Bloodshot: Salvation #7 Discussion

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.
Bloodshot: Salvation #7 Discussion

Post by grendeljd »

If anyone would like to hear our OTV:VCR podcast discussing/reviewing this issue, please follow the link;

http://onlythevaliant.com/episodes/vcr156/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks to any who listen in :thumb:
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nonplayer
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: back in the day xo#9
Favorite character: Momo, xo turok
Favorite title: Wrath of the eternal warrior
Favorite writer: Joshua dysart
Favorite artist: Robert Gill
Re: Bloodshot: Salvation #7 Discussion

Post by nonplayer »

I enjoyed it. Felt like a filler issue and read fast. Nothing much happened. The logic to bring your daughter to some weird place withbout help other than a dog. Im having a real hard to coming to terms of that. Are you kidding me. Ninjak and shadowman are usless friends. The more I write here the less flavorful this issue is to me but Im sticking with I liked it.
I Miss the good old days.

Bl00dsh0t
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: Bloodshot #1 (2012)
Favorite character: Ninjak/Woody
Favorite title: Bloodshot/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Bl00dsh0t »

I really liked the concept of an 'all black' issue, much the same as the 'silent' issue we had in Ninjak - it's a cool premise. The problem I had with Bloodshot Salvation #7 is that it didn't progress the story at all from #6. Why did BS go blind? Did it just take his Nanites a while to adjust? Where was Shadowman? Didn't he pull Bloodshot and Bloodhound with him to the Deadside?

My rating: 2/5 - just below average.

Phoenix8008
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by Phoenix8008 »

I thought it was a cool concept issue. I agree not much happened. But it's harder to show much happening with that visual limitation. I liked it and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next. Although I would like an explanation for why his nanites blacked out.
-Phoenix8008 (a.k.a. Charticus!)
Viva la Valiant!
(moderator of r/Valiant subreddit)

TheFerg714
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: July 2014
Favorite character: Archer
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Juan Jose Ryp

Post by TheFerg714 »

I didn't mind it while reading it, but I'm starting to hate it more and more every time I think about it. This issue was NOT worth $4, whatsoever.

And I have to say.. the more it think about this issue, the more I come to think that it might be about time for a new writer on Bloodshot. This whole arc feels really pointless and stupid, and the lack of artwork is not helping. Bloodshot Reborn and Swiercynzski's (sp?) Bloodshot were significantly better.

agent_graves
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Valiant fan since: Since VEI(Turok #1?)
Favorite character: Divinity/Shadowman/LiveWire
Favorite title: Divinity/Imperium/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Dysart
Favorite artist: Mann/Cafu/De la Torre

Post by agent_graves »

Cool concept, experimental. Time to get to it now...
#StayValiant

Dallow Spicer1
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

This was a great issue! What a concept, in Deadside, blind, protecting a new born baby with only a dog for guidance whilst surrounded by Demons and the unknown! You COULD’NT have made the same impact with pictures! When he fell in the water and lost hold of his baby..scary s#!£ :o

My only minor gripe was it was a quick read.

4.75/5 - as a one off the experiment worked, looking forward to the next issue. :clap:

nonplayer

Post by nonplayer »

Did you miss out on the Harbinger Renagades coupon redemption for the HW2#0 issue?

Now is your chance to own one!

All you have to do is read Bloodshot Salvation #7 out March 7 It is going to be a weird issue, suposedly with all black panels.
Art is perceived by each person differently.
The idea of Bloodshot Salvation #7 I've been told is your suposed to use your own imagination to fill in the black panels. So what I want you to do, is do something to show me what any one panels in that issue looks like in your minds eye.
Art, video, sketch, embrodery, Stop motion, meme, flip art, pumpkin. use any medium you want. Post it on social media with hash tag #winhw20 and I will choose a winner and send you the 0 issue.
You have till Wednesday March 21 to post on instagram, Twitter, world wide Valiant face book group, only the Valiant face book group. I need to be able to find your submission so spread it around.
Not only will you get the HW2#0 issue I will toss in a mystery item and Free shipping to you.
Open to world wide participants.

Enjoy and Good luck

Brought to you by a member of
Team Hardcats

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

I'd rather not see an issue like this again. And coming in the month that big movie news is out, this is probably an inadvisable way to welcome first time looky-loos at the rack.

Dallow Spicer1
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

grendeljd wrote:If anyone would like to hear our OTV:VCR podcast discussing/reviewing this issue, please follow the link;

http://onlythevaliant.com/episodes/vcr156/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks to any who listen in :thumb:
15 minutes of CRAZY talk! :P :o :lol: This was a great book!

tell
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)

Post by tell »

It's cool that they took an artsy risk but I didn't enjoy the book. It'll be an interesting section of a TPB but I'm not sure that anything that happened mattered. I get the feeling that if they skipped to the last page in the trade nothing would be missing from the story. It makes me wonder if this was less about an artistic approach to an issue than a spacer so BS:S will sync up better with Shadowman or HW2, or to give an artist more time for some future issue.

It would have been nice if the last page showed him wet, or burnt by a dragon, or injured from running off a cliff, or shot in his legs.

tell

Post by tell »

Oops, I double posted so here's a cute baby muskox.

grendeljd
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

jmatt wrote:I'd rather not see an issue like this again.
+1

I understand what Jeff is playing with in terms of manipulating the reader experience to match the first person viewpoint of a blind character in this story... however, the whole point of comics generally as a storytelling medium is to have visuals accompanying a written narrative. This experiment would have potentially been more interesting as a shorter portion of the issue, not the entire thing. We get the point. Not enough actually happened to stretch this so thin over a full issue.

And honestly, what was really going on here? The dog was leading him on via sound. Okay - cool, that could work, I get it... The dog is supposed to be fairly intelligent - why did it keep leading him into places where he kept falling from heights & potentially drowning in water?

Meh. The story is feeling a bit lazy at this point. I also still don't see the logic in going to the deadside to fix a technological problem with baby Jessie. Have to see how this ties up next issue though.
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nonplayer

Post by nonplayer »

Bloodhound would not pass as a seeing eye dog.

grendeljd

Post by grendeljd »

tell wrote:Oops, I double posted so here's a cute baby muskox.

BloodOx? BloodshOx? :)

hawkeyeps
Everybody gets some "little extras"
Everybody gets some "little extras"

Post by hawkeyeps »

grendeljd wrote: And honestly, what was really going on here? The dog was leading him on via sound. Okay - cool, that could work, I get it... The dog is supposed to be fairly intelligent - why did it keep leading him into places where he kept falling from heights & potentially drowning in water?
:lol: :clap:

otomo
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: 2017
Favorite character: XO Manowar
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite writer: Matt Kindt
Favorite artist: Tomas Giorello

Post by otomo »

Neat gimmick. From that standpoint, I am amused.

BUT... I feel insulted that I paid $4 for that gimmick though on Bloodshot. No real development, The "no sight" concept got tired by like 4-5 pages in, and no visuals defeats the point of having a comic book. Indie arty-farty is not good for Bloodshot. Editors need to put their foot down. Last page is pretty.
Like XO Manowar or Conan The Barbarian? Check out my new graphic novel, DEUS VULT on IndieGoGo now: Deus Vult: http://igg.me/at/deusvult.