Secret Weapons #2

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.
Re: Secret Weapons #2

Post by grendeljd »

This issue was just fantastic, for all the same reasons that #1 was. It's all about the creative team at work here. I'm fully digging the writing & artistic direction of this series. I think this is the best comic Valiant has put out this year so far. :thumb: :thumb:
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jeremycoe
I like spidey-butt and I can not lie
I like spidey-butt and I can not lie
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Quantum & Woody (Acclaim)

Post by jeremycoe »

Great issue. It seems like every aspect of this book is firing on all cylinders.

Also, I really enjoyed Eric's essay at the end.
Alone, listless, breakfast table in an otherwise empty room.

Dallow Spicer1
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

Enjoyable issue, keeping me insterested so far. Occasionally dialogue in both issues 1 & 2 is a bit eye rollingly cliché and there's an underlying feeling that there's a 'social agenda' in terms of characters but it didn't spoil the story for me. Nice little Ninjak cameo too, glad the artist didn't feel the need to draw him fully masked as is often the way when it seems for no apparent reason.

Art is phenomenal and it really enhances the enjoyment of the story!

Side note: I'm getting pre order editions and it's odd that both issues 1 & 2 have the exact same cover apart from a colour change :? In this era of multiple covers for the same issue, it seems a strange editorial decision? No biggee though.

4/5 - :thumb:

grendeljd
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

Dallow Spicer1 wrote:Side note: I'm getting pre order editions and it's odd that both issues 1 & 2 have the exact same cover apart from a colour change :? In this era of multiple covers for the same issue, it seems a strange editorial decision? No biggee though.

Apparently that was a mistake - I was disappointed by that last month too, but they released another printing of the pre-order edition of #2 this week with a new, unique cover.
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sunlight on Snow

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

grendeljd wrote:
Dallow Spicer1 wrote:Side note: I'm getting pre order editions and it's odd that both issues 1 & 2 have the exact same cover apart from a colour change :? In this era of multiple covers for the same issue, it seems a strange editorial decision? No biggee though.

Apparently that was a mistake - I was disappointed by that last month too, but they released another printing of the pre-order edition of #2 this week with a new, unique cover.
I haven't been to my LCS yet this week. Does this mean we automatically get another copy/cover?

grendeljd

Post by grendeljd »

Sunlight on Snow wrote:
grendeljd wrote:

I haven't been to my LCS yet this week. Does this mean we automatically get another copy/cover?
I have heard that the new cover edition was specifically shipped out for free at no cost to retailers, to give away to pre-order customers as a free replacement for the "error" copy with the repeated image of Livewire. I found that out after I had been to my lcs yesterday, I plan on following up with them to see if I was supposed to receive one or not.

Sunlight on Snow

grendeljd wrote:
Sunlight on Snow wrote:
grendeljd wrote:

I have heard that the new cover edition was specifically shipped out for free at no cost to retailers, to give away to pre-order customers as a free replacement for the "error" copy with the repeated image of Livewire. I found that out after I had been to my lcs yesterday, I plan on following up with them to see if I was supposed to receive one or not.
So you haven't received your replacement copy yet?

It'll probably work like it did in case of Saga #41 in Dec/Jan when Image sent out another copy with a fixed cover (the initial one was way too dark) a couple weeks later.

grendeljd

Post by grendeljd »

Sunlight on Snow wrote:
grendeljd wrote:
Sunlight on Snow wrote:
grendeljd wrote:

It'll probably work like it did in case of Saga #41 in Dec/Jan when Image sent out another copy with a fixed cover (the initial one was way too dark) a couple weeks later.
No, I saw the replacement cover copies sitting on their rack - in addition to a bunch of preorder copies for #3. My lcs messed up and put them all out on the shelf instead of in their customer pull box. At the time I saw it, I didn't know we were supposed to get the replacement cover, so I didn't ask about it.

Sunlight on Snow

grendeljd wrote:
Sunlight on Snow wrote:
grendeljd wrote:
Sunlight on Snow wrote:
grendeljd wrote:

No, I saw the replacement cover copies sitting on their rack - in addition to a bunch of preorder copies for #3. My lcs messed up and put them all out on the shelf instead of in their customer pull box. At the time I saw it, I didn't know we were supposed to get the replacement cover, so I didn't ask about it.
Ah, I see. Then let's hope they're not mistakenly selling the extra copies (your copy) in the meantime. :hope:

It's weird there wasn't an official announcement from Valiant's side.... or we didn't see it.

