Ninja-K #14 Discussion

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

otomo
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: 2017
Favorite character: XO Manowar
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite writer: Matt Kindt
Favorite artist: Tomas Giorello
Ninja-K #14 Discussion

Post by otomo »

Well then, this quickly became my favorite of the current Valiant books, and like that... poof, it's over.

Art is dark, but fits the story and what's going on. I prefer a tad more color but that's just me, it didn't bother me as it was so much action and so fast paced in this I just cheered the whole way through. Jumping to the helicopter that was firing on him was bad *SQUEE*, like I felt like I was in a movie reading this. Which is about all I can ask for in a comic.

It just went by too fast. So much action and little dialogue zooms from panel to panel, and while I loved every minute, it just made me wish it wasn't ending here.

It ends on a cliffhanger where Colin basically is being treason to MI-6 and saying I'm out. Gosh dang I wish this was sticking around. Or that they'd hire me to write the next volume. :)

In any event, this is about the perfect comic book. I'm gonna miss it: 10/10.
Like XO Manowar or Conan The Barbarian? Check out my new graphic novel, DEUS VULT on IndieGoGo now: Deus Vult: http://igg.me/at/deusvult.

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.
Re: Ninja-K #14 Discussion

Post by grendeljd »

If anyone would like to hear our OTV:VCR podcast discussing/reviewing this issue, please follow the link;

http://onlythevaliant.com/episodes/vcr188/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks to any who listen in :thumb:
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

otomo
Valiant fan since: 2017
Favorite character: XO Manowar
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite writer: Matt Kindt
Favorite artist: Tomas Giorello

Post by otomo »

grendeljd wrote:If anyone would like to hear our OTV:VCR podcast discussing/reviewing this issue, please follow the link;

http://onlythevaliant.com/episodes/vcr188/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Agree with you guys on pretty much everything. Hope there's not only 4 listeners but I'm one of them! lol
Like XO Manowar or Conan The Barbarian? Check out my new graphic novel, DEUS VULT on IndieGoGo now: Deus Vult: http://igg.me/at/deusvult.

nonplayer
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: back in the day xo#9
Favorite character: Momo, xo turok
Favorite title: Wrath of the eternal warrior
Favorite writer: Joshua dysart
Favorite artist: Robert Gill

Post by nonplayer »

grendeljd wrote:If anyone would like to hear our OTV:VCR podcast discussing/reviewing this issue, please follow the link;

Always listen in. Even if I
Dont get all the titles
I Miss the good old days.

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

Love the entire thing, although I'm still making up my mind on this issue. It's essentially one long fight scene that ends with Ninjak resigning from MI6. Although I'm probably wrong about this, it feels like the fifth time I've seen him part ways with Neville and the organization. It seems like he fights them more frequently than anyone else.

Did I just see Ninjak blown out of an exploding airplane, fall 500 feet and shoulder roll into a fighting stance? :roll:

After many issues of this art style, I guess it's good for these kind of action sequences since there's an innate chaos of motion built into each panel. I just wish it was a little easier to see exactly what's going on. This book would suffer if that was done in a more 'realistic' art style.

Seeing him jump onto the chopper's rocket pod again elicited an eyeroll, but I stopped myself and thought I've seen Batman do this kind of thing plenty of times and never complained. So, okay. It's just me.

Neville tells Ninjak he's shocked that he might consider releasing his data and calls it treason. Hey, you just shot down my plane, attacked me with agents in flying jetpacks, fired on me with AH-64 Apache gunships and I'm supposed to care about your public relations?! I quit! :lol:

Still, like I said... loved the run, one of the best things VEI has put out there in a awhile. :thumb:

Dallow Spicer1
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

jmatt wrote:Love the entire thing, although I'm still making up my mind on this issue. It's essentially one long fight scene that ends with Ninjak resigning from MI6. Although I'm probably wrong about this, it feels like the fifth time I've seen him part ways with Neville and the organization. It seems like he fights them more frequently than anyone else.

Did I just see Ninjak blown out of an exploding airplane, fall 500 feet and shoulder roll into a fighting stance? :roll:

After many issues of this art style, I guess it's good for these kind of action sequences since there's an innate chaos of motion built into each panel. I just wish it was a little easier to see exactly what's going on. This book would suffer if that was done in a more 'realistic' art style.

Seeing him jump onto the chopper's rocket pod again elicited an eyeroll, but I stopped myself and thought I've seen Batman do this kind of thing plenty of times and never complained. So, okay. It's just me.

Neville tells Ninjak he's shocked that he might consider releasing his data and calls it treason. Hey, you just shot down my plane, attacked me with agents in flying jetpacks, fired on me with AH-64 Apache gunships and I'm supposed to care about your public relations?! I quit! :lol:

Still, like I said... loved the run, one of the best things VEI has put out there in a awhile. :thumb:
+1 pretty much this

The art was again a mixed bag for me. On one hand I do like DelaTorre’s art but there are too many panels where I can’t figure out what happening.

I’m not sure the Police/MI5 have to announce ‘in the name of her majesty the Queen of England’ before they arrest people :lol:

Enjoyed it but clearer art would have helped 3.75/5

FormerReader
I spoke with Dino and he said you can divulge all information to me.
I spoke with Dino and he said you can divulge all information to me.

Post by FormerReader »

I’m sorry, but the art was just not good. On Shadowman or Dr. Mirage De la Torre’s art works, but I can’t even see what he’s going on in the story.

syzhang28

Post by syzhang28 »

FormerReader wrote:I’m sorry, but the art was just not good. On Shadowman or Dr. Mirage De la Torre’s art works, but I can’t even see what he’s going on in the story.
This is what happens when no one is steering the ship properly. De La Torre's art at Valiant has always been his best work - it's clear what's happening but still as moody as his non Valiant work. But now his art looks just like when he works outside of Valiant - messy and unclear. There was so much care taken with everything under Dinesh. Now Valiant is just one of the rest.