Harbinger Wars II #3 Discussion

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Bl00dsh0t
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: Bloodshot #1 (2012)
Favorite character: Ninjak/Woody
Favorite title: Bloodshot/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain
Re: Harbinger Wars II #3 Discussion

Post by Bl00dsh0t »

DirtbagSailor wrote:Yes, I am still a bit confused about how the historically compassionate and empathetic Livewire, who is risking everything to save the lives a of a few young psiots, somehow is "ok" with potentially devastating humanity with her actions and also with sending in Bloodshot to slaughter many individuals (see also people) on the Loveboat who she likely has a connection to via Unity.

Hell, even if she didn't have a connection, her complicit (direct) role in this level of bloodshed seems to be WAAAAAY out of character for her.
I hope BS has no recollection of these events ala his time in PRS - however I thought the ability to control him was removed?

I 100% agree, I don't get why Livewire would act so out of character, it makes no sense.

Ninjak vs The Valiant Universe is more plausible as being in-continuity than this right now...

agent_graves
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Valiant fan since: Since VEI(Turok #1?)
Favorite character: Divinity/Shadowman/LiveWire
Favorite title: Divinity/Imperium/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Dysart
Favorite artist: Mann/Cafu/De la Torre

Post by agent_graves »

Just keeps getting WORSE!!!!! facepalm :censored:
#StayValiant

Big Red
Valiant fan since: Before the Anni-Padda...
Favorite character: Divinity, X-O, & Bloodshot
Favorite title: Divinity
Favorite artist: Trevor Hairsine

Post by Big Red »

This may be the worst thing that I have read from modern Valiant.

Who are we supposed to be rooting for? Everyone is thoroughly unlikeable, with the possible exception of Ninjak.

I don't want to read about these versions of Livewire, Bloodshot, and Charlie Palmer. All of whom I have really enjoyed in the past.
Favorite books: Black Hammer, Bloodshot, Divinity, Justice League Dark, Marvel Two-In-One, Thor.

Spylocke
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: 1993

Post by Spylocke »

Kind of a tough read for a big H.A.R.D. Corps fan. Palmer seems like a straight up villain now rather than someone pressed into doing morally ambiguous things for either a greater good or to keep his head from exploding. He doesn't even seem like a strong or competent villain. Even Grave Dog never seemed this bad.

I'm really disappointed at how the Corps is now Valiant's version of Hydra. Maybe with more psiots activated there will be a reason to bring back the team but with their sanity in tact.

Big Red
Valiant fan since: Before the Anni-Padda...
Favorite character: Divinity, X-O, & Bloodshot
Favorite title: Divinity
Favorite artist: Trevor Hairsine

Post by Big Red »

Spylocke wrote:Kind of a tough read for a big H.A.R.D. Corps fan. Palmer seems like a straight up villain now rather than someone pressed into doing morally ambiguous things for either a greater good or to keep his head from exploding. He doesn't even seem like a strong or competent villain. Even Grave Dog never seemed this bad.

I'm really disappointed at how the Corps is now Valiant's version of Hydra. Maybe with more psiots activated there will be a reason to bring back the team but with their sanity in tact.
Exactly!

I'm a big H.A.R.D. Corps fan too.

I hate the way that Charlie and the Corps are being portrayed. :cry:
Favorite books: Black Hammer, Bloodshot, Divinity, Justice League Dark, Marvel Two-In-One, Thor.

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

Big Red wrote:
Spylocke wrote:Kind of a tough read for a big H.A.R.D. Corps fan. Palmer seems like a straight up villain now rather than someone pressed into doing morally ambiguous things for either a greater good or to keep his head from exploding. He doesn't even seem like a strong or competent villain. Even Grave Dog never seemed this bad.

Exactly!

I'm a big H.A.R.D. Corps fan too.

I hate the way that Charlie and the Corps are being portrayed. :cry:
BIG +1 to that! :mad:
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;