A&A #3: Question

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Man Of The Atom
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Favorite artist: Ramon Villalobos
A&A #3: Question

Post by Man Of The Atom »

How does Mary-Maria load that bow?

Specifically on page 20 from the second panel to the third panel, while she is holding Armstrong with one hand and the bow in the other. You can see from one picture to the other that the arrow is not showing, then is. It doesn't really look like a bow that holds an unlimited amount of arrows, which is probably why she has a quiver sewn onto her leg. And she had just finished firing at least three arrows before grabbing Armstrong.

I know this doesn't really have anything to do with the story line and isn't too important, but I thought it was worth taking a look at.

What do you think?

Zaphod
Zaphod's just this guy, you know?
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: VH1 - Armstrong
Favorite title: VEI - Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Re: A&A #3: Mary-Maria Question

Post by Zaphod »

Really really poor art in the issue. IMO, insultingly bad. Also this belongs in the spoilers section.
What we need is innovation and even revolution—but not so much in the form of marketing ploys and doohickeys. What is needed is bold creative vision, excellent stories, and brilliant storytelling, in a word, entertainment. -- Jim Shooter

Zaphod

Post by Zaphod »

heh, moved back and forth.

If this doesn't belong in the spoiler section...what does? and why have it at all?
What we need is innovation and even revolution—but not so much in the form of marketing ploys and doohickeys. What is needed is bold creative vision, excellent stories, and brilliant storytelling, in a word, entertainment. -- Jim Shooter

Man Of The Atom

Sorry Zaphod. I know there is already one other discussion about this today. It wasn't my intention to spoil anything for anybody.
I just thought since it was in stores for people today it was open game for the general discussion area. I never read the spoiler area and have probably only clicked on it like 4 times since joining this board. Thinking back on it now, I probably should have titled it:
A&A #3 Question: Possible Spoiler If You Haven't Read It Yet. I will be more cautious moving forward when I start a discussion.

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

Man Of The Atom wrote:Thinking back on it now, I probably should have titled it:
A&A #3 Question: Possible Spoiler If You Haven't Read It Yet. I will be more cautious moving forward when I start a discussion.
Done.

Man Of The Atom

greg wrote:
Man Of The Atom wrote:Thinking back on it now, I probably should have titled it:
Done.
Thank you Sir.

Zaphod
Re: A&A #3: Question

Post by Zaphod »

[nm]

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Re: A&A #3: Question

Post by jmatt »

Today's been a weird day on the forum. The General section is chock full of threads about storylines that haven't been released but the Spoiler section is entirely about books that are publicly available.

I have no idea where I'd draw the line. VEI promotional teaser news prolly belongs in General -- but if giving away future plot twists ain't a spoiler, I don't know what is. Perhaps it's just more appropriate to concede that nothing VEI makes publicly know is a spoiler and simply rename this section "Title Talk". Or sumpn. :?