XO Manowar [vol.2] #1 discussion

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Keith
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Timewalker
Favorite title: FVLs Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: FVL
Re: XO Manowar [vol.2] #1 discussion

Post by Keith »

Touching back on my previous posts about trying to figure out out how long Aric has been gone from Earth...

I was going to make the argument that if he is indeed older in this issue, and not just looking that way because of an artist interpretation, then he must be gone from Earth for a long time. An Aric that is five years older, for example, must be off Earth for five years, right?

But... then I remembered that whole "time displacement" thing, and realized the argument could be made that Aric could be off Earth for a year, but ages five, because science. So kinda alleviates any need for me to work anything through in my head.
Good Morning, that's a nice tnetennba.
The thing about Arsenal is they always try to walk it in...

nonplayer
Valiant fan since: back in the day xo#9
Favorite character: Momo, xo turok
Favorite title: Wrath of the eternal warrior
Favorite writer: Joshua dysart
Favorite artist: Robert Gill

Post by nonplayer »

Keith wrote:
nonplayer wrote:The Valiant summit the crew said there is an easter egg that later people will look back and say Omg there it was the whole time.
Any idea wtf they are referring to?
Dinesh was saying similar stuff on Twitter prior to the summit, pretty sure it's the same thing:
Dinesh wrote:Oh snap. We tweeted out the most spoilery page from the X-O Manowar #1 Pre-Order Edition!
I think this refers to the throne Aric was sitting on. I'm thinking that's the building the throne is in.
I Miss the good old days.

Sunlight on Snow

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

nonplayer wrote:
Keith wrote:
nonplayer wrote:The Valiant summit the crew said there is an easter egg that later people will look back and say Omg there it was the whole time.
Dinesh was saying similar stuff on Twitter prior to the summit, pretty sure it's the same thing:
Dinesh wrote:Oh snap. We tweeted out the most spoilery page from the X-O Manowar #1 Pre-Order Edition!
I think this refers to the throne Aric was sitting on. I'm thinking that's the building the throne is in.
That parts of the palace look alike the throne Aric is sitting on at the end of X-O #50 is a nice observation but not the point here.

This hint is about "specific symbols" on the crashed space ship the palace/city is built upon and around. These symbols may tell us a little bit more about what's going on or where the space ship comes from. However, it says it is a giant easter egg that will pay off later (Kindt said "in a year from now" during the summit) so it's nothing that should give us a clue just right now. Perhaps it has something to with the Bounty Hunters that will show up in issue #10?

Sven the Returned
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: V-Diddy
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Sven the Returned »

nonplayer wrote:
Keith wrote:
That's a dope ride i wanna see in full color.

Dallow Spicer1
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

Sunlight on Snow wrote:
nonplayer wrote:
Keith wrote:
That parts of the palace look alike the throne Aric is sitting on at the end of X-O #50 is a nice observation but not the point here.

This hint is about "specific symbols" on the crashed space ship the palace/city is built upon and around. These symbols may tell us a little bit more about what's going on or where the space ship comes from. However, it says it is a giant easter egg that will pay off later (Kindt said "in a year from now" during the summit) so it's nothing that should give us a clue just right now. Perhaps it has something to with the Bounty Hunters that will show up in issue #10?
Is the city built around a crashed spaceship? I don't see it? :?

nonplayer
Valiant fan since: back in the day xo#9
Favorite character: Momo, xo turok
Favorite title: Wrath of the eternal warrior
Favorite writer: Joshua dysart
Favorite artist: Robert Gill

Post by nonplayer »

Dallow Spicer1 wrote:
Sunlight on Snow wrote:
nonplayer wrote:
Keith wrote:

Is the city built around a crashed spaceship? I don't see it? :?
Ya know if you fold the sides of the building out it could look alot like the space ship.
I Miss the good old days.

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

1) I dunno about anyone else, but I don't see much of any kind of symbology on either the ship or the palace. Went looking for a pic online to blow up and came up empty.

2) Those tall flat panels aside the main entrance can easily be the flat panels at the top of the ship.

3) I'm going to assume the script from Kindt is an original and not something crafted specifically to tease us. Why? That first redacted portion spans two lines. We wouldn't see that in text concocted for this purpose.

