Bloodshot #6 Discussion

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Chris Campbell
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Unity
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart
Re: Bloodshot #6 Discussion

Post by Chris Campbell »

Really enjoyed this issue. I hope they don't let the "need protein to rebuild" requirement slip by the wayside. I like that vulnerability. Yes, otherwise he is too invulnerable for my liking.

Great series!
Valiant Podcast available on iTunes, Stitcher, and by direct download at Taylor Network

Blood of Heroes
I only beat my wife when I'm sober.

Post by Blood of Heroes »

Chris Campbell wrote:Really enjoyed this issue. I hope they don't let the "need protein to rebuild" requirement slip by the wayside. I like that vulnerability. Yes, otherwise he is too invulnerable for my liking.

Great series!
I hope they don't either. It's going to be fun to see what he eats during the course of the story.

Phoenix8008
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by Phoenix8008 »

Blood of Heroes wrote:
Chris Campbell wrote:Really enjoyed this issue. I hope they don't let the "need protein to rebuild" requirement slip by the wayside. I like that vulnerability. Yes, otherwise he is too invulnerable for my liking.

Great series!
I hope they don't either. It's going to be fun to see what he eats during the course of the story.
Yes. I want to see a diner scene where he's ordered 2 of every protein based meal on the menu and is scarfing it all for storage and later use. Show him eating whenever he gets the chance. Run him through some times when he's getting torn up over and over and there isn't any protein around to use for healing.

In fact, that would be a great reason for why Ax is able to stop him and take the Blood of Heroes on the moon (if the story line got that far and followed that plot point)!!! No cows to eat, and if Bloodshot 'saved' everyone else by getting them off the moon base, that wouldn't leave him with much of a protein supply for regeneration. Wow! It all makes sense finally how a dooshbag like Ax could maybe stand a chance of beating Bloodshot. How much you wanna bet that Ax is one of the kids PRS has in the vault? Maybe even the difficult one that wouldn't drink his milk??
-Phoenix8008 (a.k.a. Charticus!)
Viva la Valiant!
(moderator of r/Valiant subreddit)

Blood of Heroes

Phoenix8008 wrote:
Blood of Heroes wrote:

Great series!
Yes. I want to see a diner scene where he's ordered 2 of every protein based meal on the menu and is scarfing it all for storage and later use. Show him eating whenever he gets the chance. Run him through some times when he's getting torn up over and over and there isn't any protein around to use for healing.

In fact, that would be a great reason for why Ax is able to stop him and take the Blood of Heroes on the moon (if the story line got that far and followed that plot point)!!! No cows to eat, and if Bloodshot 'saved' everyone else by getting them off the moon base, that wouldn't leave him with much of a protein supply for regeneration. Wow! It all makes sense finally how a dooshbag like Ax could maybe stand a chance of beating Bloodshot. How much you wanna bet that Ax is one of the kids PRS has in the vault? Maybe even the difficult one that wouldn't drink his milk??
That's something that always bothered me the first time around. There's no way Ax beats Bloodshot. Ax is a punk.

Big Red
Valiant fan since: Before the Anni-Padda...
Favorite character: Divinity, X-O, & Bloodshot
Favorite title: Divinity
Favorite artist: Trevor Hairsine

Post by Big Red »

Loved the issue.

This may be my second favorite Valiant book behind X-O. Tough call between this and Harbinger.

And just like I hope they keep Alexander around in X-O, I hope that keep the ladies around as supporting characters in Bloodshot. Especially Kara.
Favorite books: Black Hammer, Bloodshot, Divinity, Justice League Dark, Marvel Two-In-One, Thor.

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

Have we talked about his ability to transfer nanites into another person, and then have them be transferred to another object like a computer system?

As an ongoing plot device its a little too convenient. He could transfer nanites to everyone he touches just in case he needs it at some future point. But more than likely we'll be left wondering why he didn't use this ability more frequently. I mean, every time a foe hits him he can transfer nanites and then control everything his foe touches from that point on.

Or why not have the nanites simply rip apart the brainstem of the foe once inside?

It's a neat plot device but we're liable to wind up wondering why he doesn't use that ability in nearly every circumstance.

manga4life

Post by manga4life »

+1 for Kara, and +2 for her being so damn sexy! She really came through and helped Bloodshot out, that and.....well, she's just so damn sexy! LOL! Any way, the scene where Bloodshot's arm is broken and he used the bones sticking out to stab his enemy in the neck was just pure awesome, it was a bit cringing but it was a damn effective way to dispose of the opposition. Awesome issue as a whole, I'm LOVING this series!
NEW BLOG IS UP!

Twitter.com/manga4life

http://manga4life-blog.blogspot.com - 4/13/13 "CLASSIC GAMING: Discovering new gems is always the funnest part."

BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
I could be talking poo-doo.
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by BugsySig »

jmatt wrote:Have we talked about his ability to transfer nanites into another person, and then have them be transferred to another object like a computer system?

As an ongoing plot device its a little too convenient. He could transfer nanites to everyone he touches just in case he needs it at some future point. But more than likely we'll be left wondering why he didn't use this ability more frequently. I mean, every time a foe hits him he can transfer nanites and then control everything his foe touches from that point on.

Or why not have the nanites simply rip apart the brainstem of the foe once inside?

It's a neat plot device but we're liable to wind up wondering why he doesn't use that ability in nearly every circumstance.
maybe the nanites are primarily located in the center "spot" and need to be directed elsewhere for repairs, etc? so every time he is shot, or gets a bloody lip, the nanites arent there in the blood stream (yet). They would then travel to the injured area to repair it. Same would go for giving Kara the nanites, they had to be directed to do so.

Just a thought.
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.

Post by lorddunlow »

jmatt wrote:Have we talked about his ability to transfer nanites into another person, and then have them be transferred to another object like a computer system?

My equally convenient way of limiting this power is to just have them be susceptible to the immune system and therefore degradable. Having the little "ceremony" he had with Kara may have allowed Bloodshot to teach the nanites to be "immune" to attack from her immune system, but he couldn't just go spilling them willy-nilly.
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

Dallow Spicer1
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

I have another problem with one of Bloodshot's abilities, that is the ability to change his face to look like someone else? I can't get my head around how this is supposed to work? Just re-read issue #1 where he attacks the Islamic terrorists and briefly takes the form of one of them. For this brief period he has a beard...how can this happen?

I think this ability is too excessive, unless he's a Harbinger and that's his power?? :o

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

Dallow Spicer1 wrote:I have another problem with one of Bloodshot's abilities, that is the ability to change his face to look like someone else? I can't get my head around how this is supposed to work? Just re-read issue #1 where he attacks the Islamic terrorists and briefly takes the form of one of them. For this brief period he has a beard...how can this happen?

I think this ability is too excessive, unless he's a Harbinger and that's his power?? :o
I think the nanites are like tiny sub-molecular construction workers. They can build matter at an atomic level [this is currently possible in modern technology, though very limited], and so if they have the genetic code of hair & raw material to work with, I don't see a problem with 'constructing' the substance from scratch. It is stated in the book somewhere that the nanites cannot maintain these alterations permanently, only for short periods of time...
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Blood of Heroes

grendeljd wrote:
Dallow Spicer1 wrote:I have another problem with one of Bloodshot's abilities, that is the ability to change his face to look like someone else? I can't get my head around how this is supposed to work? Just re-read issue #1 where he attacks the Islamic terrorists and briefly takes the form of one of them. For this brief period he has a beard...how can this happen?

I think the nanites are like tiny sub-molecular construction workers. They can build matter at an atomic level [this is currently possible in modern technology, though very limited], and so if they have the genetic code of hair & raw material to work with, I don't see a problem with 'constructing' the substance from scratch. It is stated in the book somewhere that the nanites cannot maintain these alterations permanently, only for short periods of time...
Right. He very quickly grew facial hair. A short time later it all fell out.

jmatt

Post by jmatt »

grendeljd wrote:I think the nanites are like tiny sub-molecular construction workers. They can build matter at an atomic level [this is currently possible in modern technology, though very limited]
I've been thinking about this, and on the heels of the "lets see him eat a lot of protein" posts above, what if he were to run off into a cowfield and return an hour later totally Hulked out, fifteen feet tall and massively muscled. What's to say he even has to stay human?

If the nanites have the ability to reconstruct him at the cellular level and he has the ability to alter his form from his native DNA, it's possible he could turn into almost anything. I'll bet we see these storylines / plot twists someday.

That actually might be cool in a dire battle scene, where the odds are long against a group of heroes and Bloodshot starts to twitch and transmogrify and were left hanging waiting to see what he turns into.

Phoenix8008
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by Phoenix8008 »

jmatt wrote:
grendeljd wrote:I think the nanites are like tiny sub-molecular construction workers. They can build matter at an atomic level [this is currently possible in modern technology, though very limited]
I've been thinking about this, and on the heels of the "lets see him eat a lot of protein" posts above, what if he were to run off into a cowfield and return an hour later totally Hulked out, fifteen feet tall and massively muscled. What's to say he even has to stay human?

If the nanites have the ability to reconstruct him at the cellular level and he has the ability to alter his form from his native DNA, it's possible he could turn into almost anything. I'll bet we see these storylines / plot twists someday.

That actually might be cool in a dire battle scene, where the odds are long against a group of heroes and Bloodshot starts to twitch and transmogrify and were left hanging waiting to see what he turns into.
Neat ideas. I could see some of that too! :thumb:
-Phoenix8008 (a.k.a. Charticus!)
Viva la Valiant!
(moderator of r/Valiant subreddit)