Britannia: Lost Eagles of Rome #2

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Dallow Spicer1
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa
Britannia: Lost Eagles of Rome #2

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

Grendel usually kicks these off? :?

Anyway, I thought this was an excellent issue. Milligan weaves an interesting story about the hunt for the lost eagles and how this takes Antonius to Egypt. The romantic relationship with Achillia is a slow burn and seems more natural than some of the other clumsy attempts to pair characters up that we’ve seen (eg Shadowman) and this is an engaging part of the story.

Gill’s art on this mini is easily the best and most consistent I’ve seen from him. Was not a fan previously but quality like this has made me a believer. Colours are top notch too which makes for a well rounded book.

Would still like to see it connect to the Valiant U in a more obvious way as at the moment it feels like it could be a book from any indie publisher.

4/5 - Rule Britannia! :thumb:

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.
Re: Britannia: Lost Eagles of Rome #2

Post by grendeljd »

Dallow Spicer1 wrote:Grendel usually kicks these off? :?
Yes, I usually do! Been having an extra busy week. Thanks for kicking off a couple threads in my absence!

If anyone would like to hear our OTV:VCR podcast discussing/reviewing this issue [& Quantum & Woody [2017] #9, & Shadowman [2018] #6], please follow the link;

http://onlythevaliant.com/episodes/vcr176/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks to any who listen in :thumb:
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WrathOfArmstrong
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: April 2017
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Wrath of Eternal Warrior
Favorite writer: Venditte
Favorite artist: Juan Jose Ryp
Re: Britannia: Lost Eagles of Rome #2

Post by WrathOfArmstrong »

A solid read. Well paced, well written, and Gill's art is good. Already crossing fingers for a fourth mini to come next year...

Very refreshing after HW2 #4.