4) Assuming point three is correct, the length of that second redacted portion could be a clue. That would be something eight characters wide. Too big for "Vine" or the long ago teased "Hive". But "Spider" is a little closer, as is "Hunter".

Spider would be interesting. :hm: :bugeyed:

Keith

Post by Keith »

jmatt wrote:1) I dunno about anyone else, but I don't see much of any kind of symbology on either the ship or the palace. Went looking for a pic online to blow up and came up empty.

2) Those tall flat panels aside the main entrance can easily be the flat panels at the top of the ship.

3) I'm going to assume the script from Kindt is an original and not something crafted specifically to tease us. Why? That first redacted portion spans two lines. We wouldn't see that in text concocted for this purpose.

4) Assuming point three is correct, the length of that second redacted portion could be a clue. That would be something eight characters wide. Too big for "Vine" or the long ago teased "Hive". But "Spider" is a little closer, as is "Hunter".

Visitor? :hm:

Sunlight on Snow

jmatt wrote:1) I dunno about anyone else, but I don't see much of any kind of symbology on either the ship or the palace. Went looking for a pic online to blow up and came up empty.

1) I don't see any special symbols either... only a fee wavy lines but no specific symbols

2) Yes, that was my first thought too

3) The script looks original but the sketch of he space ship (below) is not Matt Kindt's sketch

4) Spider aliens? We've seen two different species by now: The human/mechanical spider hybrids from A&A and Izak's race from Rai and this space ship doesn't look like it could belong to any of them.

Keith

Post by Keith »

Possible spoilers:

https://cdn.bleedingcool.net/wp-content ... age-54.jpg

It's a Psi-Lord ship.

Sunlight on Snow

Keith wrote:Possible spoilers:

https://cdn.bleedingcool.net/wp-content ... age-54.jpg

It's a Psi-Lord ship.
:o

sonicdan
Nice art! (I used to own that.)
Nice art! (I used to own that.)
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Lewis LaRosa

Post by sonicdan »

I represent Giorello's Valiant art sales and the original page is still available.... :hm:

Dan :-D
Sonicdan's Comics and Original Art: http://www.sonicdan.com
My eBay Store (Comics, Art, Collectibles) https://www.ebay.com/str/sonicdanscomicsart

Beware Cyclops
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.

Post by Beware Cyclops »

:drool:

jmatt

Post by jmatt »

Beware Cyclops wrote::drool:
What he said.

Gafti
Account inactive by user's request
Valiant fan since: March 2017
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: Venditti
Favorite artist: Cafu +All of them are amazing

Post by Gafti »

Just watched a couple of Matt Kindt interviews on Youtube; One short one, and one about 43 minutes.
Both were associated with his older book Mind MGMT, but what he said about his writing process relates to this discussion about all the questions about the jump ahead in time and how Aric got to Gorin, etc.
Basically Kindt was talking about how he wants the readers to trust him. He may not answer all of the questions in the beginning, but he will eventually answer them.
He also talked about planting story seeds in early issues, with the intention that they bear fruit down the road. That seems to be a common trait for all of the VU though.
just thought this info would be comforting to some of the hardcore XO fans who are concerned about the entirety of Aric's story and the current missing pieces.
Stay Valiant

Sunlight on Snow

Gafti wrote:Just watched a couple of Matt Kindt interviews on Youtube; One short one, and one about 43 minutes.
Both were associated with his older book Mind MGMT, but what he said about his writing process relates to this discussion about all the questions about the jump ahead in time and how Aric got to Gorin, etc.
Basically Kindt was talking about how he wants the readers to trust him. He may not answer all of the questions in the beginning, but he will eventually answer them.
He also talked about planting story seeds in early issues, with the intention that they bear fruit down the road. That seems to be a common trait for all of the VU though.
just thought this info would be comforting to some of the hardcore XO fans who are concerned about the entirety of Aric's story and the current missing pieces.
Hardcore Matt Kindt fan here. I'm not worried at all about where he's taking X-O.

Here's another very recent interview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEDG8G6g05o" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

05:00 - Grass Kings
25:30 - about juggling/writing so many books at a time
(Ether, Dept H, Mind MGMT, etc.)
1:13:00 - X-O Manowar
1:17:45 - about how he came to write for VEI in the first place
1:23:50 - Ninjak & Divinity
(Their final question is pretty cool!)