Quantum & Woody [2017] #3 Discussion

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.
Quantum & Woody [2017] #3 Discussion

Post by grendeljd »

If anyone would like to hear our OTV:VCR podcast discussing/reviewing this issue [& Ninjak vs. The Valiant Universe #1], please follow the link;

http://onlythevaliant.com/episodes/vcr154/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks to any who listen in :thumb:
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SuperMage
Completely ruined the ending of Last Jedi: The Force Reloaded of the Green Gables 8 -- This Time, It's Really Really Personal (In Space).
Completely ruined the ending of Last Jedi: The Force Reloaded of the Green Gables 8 -- This Time, It's Really Really Personal (In Space).
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Animalia
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Re: Quantum & Woody [2017] #3 Discussion

Post by SuperMage »

No more Dad/Goat.

Bl00dsh0t
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: Bloodshot #1 (2012)
Favorite character: Ninjak/Woody
Favorite title: Bloodshot/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Bl00dsh0t »

As a fan of Quantum and Woody this issue really disappointed. It sucked. The whole premise was stupid and I didn't enjoy reading it. Looking forward to a return to the story arc in #4 then I can forget this issue ever happened.

Dallow Spicer1
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

I alway thought the dad in the goat story line was Quantum & Woody at its goofiest worse. I think the whole goat thing is long past it’s use by date, it just isn’t funny. With that said, this story explained/got rid of the dad/goat nonsense which I was pleased about and the story on the whole was decent an£ kept me entertained. I think Kibblesmith will be a loss after issue 4.

The art by Portela wasn’t to the level of Kano but it was certainly better than Ming Chen so if this is the art on the book in the longer term then it’s reasonable enough without having that ‘X’ factor. Just please keep Portela away from XO, Bloodshot, Ninja k etc

Seemed odd to break up the first arc of a new series with this story but I was fine with it.

3.75/5 Decent read