Generation Zero #9 Discussion

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.
Generation Zero #9 Discussion

Post by grendeljd »

If anyone would like to hear our OTV:VCR podcast discussing/reviewing this issue [and Ninjak #26], please follow the link;

http://onlythevaliant.com/episodes/vcr113/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks to any who listen in :thumb:

NOTE! This episode features something unique in the annals of OTV:VCR history - Softcore Jeff did the show solo!!

Due to some technical difficulties in the 11th hour, Jeff took one for the team & recorded a raw, stripped down review on his own in order to get something together to keep our streak alive. Every single wednesday that has featured a new release Valiant book over the last 2+ years, VCR has been right there with ya as a companion review show.
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Brapbrap
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite character: Sunlight On Snow
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Raul Allen
Re: Generation Zero #9 Discussion

Post by Brapbrap »

interesting story overall but i cant help but feel like there could have been more done with original dysart concept for generation zero, whereas this ending seems to have put us well past that phase and into some other thing.

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

I love this run. Great story and fantastic art. It's a shame it wasn't better received in the market.

There's a panel where Blacksheep's dialogue is coming from Keisha (where she's dangling one of the Zygos twins from the building). No biggie, but I am surprised this stuff gets through editorial.

jmatt

Post by jmatt »

Oh, and I just got it: Rook. Moves at right angles = Cornermen.

Phoenix8008
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by Phoenix8008 »

jmatt wrote:Oh, and I just got it: Rook. Moves at right angles = Cornermen.
Oh. My. God. :bugeyed:

Congrats, sir. If this were a Marvel book, you would have just won a gold plated No-prize!

For the record though, they should have actually been bishops, because they travel THROUGH right angle corners only, not around them.
-Phoenix8008 (a.k.a. Charticus!)
Viva la Valiant!
(moderator of r/Valiant subreddit)

ShadowTuga
Chapa Zero in Portuguese translated to English would be Chapa Zero.

Post by ShadowTuga »

Well, I decided to go and read everything Psiot I had piling up until today. I'm now going to read Renegade #5, and am super excited for it like I haven't been for a Valiant book for what it seems, the longest time.

But I just wanted to say that this series was actually Great; I had read the first issues, liked it, but never felt the urge to read beyond #3 or 4, I think. I missed out, but it's all good- now I'm updated.
Loved the new characters of Keisha and Black Sheep. And the poor Psiot girl that was used. This had great, great character moments, even thought the action was always On. The Zygos were less creepy, more interesting- and Animelia was a LOL moment, seriously.

I love that FVL uses Lovecraftian elements here and there, those fishy eyed peeps for an example, and the obvious Cornermen. The horror factor was there, but in a light way, I guess. I mean, they mutilated a poor innocent girl to abuse her powers while she sleeps- that's messed up!
If you read my posts on anything Gen 0, I'm usually on the side who sees them as "Renegades with Psiot training- but the same type of book", not that much of a fan. This series actually made me care about all of them, I think- Animelia the most, but still. I finally came to like this team. And here's :hope: that they come out of Massacre.

Now, I can't say that I want a new Gen 0 series (and I have this gut guess that the Massacre storyline will thin the herd), but reading this book all in one sitting was a Very Fun experience. One more reason to tradewait, I guess.

Hopefuly, Fred Van Lente will have something soon- or if something was annouced already, I missed it :?

EDIT - War Mother, of course, duh.And now I know there'll be no more Gen 0 series. :o
“To give a person an opinion one must first judge well whether that person is of the disposition to receive it or not.”
Yamamoto Tsunetomo

kinggirlfriend
Valiant fan since: 2016
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Wrath
Favorite writer: Venditti
Favorite artist: CAFU

Post by kinggirlfriend »

ShadowTuga wrote:Hopefuly, Fred Van Lente will have something soon- or if something was annouced already, I missed it :?
Fred is writing WAR MOTHER. Starts in a month or two I believe.

EDIT: whoops, just saw your edit. :D

ShadowTuga

Post by ShadowTuga »

kinggirlfriend wrote:
ShadowTuga wrote:Hopefuly, Fred Van Lente will have something soon- or if something was annouced already, I missed it :?
Fred is writing WAR MOTHER. Starts in a month or two I believe.

EDIT: whoops, just saw your edit. :D
:thumb:
“To give a person an opinion one must first judge well whether that person is of the disposition to receive it or not.”
Yamamoto Tsunetomo