Faith & The Future Force #4 Discussion

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Thegreatmagnet
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite character: Ninjak
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Matt Kindt
Favorite artist: Juan Jose Ryp
Faith & The Future Force #4 Discussion

Post by Thegreatmagnet »

VCR review for anybody who's interested: http://onlythevaliant.com/episodes/vcr138/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I also wrote a written review: http://www.comicsthegathering.com/revie ... re-force-4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.
Re: Faith & The Future Force #4 Discussion

Post by grendeljd »

Ya made the thread for this book with the link to VCR, but didn't do another thread for War Mother 3? Damn rookies! :lol: :kidaround: :P
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dallow Spicer1
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

First off, I recognise that I’m probably not the demographic this book is aimed so the tone of the book is always going to feel lightweight and insubstantial to me. But, as with most people on this board I want to like all of the books and support the company.

I thought this was the best issue of a weak mini series. Unfortunately the goofy Robot villain was something I couldn’t get past so every time it appears I get taken out of the story.

I did like the Chris Chriswell dialogue (another ridiculous villain though) which was the best part of the book and I do think Jody Houser writes nice character interaction with sharp dialogue, it’s just a shame it’s within a framework of a story which is a little mediocre.

Surprised to see Valiant use Cary Nord’s talents on one of the lower tier books, that said there wasn’t much in the way of backgrounds in many panels, a rush job maybe? :?

I like Faith as a character I just not sure she’s solo book material.

3/5 for this issue but 2/5 for the 4 issue mini

agent_graves
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Valiant fan since: Since VEI(Turok #1?)
Favorite character: Divinity/Shadowman/LiveWire
Favorite title: Divinity/Imperium/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Dysart
Favorite artist: Mann/Cafu/De la Torre

Post by agent_graves »

Dallow Spicer1 wrote:Unfortunately the goofy Robot villain was something I couldn’t get past so every time it appears I get taken out of the story.
+1 :!: :censored: facepalm
#StayValiant

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

It's a Do-Bot, but I don't know if I'm supposed to be seeing that as "Do (sounds like doo) Bot" or "Do (sounds like go) Bot".
It would make more sense to be a "Do (sounds like doo) Bot", since it was made to do things, but we have pop culture things called "Go-Bots" and "Do-Nuts" (doughnuts).

So, everytime I see its name, I think "doo bot" and "dough bot" without really knowing for sure which one it is supposed to be... just that it looks like those oversized wall plugs for iPhones.

http://eshop.macsales.com/images/Items/ ... 232501.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dallow Spicer1
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

greg wrote:It's a Do-Bot, but I don't know if I'm supposed to be seeing that as "Do (sounds like doo) Bot" or "Do (sounds like go) Bot".
It would make more sense to be a "Do (sounds like doo) Bot", since it was made to do things, but we have pop culture things called "Go-Bots" and "Do-Nuts" (doughnuts).

So, everytime I see its name, I think "doo bot" and "dough bot" without really knowing for sure which one it is supposed to be... just that it looks like those oversized wall plugs for iPhones.

http://eshop.macsales.com/images/Items/ ... 232501.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:funnypost: yep, that's what the newest villain in the Valiant U looks like and 4 issues were dedicated to it! With so few books being released can we really experiment with goofy stuff like this? :?

jeremycoe
I like spidey-butt and I can not lie
I like spidey-butt and I can not lie
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Quantum & Woody (Acclaim)

Post by jeremycoe »

greg wrote:It's a Do-Bot, but I don't know if I'm supposed to be seeing that as "Do (sounds like doo) Bot" or "Do (sounds like go) Bot".

It's the first VEI action figure!
Alone, listless, breakfast table in an otherwise empty room.