Dallow Spicer1

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

agent_graves wrote:⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️-This Book Is Amazing!!!! Writing. Art. Colors. Everything is on point.... :thumb:

This should be an on-going title.... :clap:
Sunlight on Snow wrote:Unfortunately we did not get to the glowing baseball bat guy in this issue. After the minor cliffhanger at the end of the first issue it would have been nice to see what's happened to him especially since we have Rex-O in this one. Kinda weird!
That looked like Martin's head in the fridge. He also was the only one, that didn't have a character bio in this issue. Off panel death? His psiot ability, being what it was, all he could do is run, and Rex-O had him cornered... :?
Yeah it looked like Martin's head but I dismissed it as impossible as he's 1 of the 4 main characters in the book. But then I listened to Chris on OTV and he seems convinced it is so now I'm not so sure? :?

Should receive my issue #3 in the next few days so presumably that will clear it up?
Last edited by Dallow Spicer1 on Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:14:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sunlight on Snow

grendeljd wrote:
Sunlight on Snow wrote:
grendeljd wrote:
Sunlight on Snow wrote:
grendeljd wrote:

Just came back from my LCS. They confused them as second printings as well. :lol:

Sunlight on Snow

Dallow Spicer1 wrote:
agent_graves wrote:⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️-This Book Is Amazing!!!! Writing. Art. Colors. Everything is on point.... :thumb:

Sunlight on Snow wrote:Unfortunately we did not get to the glowing baseball bat guy in this issue. After the minor cliffhanger at the end of the first issue it would have been nice to see what's happened to him especially since we have Rex-O in this one. Kinda weird!
That looked like Martin's head in the fridge. He also was the only one, that didn't have a character bio in this issue. Off panel death? His psiot ability, being what it was, all he could do is run, and Rex-O had him cornered... :?
Yeah it looked like Martin's head nut I dismissed it as impossible as he's 1 of the 4 main characters in the book. But the I listened to Chris on OTV and he seems convinced it is so now I'm not so sure? :?

Should receive my issue #3 in the next few days so presumably that will clear it up?
Maybe...? Not telling you anything. No spoiler. :|

Dallow Spicer1

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

Sunlight on Snow wrote:
Dallow Spicer1 wrote:

Yeah it looked like Martin's head nut I dismissed it as impossible as he's 1 of the 4 main characters in the book. But the I listened to Chris on OTV and he seems convinced it is so now I'm not so sure? :?

Maybe...? Not telling you anything. No spoiler. :|
:lol: :thumb: thanks

Dallow Spicer1

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

Sunlight on Snow wrote:
grendeljd wrote:
Sunlight on Snow wrote:
grendeljd wrote:
Sunlight on Snow wrote:
grendeljd wrote: Apparently that was a mistake - I was disappointed by that last month too, but they released another printing of the pre-order edition of #2 this week with a new, unique cover.

Just came back from my LCS. They confused them as second printings as well. :lol:
Some confirmation from Dinesh on Twitter...
"There was a mix up with the preorder edition to begin with and the wrong cover was printed. We managed to catch it early and print additional copies with the correct cover. Those were sent to retailers on us."

grendeljd

Post by grendeljd »

Dallow Spicer1 wrote:
Sunlight on Snow wrote:
grendeljd wrote:
Sunlight on Snow wrote:
grendeljd wrote:
Sunlight on Snow wrote: I haven't been to my LCS yet this week. Does this mean we automatically get another copy/cover?

Some confirmation from Dinesh on Twitter...
"There was a mix up with the preorder edition to begin with and the wrong cover was printed. We managed to catch it early and print additional copies with the correct cover. Those were sent to retailers on us."
:high-five:

S o S, did your shop give you a copy of the new #2?

Sunlight on Snow

grendeljd wrote:S o S, did your shop give you a copy of the new #2?
Yes, of course, I told them one copy was mine and the other one belonged to another customer.

grendeljd

Post by grendeljd »

Sunlight on Snow wrote:
grendeljd wrote:S o S, did your shop give you a copy of the new #2?
Yes, of course, I told them one copy was mine and the other one belonged to another customer.
Sweet. I have to call my shop & see if they'll do the same.