Divinity III #3 Discussion

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.
Divinity III #3 Discussion

Post by grendeljd »

If anyone would like to hear our OTV:VCR podcast discussing/reviewing this issue [and Harbinger: Renegade #4], please follow the link;

http://onlythevaliant.com/episodes/vcr105/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks to any who listen in :thumb:
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

agent_graves
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Valiant fan since: Since VEI(Turok #1?)
Favorite character: Divinity/Shadowman/LiveWire
Favorite title: Divinity/Imperium/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Dysart
Favorite artist: Mann/Cafu/De la Torre
Re: Divinity III #3 Discussion

Post by agent_graves »

Wow!! :o One hell of a issue. I'm already dreading the five week wait for #4. Which I'm hoping is due to, future announcements pertaining to Divinity lV....
#StayValiant

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

Wow is right! :bugeyed: What a great issue! This title is rocking now! :clap:

Dallow Spicer1
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

Read this first when I was a bit tired so didn't fully appreciate it first time around, re-read it together with issue #2 the next day and thought it was an superb read. Great team of Kindt and Hairsine, weaving a very intriguing story. I really like how Ninjak is portrayed in this story and how in this context Harada is a hero.

4.5/5 - magic beats mind! :clap:

jmatt

Post by jmatt »

I wonder if Colin and/or Harada will remember these events when Stalinverse unwinds and what it could mean for the VEI universe.

Will Ninjak feel that he owes Toyo a big favor for saving well... everything? Or vice versa? Could it lead to a rapport between them?

Or when they come up against each other will it be "yeah sure, but what have you done for me lately?"

ShadowTuga
Chapa Zero in Portuguese translated to English would be Chapa Zero.
Valiant fan since: 2012

Post by ShadowTuga »

jmatt wrote:I wonder if Colin and/or Harada will remember these events when Stalinverse unwinds and what it could mean for the VEI universe.

Will Ninjak feel that he owes Toyo a big favor for saving well... everything? Or vice versa? Could it lead to a rapport between them?

Or when they come up against each other will it be "yeah sure, but what have you done for me lately?"
Good points. :thumb: I hope this gets addressed in the future also, both of them should remember this.

I freaking geeked out when Toyo appeared. Wasn't expecting him here, don't know why. :clap: :clap: :clap:
I hope the final chapter does not disappoint- this is so far, my fav VEI event. For real. I never expected to like it as much as I am. This is what Valiant should always be, to me: edgy superhero stuff with brains.
Bravo, Valiant- I am in awe.
“To give a person an opinion one must first judge well whether that person is of the disposition to receive it or not.”
Yamamoto Tsunetomo

jmatt

Post by jmatt »

ShadowTuga wrote: this is so far, my fav VEI event.
I agree. The problem for me, however, is look at what they hadda do to set the stage for it. It's easy to surprise readers with cool plot twists and alternate takes on established characters... in an alternate timeline. Now how do they replicate that vibe in a story that takes place in the current timeline with canon all in place?

ShadowTuga
Valiant fan since: 2012

Post by ShadowTuga »

jmatt wrote:
ShadowTuga wrote: this is so far, my fav VEI event.
I agree. The problem for me, however, is look at what they hadda do to set the stage for it. It's easy to surprise readers with cool plot twists and alternate takes on established characters... in an alternate timeline. Now how do they replicate that vibe in a story that takes place in the current timeline with canon all in place?
I know, and I get what you're saying, but to me, D3 is Valiant's Age of Apocalypse- just enjoy the crazy twists and the story, by itself. It will all be the same in the end, or mostly the same.

They can never "replicate that vibe" in current canon, it's a given. One of the cons of a shared universe is that, but just having a shared universe (with great stories, of course) is enough for me. I am still waiting for the BIG Valiant crossover that includes EVERY single character, so far. That will have me hyped like nothing yet.
But I'm glad these events happen, because of that "let's go crazy" attitude. No rules.

I loved Amalgam comics, knowing I would never see that stuff again, probably, for an example.
“To give a person an opinion one must first judge well whether that person is of the disposition to receive it or not.”
Yamamoto Tsunetomo