Archer & Armstrong #20 Discussion

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

kjjohanson
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Valiant fan since: Magnus #1
Favorite character: Anon-Lurker
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Re: Archer & Armstrong #20 Discussion

Post by kjjohanson »

BugsySig wrote:
kjjohanson wrote:
pixierosa wrote:
Bone-A-Fach-ee wrote:You know what, I was just thinking about Archer #0. He was just a regular kid, and was told that there was an accident with his parents. Shortly after the search is called off for him. Do you think those are the actions of super heroes? Or trained assassins, or immortals? Hmmmmm..... could we be on the wrong trail all along?
I've been wondering about that myself. I suppose he could have been raised by someone else on behalf of Mary Maria, who knew he would eventually end up in the Archer family with her, so there wasn't an extended search/media blitz for him when he disappeared.
But… but… that one cover shows him on the milk carton! You mean that's inaccurate?
And it shows him as an infant, even though he's an adolescent when PRS takes him...
Shenanigans! Shenanigans I say!
If you're not a *SQUEE*, you're okay with me.

chriskay99
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Location: The surrounding metropolitan area of Los Angeles, CA

Post by chriskay99 »

dornwolf wrote:
Phoenix8008 wrote:
jmatt wrote:
Keith wrote:Think we have Will Smith and his son... lower left corner of the panel where A&A first enter the Fametorium.
I think you're right. Nice catch.
Isn't everybody that's in there supposed to be 'dead'? Will Smith and son aren't dead last I heard.
They aren't but there careers are.
:funnypost:
Black Science. Lazarus. Birthright. Saga. Manifest Destiny. Deadly Class.

chriskay99
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Location: The surrounding metropolitan area of Los Angeles, CA

Post by chriskay99 »

Baramos wrote:[Unsure] (guy at the VERY LEFT, half cut-off. Has black clothes, knees in pants are missing), Ritchie Valens, Bruce and Brandon Lee (they are the men hugging as if they haven’t seen each other for a long time. Awww…). Ronnie Van Zant and Steve Gaines (Lynyrd Skynyrd), Buddy Holly, Janice Joplin, Jeff Hanneman (Slayer), John Lennon, Freddie Mercury, Andre the Giant, Jimi Hendrix, Michael Jackson, Amy Winehouse.
I think that's Cliff Burton (Metallica) and Dimebag Darrell (Pantera) in between the hugging Lees and Janis. Buddy Holly is in between them.
Black Science. Lazarus. Birthright. Saga. Manifest Destiny. Deadly Class.

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

chriskay99 wrote:
Baramos wrote:[Unsure] (guy at the VERY LEFT, half cut-off. Has black clothes, knees in pants are missing), Ritchie Valens, Bruce and Brandon Lee (they are the men hugging as if they haven’t seen each other for a long time. Awww…). Ronnie Van Zant and Steve Gaines (Lynyrd Skynyrd), Buddy Holly, Janice Joplin, Jeff Hanneman (Slayer), John Lennon, Freddie Mercury, Andre the Giant, Jimi Hendrix, Michael Jackson, Amy Winehouse.
I think that's Cliff Burton (Metallica) and Dimebag Darrell (Pantera) in between the hugging Lees and Janis. Buddy Holly is in between them.
The guys I pegged as Skynyrd? Could be, I wasn't entirely sure.

leonmallett
My mind is sharp. Like a sharp thing.
Valiant fan since: 2006
Favorite character: Shadowman (Hall version)
Favorite title: Shadowman (under Hall)
Favorite artist: Clayton Henry
Location: hunting down paulsmith56 somewhere in the balti belt...

Post by leonmallett »

I loved this issue. Fred Van Lente continues to craft such an entertaining tapestry, and effortlessly pulls in newer threads to past stuff effortlessly (Nergal). Over the course of the longer-run VEI books with a single writer, he has been the best for me. I know Dysart and Venditti have their fans, but Van Lente has created a stellar series of adventures for Archer and Amstrong, and I really don't want him to leave this book.

I am also a big Doors fan, so all the references he included in Morrison's dialogue was such a cool thing, and this issue may be Pere Perez' best yet for me.

Only a truly stunning Harbinger #23 stopped this being my favourite book of the month.
VEI - I look forward to you one day publishing MORE than 9-10 books per month

leonmallett
Valiant fan since: 2006
Favorite character: Shadowman (Hall version)
Favorite title: Shadowman (under Hall)
Favorite artist: Clayton Henry
Location: hunting down paulsmith56 somewhere in the balti belt...

Post by leonmallett »

And yet when i read his work I think we should be clamouring for Timewalker by Fred Van Lente, perhaps with Mary-Maria as support in their with Redated and Amelia Earhart?
VEI - I look forward to you one day publishing MORE than 9-10 books per month

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.

Post by lorddunlow »

leonmallett wrote:And yet when i read his work I think we should be clamouring for Timewalker by Fred Van Lente, perhaps with Mary-Maria as support in their with Redated and Amelia Earhart?
+1

He's definitely expressed interest in it...
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

bygranddesign
it sounds like "chuffed" goes both ways
it sounds like "chuffed" goes both ways
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Peter Stanchek
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by bygranddesign »

lorddunlow wrote:
leonmallett wrote:And yet when i read his work I think we should be clamouring for Timewalker by Fred Van Lente, perhaps with Mary-Maria as support in their with Redated and Amelia Earhart?
+1

He's definitely expressed interest in it...
+2

It makes too much sense not to do ... FVL is familiar with the character and has made the character extremely likable in his limited appearances. And his love of history translates even better for a Timewalker series than A&A.
Ha! Yeah! Nice! Any of those dudes in your head mosh?! - Flamingo

Tim
Confession... I liked Psi-Lords.
Confession... I liked Psi-Lords.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by Tim »

chriskay99 wrote:
99% sure it's Cliff and that's definitely Dime.

jmatt

Post by jmatt »

We need Van Lente to answer this in a con forum...

Jaknife
Rockin' out in Torquehalla

Post by Jaknife »

Tim wrote:
chriskay99 wrote:
You are 100% correct on both

Ricomortis
lookin pu nub in all da wong pwaces
lookin pu nub in all da wong pwaces
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Shadowman - Harada
Favorite title: Imperium
Favorite writer: Dysart & Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Larosa, Henry & CAFU

Post by Ricomortis »

Jaknife wrote:
Tim wrote:
chriskay99 wrote:
You are 100% correct on both

Awwwww man... Cliff Burton and Dimebag... My favorite Bass player and Guitarist. Never got the chance to meet Cliff before he died, but the reputation and rumors about Dimebag are true. He was a great person with a great personality and heart. There is a reason Sirius Radio set aside the entire day for Dimebag related music or interests on the anniversary of his death.

Rico

Check out my Gallery for this year: A year in the life of Ricomortis (2018) http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewto ... 35&t=50927" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Check out my Gallery for last year: "A year in the life of Ricomortis (2017)" http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewto ... 6#p1056798" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jaknife

Post by Jaknife »

And both deaths were just so insane.