cartoony and really pulled me out of the story. Plot twist #1 the shadowy figure in the internet turns about to be Roku and she can read minds?? :? Plot twist #2 the therapist turns out to be a Dr Silk clone??! :?

The concept of Livewire having 2 ‘selves’ was confusing but the writer did his best to explain it and the ending seemed bizarre to me and out of left field! Certainly unpredictable :lol:

Overall 3/5 for effort.