Bloodshot Salvation #2

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

pixierosa
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Bloodshot Salvation #2

Post by pixierosa »

My review at All-Comic: http://all-comic.com/2017/bloodshot-salvation-2/

Lemire has done much to develop Bloodshot's character over the years. Great characterizations and depth. Even the scarred man showed a softer side.

Good story, beautiful book. Lewis and Mico complement each other. I like Rodriguez's painted colors and the softer inking. Made for some beautiful moments of Ray with baby Jessie.

Two timelines, two stories. I like how it's slowly being teased out what the connection will be.

Theory time: the man in the basement in the current timeline. This must be a son of the scarred man or someone close to him, judging by his behavior and inviting him to join in a meal in the house proper. His face made this seem more personal - he was apprehensive. I'm assuming that he's experimenting on the calves in order to find a way to help the man in the basement, who will eventually be "cured" and become Rampage. Or, maybe he already is Rampage but is trying to help him not be a "monster" (Rampage's self-description). The basement exile seems self-imposed to an extent.
"Sorry, no. You are absolutely about to pepper spray the wrong guy."

nonplayer
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: back in the day xo#9
Favorite character: Momo, xo turok
Favorite title: Wrath of the eternal warrior
Favorite writer: Joshua dysart
Favorite artist: Robert Gill
Re: Bloodshot Salvation #2

Post by nonplayer »

Feeding baby bloodshot on the boob would probably mean death for magic.

How can she have the chest wound? All the Bloodshots have it as far as I know but that was the injection site for the nanites. Why would she have it?

Crazy theory

It's bloodshot in the basement. He's been captured and has had his nanites extracted by coaxing or forced out.

He walked into that redneck fortress trying to hold his cards to his chest. He didn't follow his instincts of a bull in a China shop.

I am hoping the child who's name I forgotten kicks rampages *SQUEE* and saves her dad.
4.5 out of five
I Miss the good old days.

pixierosa
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Favorite writer: Dysart

Post by pixierosa »

nonplayer wrote:
Crazy theory

It's bloodshot in the basement. He's been captured and has had his nanites extracted by coaxing or forced out.
It can't be Bloodshot (Ray) - it's happening in the same timeline as his visit to "Daddy". They shift the location to Ohio but they don't change the time period of the story. The scarred man is a part of Omen and is taking over leadership since the fall of Kozol. In the Bloodshot USA title, they were scrambling to get all the data that they could. I'm guessing he's using that data to perform his own tests on the calves to cure whomever is in the basement.
"Sorry, no. You are absolutely about to pepper spray the wrong guy."

jeremycoe
I like spidey-butt and I can not lie
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Quantum & Woody (Acclaim)

Post by jeremycoe »

Enjoying the story, but the red dot scar on Jessie bugs me. How does that make sense?
Alone, listless, breakfast table in an otherwise empty room.

nonplayer
Valiant fan since: back in the day xo#9
Favorite character: Momo, xo turok
Favorite title: Wrath of the eternal warrior
Favorite writer: Joshua dysart
Favorite artist: Robert Gill

Post by nonplayer »

jeremycoe wrote:Enjoying the story, but the red dot scar on Jessie bugs me. How does that make sense?
I can look passed that along as magic doesn't try to breast feed her.
I Miss the good old days.

Bl00dsh0t
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: Bloodshot #1 (2012)
Favorite character: Ninjak/Woody
Favorite title: Bloodshot/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Bl00dsh0t »

pixierosa wrote:
nonplayer wrote:
Crazy theory

It can't be Bloodshot (Ray) - it's happening in the same timeline as his visit to "Daddy". They shift the location to Ohio but they don't change the time period of the story. The scarred man is a part of Omen and is taking over leadership since the fall of Kozol. In the Bloodshot USA title, they were scrambling to get all the data that they could. I'm guessing he's using that data to perform his own tests on the calves to cure whomever is in the basement.
Here's my theory on the dude in the basement - it's Jacob from the Bloodshot Reborn Annual 2016 (he was a product of PRS who was unstable, BS was deployed to kill him but didn't). I think the dialogue with the somewhat childlike 'bye, bye' as the Scared Man lends itself towards the character in the annual. Would love to see this continuity nod :thumb:

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

If anyone would like to hear our OTV:VCR podcast discussing/reviewing this issue [and Eternity #1, & XO Manowar #8], please follow the link;

http://onlythevaliant.com/episodes/vcr139/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks to any who listen in :thumb:
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Summydad1
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: X-O/Bloodshot/Ninjak/Rai
Favorite title: X-O (2012)/Harby (2012)
Favorite writer: Kindt/Venditti/Dysart
Favorite artist: BWS/Braithwaite/Crain

Post by Summydad1 »

I give it a 5/5. I bought and read Bloodshot, X.O., and Eternity yesterday and enjoyed Bloodshot the most by far. The art is great, the story is interesting, and the covers are cool. I'm liking this series so far.
"Do. Or do not. There is no try" -Yoda

Dallow Spicer1
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

Great read! This is what Valiant can do when it combines its A level writers and artists :clap:

Scarred man is probably the most interesting part of the story so far for me, especially with the person in the basement. I agree with Pixierosa that this is likely to be someone he cares for, son maybe? Good theory that the animals are being experimented on to find some kind of cure for the person in the basement.

My only criticism is the ‘Daddy’ part of the story puts me too much in mind of Preacher (Grandma and the good ‘ol boys) and the ‘redneck’ thing is way over used in American story telling. It’s somewhat of a cliché along side nazis and KKK etc.

In the pre order edition, Lemire says Jessie is not just a gimmick but will be part of the Valiant story for years to come. I wonder how this will work given this part of the story is set 9 years in the future? :? could this be problematic for continuity?

4.5/5
Last edited by Dallow Spicer1 on Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:32:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

jeremycoe
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Quantum & Woody (Acclaim)

Post by jeremycoe »

nonplayer wrote:
jeremycoe wrote:Enjoying the story, but the red dot scar on Jessie bugs me. How does that make sense?
I can look passed that along as magic doesn't try to breast feed her.
I'm having a hard time understanding your hangup with this? Is it because you think she will be too strong and hurt Magic?
Alone, listless, breakfast table in an otherwise empty room.

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

Great issue, the art and color are just jaw dropping.

Dallow Spicer1
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

I was re-reading Bloodshot Reborn, Butch Guice did some of the art on that run, I’d like to see him back on Bloodshot (or another Valiant book).