Shadowman #3

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Shadowman #3

Post by jmatt »

Jack Boniface: Deadside ping-pong ball. :lol: He sure is getting knocked back and forth a whole lot so far.

I like the issue... but I can't help but have the feeling I'm still waiting for this thing to get going.

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.
Re: Shadowman #3

Post by grendeljd »

If anyone would like to hear our OTV:VCR podcast discussing/reviewing this issue [& XO Manowar [2017] #15], please follow the link;

http://onlythevaliant.com/episodes/vcr165/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks to any who listen in :thumb:
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

otomo
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: 2017
Favorite character: XO Manowar
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite writer: Matt Kindt
Favorite artist: Tomas Giorello

Post by otomo »

Kicked *SQUEE*. I loved the deadside coolness, the Abettor (I forget if I"m spelling that right) development. Shadowman might be surpassing XO as my favorite Valiant book if it keeps going like this. Beautiful art too. Baron Samedi is creeeeeeppy, great job on the characterization there.
Like XO Manowar or Conan The Barbarian? Check out my new graphic novel, DEUS VULT on IndieGoGo now: Deus Vult: http://igg.me/at/deusvult.

Phoenix8008
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by Phoenix8008 »

Very good story & art. I'm loving the continued callbacks to the past (the 2 senior agents showing up and just getting put in their place by Alyssa). And it still feels like this is geared towards uncovering more of the history & mystery of Shadowman in order to solve both Jack's and his loa's issues to allow them to come further together. That path of discovery is what I'm looking forward to having Jack travel. Assuming he's not just staying dead now and the mantle is gonna go to Alyssa somehow or something else.

*Edit* I Just went and looked at the next couple months solicitations, and I see that they are using Jack's 'being dead' to go back in time and do a big dump of the history of the loa and the previous Shadowmen! Just what I was hoping to see more of!
-Phoenix8008 (a.k.a. Charticus!)
Viva la Valiant!
(moderator of r/Valiant subreddit)

Sunlight on Snow
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

This has been a fantastic series thus far. 4.5/5

I would have liked to see more of the Escher-like Gatehouse.

Shadowman99
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Shadowman99 »

Been enjoying this so far. It does kind of feel like it's following the same formula as the opening series did: Jack struggles to control his loa, Alyssa tries to help him, a bad guy comes along and gives Jack a hard time. I'm enjoying the book though so I'm not really bothered by that just at this moment. Master Darque's return was hinted at in issue 1 which gives the series a nice shadow looming over it in the background, but right now I'm enjoying Samedi tormenting Jack so all's well for me. Samedi's a cool character, Jack's got a good look and Alyssa's levelled up since the last series and I think these elements are all cool.

I think Shadowman's 'death' is a plot device to pitch him deeper into whatever it is Samedi's got in store for him. He won't stay 'dead' :)
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t