ValiantFans.com Board - Since 2004

Message Board Top Level | Main Website | Price Guide | Book Release History | Official Calendar |
It is currently Jan 22, 2019 7:04:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:23:39 am 
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:51:43 am
Posts: 7446
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
If anyone would like to hear our OTV:VCR podcast discussing/reviewing this issue [& Bloodshot: PRS #2, & Livewire #1], please follow the link;

http://onlythevaliant.com/episodes/vcr190/

Thanks to any who listen in :thumb:

_________________
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream


Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Google+
Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:04:35 pm 
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.

Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:16:04 pm
Posts: 1881
Location: out for lunch
Valiant fan since: back in the day xo#9
Favorite character: Momo
Favorite title: Divinity, savage,
Favorite writer: Joshua dysart
Favorite artist: Robert Gill
The start of this issue had me doubting the validity of the rrst of the book.
A metor falls from the sky ok I get that. It falls from the sky and impacts like we saw last issue. Ok fine makes sence.
Then the first page there is a crater and everyone is in it and aric is struggeling. ... wait so it hit the earth created a explosion everyone climbed in the hole.
So Aric stopped a falling metor and holding it is an issue.
And He does it with out a helmet.

Where is gin-gr? Did I miss something?

I call mcguffin taimos 2 out of 5. The art was not my cuppa tea.

_________________
I Miss Dinesh


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:00:14 am 
Personal shoe-shopper for Atom!
Personal shoe-shopper for Atom!

Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:04:27 pm
Posts: 294
Valiant fan since: 2017
Favorite character: XO Manowar
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite writer: Matt Kindt
Favorite artist: Tomas Giorello
Aliens do their thing, go away, everything's kinda fixed but another threat's coming. I didn't care that much, I don't love this art style (SO EXCITED FOR NEXT ISSUE), I liked the development of Lady Brigadier General though, made the issue worth reading.

Also... Aric isn't talking like Aric anymore, he's just talking like a normal person. Editorial oversights folk. How can I get hired to do this? @.@

7/10

_________________
My super-successfully crowdfunded debut comic, Flying Sparks: https://www.amazon.com/Flying-Sparks-Jon-Del-Arroz/dp/9527303419 is now up on Amazon! The story of a hero and villain dating under their secret identities. Worlds collide!


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:22:48 pm 
Personal shoe-shopper for Atom!
Personal shoe-shopper for Atom!
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:45:19 am
Posts: 304
There was no way everyone would have survived the impact of an asteroid from space....Aric I can buy...but that's like the force of a couple atomic bombs going off. It was really dumb the way it was presented, like Aric caught it midair but it somehow caused a huge impact crater anyways. I can't wait for the next arc but this one was silly.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:15:37 pm 
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:41:10 pm
Posts: 10555
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA!
nonplayer wrote:
And He does it with out a helmet.


I thought the same thing. The meteor plot device is preposterous, especially given the huge explosion we saw it cause and the end of the last issue.

The rest of the issue was okay, I suppose.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:18:37 pm 
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:19:05 am
Posts: 1461
Location: United Kingdom
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa
This arc was a chore to read, glad it’s over. I think it’s time for a fresh writer on XO.

I like Ryp’s art,...but not on XO! It does not seem a good fit for some reason. :? I will say this though, compare the detail he puts in the backgrounds compared to virtually no background work in the Bloodshot Rising Spirit book, Ryp should get paid twice what the other guy gets!

2.75/5 wasted arc


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:45:14 pm 
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:41:10 pm
Posts: 10555
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA!
Dallow Spicer1 wrote:
I like Ryp’s art,...but not on XO! It does not seem a good fit for some reason.


I thought the same thing. I love his work, but it doesn't seem right for this book.

And +1 on the background comment.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:21:54 pm 
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:02:29 pm
Posts: 2900
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Dallow Spicer1 wrote:
This arc was a chore to read, glad it’s over. I think it’s time for a fresh writer on XO.

I like Ryp’s art,...but not on XO! It does not seem a good fit for some reason. :? I will say this though, compare the detail he puts in the backgrounds compared to virtually no background work in the Bloodshot Rising Spirit book, Ryp should get paid twice what the other guy gets!

2.75/5 wasted arc


I think I can look at the entire Kindt XO story and say it was a mistake, he's ruining it just like he ruined Harbinger Wars.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:51:38 pm 
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:19:05 am
Posts: 1461
Location: United Kingdom
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa
hawkeyeps wrote:
Dallow Spicer1 wrote:
This arc was a chore to read, glad it’s over. I think it’s time for a fresh writer on XO.

I like Ryp’s art,...but not on XO! It does not seem a good fit for some reason. :? I will say this though, compare the detail he puts in the backgrounds compared to virtually no background work in the Bloodshot Rising Spirit book, Ryp should get paid twice what the other guy gets!

2.75/5 wasted arc


I think I can look at the entire Kindt XO story and say it was a mistake, he's ruining it just like he ruined Harbinger Wars.

I think with Kindt you get a double edged sword. He creates loads of characters which can be used for years to come by other writers...however he doesn’t always stick the landing (to use an OTV phrase). I thought the first arc or so was decent but not lately. Let’s have a change of writers without a restart of numbering ! :hope:


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:07:27 pm 
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:03:41 pm
Posts: 2095
Location: Tacoma
Valiant fan since: ECCC April 2016
Favorite character: Bloodshot/Ninjak/Divinity
Favorite title: Divinity/BS Reborn/Britannia
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Roberts
Favorite artist: All of them, really
besides some of the obvious flaws, did anyone else notice the breakdown/failing of the X-O Suit? No helmet, no right hand (regarding the armor), the suit mentioned problems with the energy, and it couldn't control it, it also mentioned something like it was being invaded. I'm going to have to go back and specifically focus on what the X-O Suit is going through, but with the upcoming arc regarding the bounty hunters, Aric could be facing them with no suit again.

That, and the suit could bond with the unknown....

_________________
Moose


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:31:01 am 
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.

Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:16:04 pm
Posts: 1881
Location: out for lunch
Valiant fan since: back in the day xo#9
Favorite character: Momo
Favorite title: Divinity, savage,
Favorite writer: Joshua dysart
Favorite artist: Robert Gill
TheeBaldMoose wrote:
besides some of the obvious flaws, did anyone else notice the breakdown/failing of the X-O Suit? No helmet, no right hand (regarding the armor), the suit mentioned problems with the energy, and it couldn't control it, it also mentioned something like it was being invaded. I'm going to have to go back and specifically focus on what the X-O Suit is going through, but with the upcoming arc regarding the bounty hunters, Aric could be facing them with no suit again.

That, and the suit could bond with the unknown....

Nice pick up. But I dont think the theory holds water. I saw
The helmet started to repair itself.

_________________
I Miss Dinesh


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group