Bloodshot:Reborn #0 discussion

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

nonplayer
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: back in the day xo#9
Favorite character: Momo, xo turok
Favorite title: Wrath of the eternal warrior
Favorite writer: Joshua dysart
Favorite artist: Robert Gill
Re: Bloodshot:Reborn #0 discussion

Post by nonplayer »

Dallow Spicer1 wrote:When they 'upgraded' the older Bloodshots to have the same nanites as Ray, Capshaw says they'll be able to control their appearance 'like Ray' and indeed they all change colour to their human form. However, my understanding was that BS/Ray could only do this for a short amount of time (based on the early part of the run) and that he was only his human colour in Bloodshot Reborn when he had less nanites in him. Does this mean the older Bloodshots now have less nanites as they are human colour or is Lemire inventing a convenient special ability just to fit in with the story? :? Else wouldn't Ray be 'normal' skin colour all the time if he could be?
Bloodshot Reborn blood shot was normally skinned. Makes sence once it's set it shouldn't take more energy to hold it for as long as he wants.
I Miss the good old days.

Dallow Spicer1
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

nonplayer wrote:
Dallow Spicer1 wrote:When they 'upgraded' the older Bloodshots to have the same nanites as Ray, Capshaw says they'll be able to control their appearance 'like Ray' and indeed they all change colour to their human form. However, my understanding was that BS/Ray could only do this for a short amount of time (based on the early part of the run) and that he was only his human colour in Bloodshot Reborn when he had less nanites in him. Does this mean the older Bloodshots now have less nanites as they are human colour or is Lemire inventing a convenient special ability just to fit in with the story? :? Else wouldn't Ray be 'normal' skin colour all the time if he could be?
Bloodshot Reborn blood shot was normally skinned. Makes sence once it's set it shouldn't take more energy to hold it for as long as he wants.
I think he only had normal skin when the nanites left his body, as he regained the nanites he became 'Bloodshot white' again (if I remember correctly).

Sunlight on Snow

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

Dallow Spicer1 wrote:
nonplayer wrote:
I think he only had normal skin when the nanites left his body, as he regained the nanites he became 'Bloodshot white' again (if I remember correctly).
What you're saying is correct yet Ray has perfectly normal skin when he returns to Magic at the end of BS USA #4.

Dallow Spicer1

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

Sunlight on Snow wrote:
Dallow Spicer1 wrote:
nonplayer wrote:
What you're saying is correct yet Ray has perfectly normal skin when he returns to Magic at the end of BS USA #4.
In that case, why is he ever 'Bloodshot white'?? :?

Keith
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Timewalker
Favorite title: FVLs Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: FVL

Post by Keith »

Sunlight on Snow wrote:What you're saying is correct yet Ray has perfectly normal skin when he returns to Magic at the end of BS USA #4.
I think the overall public sentiment was a general "freaked out" at white skinned, red eyed people after what went down in New York. Bloodshot was making himself inconspicuous.
Dallow Spicer1 wrote:In that case, why is he ever 'Bloodshot white'?? :?
Maybe the act of being in any disguise still requires energy expenditure from the nanites, and they require fuel (protein) to keep the disguise up. Don't think we've ever seen rule set for how long he can hold a disguise, but I'd suggest its "as long as the nanites are able." So if they run out, or perhaps need to divert the resources to something else, like healing, they'll revert him back to his native Bloodshot white.
Good Morning, that's a nice tnetennba.
The thing about Arsenal is they always try to walk it in...

TheeBaldMoose
Valiant fan since: ECCC April 2016
Favorite character: Bloodshot/Ninjak/Divinity
Favorite title: Divinity/BS Reborn/Britannia
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Roberts
Favorite artist: All of them, really

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

Keith wrote:
Sunlight on Snow wrote:What you're saying is correct yet Ray has perfectly normal skin when he returns to Magic at the end of BS USA #4.
I think the overall public sentiment was a general "freaked out" at white skinned, red eyed people after what went down in New York. Bloodshot was making himself inconspicuous.
Maybe the act of being in any disguise still requires energy expenditure from the nanites, and they require fuel (protein) to keep the disguise up. Don't think we've ever seen rule set for how long he can hold a disguise, but I'd suggest its "as long as the nanites are able." So if they run out, or perhaps need to divert the resources to something else, like healing, they'll revert him back to his native Bloodshot white.
I'm currently re-reading the 2012 series, and it does specify "for a short time". I believe that was book 1, during his trip to Afghanistan.
Moose

Dallow Spicer1

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

TheeBaldMoose wrote:
Keith wrote:
I'm currently re-reading the 2012 series, and it does specify "for a short time". I believe that was book 1, during his trip to Afghanistan.
Yes, the 2012 series was what I had in mind. I was never keen on this ability, I think it was another example of a character being 'over powered'.

Sunlight on Snow

Dallow Spicer1 wrote:
TheeBaldMoose wrote:
Keith wrote:
Yes, the 2012 series was what I had in mind. I was never keen on this ability, I think it was another example of a character being 'over powered'.
Hard disks become smaller, faster, and more efficient all the time. It's safe to assume PRS was (and GATE & Omen will be) constantly working on improving the nanites, too, and the different version of Bloodshots proof that. What would be key aspects of nanite development? Make them more energy efficient! Another key aspect would be to let them change the skin color for a longer period of time. Bloodshots are used for special ops and to have a perfect disguise may come in handy, right? While continuity is one thing character development is another and the nanites are what defines Bloodshot. I think it's cool the Bloodshots are now capable of changing their appearances more permanently so they can enjoy their off-time better. They truly deserve this (upgrade).

Gafti
Account inactive by user's request
Valiant fan since: March 2017
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: Venditti
Favorite artist: Cafu +All of them are amazing

Post by Gafti »

Bloodsquirt cover is silly good.
Stay Valiant

Gafti
Account inactive by user's request
Valiant fan since: March 2017
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: Venditti
Favorite artist: Cafu +All of them are amazing

Post by Gafti »

Bloodsquirt cover is silly good.
Stay Valiant

Sunlight on Snow

I sure hope we'll see this fella again someday.