Bloodshot: Salvation #10 Discussion

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.
Bloodshot: Salvation #10 Discussion

Post by grendeljd »

If anyone would like to hear our OTV:VCR podcast discussing/reviewing this issue, please follow the link;

http://onlythevaliant.com/episodes/vcr167/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks to any who listen in :thumb:
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TheFerg714
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: July 2014
Favorite character: Archer
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Juan Jose Ryp
Re: Bloodshot: Salvation #10 Discussion

Post by TheFerg714 »

Eh, I liked it. I'm a little salty because I can't have more Bloodhound for the last three issues of Lemire's tenure on Bloodshot. :?

nonplayer
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: back in the day xo#9
Favorite character: Momo, xo turok
Favorite title: Wrath of the eternal warrior
Favorite writer: Joshua dysart
Favorite artist: Robert Gill

Post by nonplayer »

Not alot happened in this issue but I think its the best issue in a wile since before the
Blacked out blind issue.
I rate this atleast a 3.75 I guess dogs vocal cords can speak English entertaimos.
I personally think that is Jessie at the end all dusty red nanites. She buried ray and that would explain that whole thing. What ever issue that happend in. :thumb: :thumb:
I Miss the good old days.

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

This arc certainly breaks the mold for this type of character. But I don't mind getting a little out-of-the-box.

When Bloodhound spoke, I stopped, threw my head back and laughed out loud. "Oh, we're going there?!" :lol:

The art was kinda weak in some spots. But I enjoyed it overall.

otomo
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: 2017
Favorite character: XO Manowar
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite writer: Matt Kindt
Favorite artist: Tomas Giorello

Post by otomo »

As someone noted above, just not a lot happened in the issue. I feel like there's a lack of passion in this storyline coming from the writing department. We've had like side issues of a whole villain origin (who hasn't done a whole heck of a lot), we had the no-art issue, and now like a drawn out decompressed resolve. There's too many issues for a 12-issue run which just aren't pushing the story enough.

And I even think Doug Braithwaite's art looks awful in this issue. I'm usually a pretty big fan of his but there were several faces and things like that that just looked off. I don't know if it was the coloring or if it was rushed or both.

This series overall has been a bit of a disappointment.
Like XO Manowar or Conan The Barbarian? Check out my new graphic novel, DEUS VULT on IndieGoGo now: Deus Vult: http://igg.me/at/deusvult.

nonplayer
Valiant fan since: back in the day xo#9
Favorite character: Momo, xo turok
Favorite title: Wrath of the eternal warrior
Favorite writer: Joshua dysart
Favorite artist: Robert Gill

Post by nonplayer »

otomo wrote:As someone noted above, just not a lot happened in the issue. I feel like there's a lack of passion in this storyline coming from the writing department. We've had like side issues of a whole villain origin (who hasn't done a whole heck of a lot), we had the no-art issue, and now like a drawn out decompressed resolve. There's too many issues for a 12-issue run which just aren't pushing the story enough.

And I even think Doug Braithwaite's art looks awful in this issue. I'm usually a pretty big fan of his but there were several faces and things like that that just looked off. I don't know if it was the coloring or if it was rushed or both.

I agree about dissapointment. But that raptor double page was alot of fun
I Miss the good old days.

Dallow Spicer1
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

Good solid issue bringing the title full circle to the first few issues now we’ve learned how Jessie became ‘aged’ and how her and Magic come to be on the run with Omen after them. I think Lemire has done an excellent job with Salvation, never predictable and occasionally experimental (which I applaud).

The only part I didn’t like was Bloodshot’s banter with the dog/Samedi’s agent about the dinosaur. I don’t like when Bloodshot makes smart arse comments, seems out of character. But then I guess he can’t be serious all the time? :?

I’ve enjoyed Lemire’s run on Bloodshot for the most part, I think he’s done a lot to advance the character and I’m looking forward to the final 2 issues.

4/5 :thumb:

Bl00dsh0t
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: Bloodshot #1 (2012)
Favorite character: Ninjak/Woody
Favorite title: Bloodshot/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Bl00dsh0t »

otomo wrote:As someone noted above, just not a lot happened in the issue. I feel like there's a lack of passion in this storyline coming from the writing department. We've had like side issues of a whole villain origin (who hasn't done a whole heck of a lot), we had the no-art issue, and now like a drawn out decompressed resolve. There's too many issues for a 12-issue run which just aren't pushing the story enough.

I tend to agree. I love the idea of Bloodshot heading into the year 4002 and venturing into the Deadside plus I really dig the character origin one-shots (Rampage in #5, Bloodhound in #9). The inclusion of other established characters into this series has worked well too (Ninjak, Shadowman, Bloodshot Squad, Punk Mambo). On paper, this series ticks all the boxes and should be something special. Problem is; the series is ending at #12. There's a lot of material to sustain a longer run, might have something to do with the takeover by DMG and their desire to pimp Bloodshot's PRS days as that would bring the comic closer to the movie rather than the current iteration of Bloodshot who has moved on from the Swierczynski run.

grendeljd
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

Re-read this comic last night. I enjoyed it & thought it was an entertaining issue. Bloodhound being inhabited by the deadside entity was cool, and I enjoyed the fallen New Japan references with the wreckage & the dinosaurs.

I'm very curious to see who the 4002 target is, curious to see future Bloodshot meet up with present-day-Ray, and also looking forward to seeing Rampage in action soon. I very much like this updated version of the character, but he has been doing a lot of standing around doing nothing in recent issues whenever he's made an appearance.

And I still think young Jessie is one of the coolest new characters added to the Bloodshot mythos. Hope she will be around for the long haul in future series.
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bl00dsh0t
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: Bloodshot #1 (2012)
Favorite character: Ninjak/Woody
Favorite title: Bloodshot/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Bl00dsh0t »

grendeljd wrote:Re-read this comic last night. I enjoyed it & thought it was an entertaining issue. Bloodhound being inhabited by the deadside entity was cool, and I enjoyed the fallen New Japan references with the wreckage & the dinosaurs.

I'm very curious to see who the 4002 target is, curious to see future Bloodshot meet up with present-day-Ray, and also looking forward to seeing Rampage in action soon. I very much like this updated version of the character, but he has been doing a lot of standing around doing nothing in recent issues whenever he's made an appearance.

And I still think young Jessie is one of the coolest new characters added to the Bloodshot mythos. Hope she will be around for the long haul in future series.
re: Jessie, I agree, however I don't like our chances of seeing her anytime soon with the next ongoing taking Bloodshot back to his PRS days...