Ninjak vs. The Valiant Universe #4 Discussion

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.
Ninjak vs. The Valiant Universe #4 Discussion

Post by grendeljd »

If anyone would like to hear our OTV:VCR podcast discussing/reviewing this issue [& Quantum & Woody (2017) #5], please follow the link;

http://onlythevaliant.com/episodes/vcr161/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks to any who listen in :thumb:
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dallow Spicer1
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa
Re: Ninjak vs. The Valiant Universe #4 Discussion

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

Enjoyed this wrap up issue. Now that the live series is out it’s hard not to use the actors voices when reading the panels. :P

Not a fan of the art but it was passable.

3.75/5

kinggirlfriend
Valiant fan since: 2016
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Wrath
Favorite writer: Venditti
Favorite artist: CAFU
Re: Ninjak vs. The Valiant Universe #4 Discussion

Post by kinggirlfriend »

I was hungry for more Valiant comics and having read everything that's been collected thus far I decided to take the plunge on this series, figuring it would be worth at least the 8 bucks I paid for it.

Boy was I wrong.

I can't help but feel this was the worst thing I've read from VEI. Yes, worse than Dead Drop, worse than Shadowman: End Times and yes, even worse than HW2. The art in all those was better than this. And I've liked Joe Bennett's earlier work but this was just,... not good. Those series at least made me want to turn the page to see what happens next, even in a trainwreck kind of a way. This was just boring and tedious. When this first came out there was a review from the Comics Journal that just ripped this series a new one. We were all pretty livid, myself included. It was very dismissive and asked who this book was supposed to be for. After reading this I have to apologize to the writer of that review, they were 100 percent spot-on. Who was this supposed to be for? As a fan of Valiant I feel like it only made sense because I was familiar with the world. A new reader would probably be at once confused and turned off. The quality is terrible. The story (if you can call it that) was non-existent.

An ugly, gaudy book with a tedious non-story and zero character. This was far beneath VEI's standards, IMO.