X-O Manowar [2017] #17 Discussion

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.
X-O Manowar [2017] #17 Discussion

Post by grendeljd »

If anyone would like to hear our OTV:VCR podcast discussing/reviewing this issue [& Harbinger Wars II #3, & Britannia: Lost Eagles Of Rome #1], please follow the link;

http://onlythevaliant.com/episodes/vcr172/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks to any who listen in :thumb:
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Re: X-O Manowar [2017] #17 Discussion

Post by jmatt »

Okay, now this is really starting to feel like a filler arc. The action and art are okay but toward what purpose? Shanhara showing him insights into his persona? Please.

otomo
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: 2017
Favorite character: XO Manowar
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite writer: Matt Kindt
Favorite artist: Tomas Giorello

Post by otomo »

Like the last post said, feels like a filler. There's too much filler across all valiant books to be frank.
Like XO Manowar or Conan The Barbarian? Check out my new graphic novel, DEUS VULT on IndieGoGo now: Deus Vult: http://igg.me/at/deusvult.

markie7235
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box

Post by markie7235 »

otomo wrote:Like the last post said, feels like a filler. There's too much filler across all valiant books to be frank.
Have to agree, the only book that really feels like it's going anywhere or doing anything meaningful currently is Ninja-K, and I don't even really like that series.

Bloodshot Salvation started strong and intriguing, but the last several issues have left me losing interest. It's need to progress to something, and soon.

Shadowman again started off ok, build up a little slow but felt like it was going somewhere and instead took a hard right off into nowhere

X-O feels like it's just trying to find some direction at the moment but floundering

HW2 is....well...I don't know what the hell HW2 is at the moment

Really hoping we get some meaningful story lines with the new Livewire book and very curious about Incursion. As for the other stuff, I may be a minority on this, but I'm really tired of the "let's further explore the past and origin of this character" BS. There's only so many times this can be done before it feels really rote...Like Bloodshot Rising Spirit book coming...What is it possibly going to add? It's like they have no villains to have conflict with so they just keep doing the internal character origin conflict over and over. Harada is doing who knows what, Darque has disappeared for a bit, and that's about all you got for "big bads" in Valiant at the moment. Really need more villains, not to make a cliche comic book, but because comic characters need conflict, and not all internal conflict, to provide character development and motivation also. Not like cliche hero vs Villain stories are hurting Marvel any

jmatt

Post by jmatt »

markie7235 wrote:I'm really tired of the "let's further explore the past and origin of this character" BS. There's only so many times this can be done before it feels really rote...... It's like they have no villains to have conflict with so they just keep doing the internal character origin conflict over and over. ... Really need more villains, not to make a cliche comic book, but because comic characters need conflict, and not all internal conflict, to provide character development and motivation also. Not like cliche hero vs Villain stories are hurting Marvel any
+1

Dallow Spicer1
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

jmatt wrote:Okay, now this is really starting to feel like a filler arc. The action and art are okay but toward what purpose? Shanhara showing him insights into his persona? Please.
Yep, this +1