Eternity #1 Discussion

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.
Eternity #1 Discussion

Post by grendeljd »

If anyone would like to hear our OTV:VCR podcast discussing/reviewing this issue [and Bloodshot: Salvation #2, & XO Manowar #8], please follow the link;

http://onlythevaliant.com/episodes/vcr139/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks to any who listen in :thumb:
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Summydad1
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: X-O/Bloodshot/Ninjak/Rai
Favorite title: X-O (2012)/Harby (2012)
Favorite writer: Kindt/Venditti/Dysart
Favorite artist: BWS/Braithwaite/Crain
Re: Eternity #1 Discussion

Post by Summydad1 »

Solid 4/5. I give it that high of a rating because the story is intriguing. The art is ok but not my favorite. Also, Divinity is in it and is a great character. Looking forward to next month.
"Do. Or do not. There is no try" -Yoda

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

An interesting open. It's kind of like if Kafka wrote an issue of Thor in Asgard and Salvador Dali got to design the characters and set.

Curious that Sputnik somehow plays a role.

And I'm pretty sure that when we first learned that Myshka was pregnant, I posited that the child would become the cover page character we've seen for awhile now. I guess we're gonna find out.

agent_graves
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Valiant fan since: Since VEI(Turok #1?)
Favorite character: Divinity/Shadowman/LiveWire
Favorite title: Divinity/Imperium/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Dysart
Favorite artist: Mann/Cafu/De la Torre

Post by agent_graves »

⭐️-Intriguing narrative concept
⭐️-Crazy new character designs & world building (channeling Möbius & Kirby)
⭐️-Amazing colors
⭐️-Loving the subplot with David Camp and the religious sect
⭐️-Impressive start to what looks to be another great mini series
#StayValiant

Keith
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Favorite character: Timewalker
Favorite title: FVLs Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: FVL

Post by Keith »

David Camp = Fred Bender?

And the scenes where Abram and Myshka were traveling to the Unknown... anyone else struck with the impression that they were traveling through The Bleed?

So here is some timeline speculation... in Divinity #0, Abram visits Bloodshot and we see a very pregnant Magic. Then Myshka tells Abram she is pregnant. In Bloodshot Salvation, current day Jesse is relatively newborn. In Eternity, Abram and Myshka’s infant son appears to be somewhat older (i.e. crawling, forming words) than Jesse. So, it can be assumed that Eternity is occurring much later than what we’ve seen in Bloodshot Salvation, assuming a nine month pregnancy still applies to both sides. A rough timeline via reading order might look something like:

Bloodshot USA/Bloodshot Reborn
Stalinverse/Divinity #0
Bloodshot Salvation (presumably just the 1st Arc)
Eternity #0
Good Morning, that's a nice tnetennba.
The thing about Arsenal is they always try to walk it in...

tell
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)

Post by tell »

Keith wrote:And the scenes where Abram and Myshka were traveling to the Unknown... anyone else struck with the impression that they were traveling through The Bleed?
I can't recsall what The Bleed is.
Keith wrote:So here is some timeline speculation... in Divinity #0, Abram visits Bloodshot and we see a very pregnant Magic. Then Myshka tells Abram she is pregnant. In Bloodshot Salvation, current day Jesse is relatively newborn. In Eternity, Abram and Myshka’s infant son appears to be somewhat older (i.e. crawling, forming words) than Jesse. So, it can be assumed that Eternity is occurring much later than what we’ve seen in Bloodshot Salvation, assuming a nine month pregnancy still applies to both sides. A rough timeline via reading order might look something like:
Could also be like Solar's god-baby in VH1, if I remember correctly it grows up in a few hours or days or something.

Keith

Post by Keith »

tell wrote:
Keith wrote:And the scenes where Abram and Myshka were traveling to the Unknown... anyone else struck with the impression that they were traveling through The Bleed?
Not sure if it’s still explained this way post-Rebirth, but in the DC Universe, the Bleed is what separates the different Multiverse universes... and yes, it looks like blood. I think Warren Ellis actually introduced the idea during the Planetary series for Wildstorm, and DC kept it going when they brought Wildstorm into their fold and made the properties one of the 52 earths.

I mentioned it because the first panel of Abram and Myshka flying to the Unknown looks like they are flying through blood.

jmatt

Post by jmatt »

Keith wrote:David Camp = Fred Bender?
I read it again tonight, yeah, it has that same vibe.

Oh, and I forgot to mention the opening line of the Obeserver: "Tempus... est... tempus ...absoluta".

Time IS absolute. Wonder where that's heading. :hm:

dornwolf

Post by dornwolf »

Keith wrote:
tell wrote:
Not sure if it’s still explained this way post-Rebirth, but in the DC Universe, the Bleed is what separates the different Multiverse universes... and yes, it looks like blood. I think Warren Ellis actually introduced the idea during the Planetary series for Wildstorm, and DC kept it going when they brought Wildstorm into their fold and made the properties one of the 52 earths.

I mentioned it because the first panel of Abram and Myshka flying to the Unknown looks like they are flying through blood.
I believe Multiversity keeps the Bleed as canon. I don’t thinks it’s been mentioned beyond that though. Maybe with Doomsday Clock

Keith

Post by Keith »

dornwolf wrote:
Keith wrote:
tell wrote:

I believe Multiversity keeps the Bleed as canon. I don’t thinks it’s been mentioned beyond that though. Maybe with Doomsday Clock
And not to take this one too off tangent, but I believe Final Crisis is still in canon, and I think the Bleed was impactful there.

dornwolf

Post by dornwolf »

Keith wrote:
dornwolf wrote:
Keith wrote:
tell wrote:

And not to take this one too off tangent, but I believe Final Crisis is still in canon, and I think the Bleed was impactful there.
Hard to tell honestly, everything is in a kind of "timey wimey" place at the moment.

possumgrease
I had the 1,000,000th post on this board and all I got was this lousy custom ranking.
I had the 1,000,000th post on this board and all I got was this lousy custom ranking.
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by possumgrease »

This was sort like when I’ve had quail: pretty, tasty, but not a lot of meat.