Psi-Lords #7 Discussion

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

mateo107
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Obadiah Archer
Favorite title: Archer and Armstrong
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Doug Braithwaite
Psi-Lords #7 Discussion

Post by mateo107 »

X-O Manowar actually appears in a Valiant book! He doesn't really do much, Capshaw just advises him to save himself and get off of earth before the vampire star collides with the planet.

Finally, if we're going to get D-list books we should at least get A-list guest stars every now and then. I guess I'll follow it through to the final issue and then see if I can make sense of the story.

https://majorspoilers.com/2019/12/03/pr ... i-lords-7/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hawkeyeps
Everybody gets some "little extras"
Everybody gets some "little extras"
Re: Psi-Lords #7 Discussion

Post by hawkeyeps »

mateo107 wrote:X-O Manowar actually appears in a Valiant book! He doesn't really do much, Capshaw just advises him to save himself and get off of earth before the vampire star collides with the planet.

Finally, if we're going to get D-list books we should at least get A-list guest stars every now and then. I guess I'll follow it through to the final issue and then see if I can make sense of the story.

https://majorspoilers.com/2019/12/03/pr ... i-lords-7/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You won't have to wait long, #8 is the final issue.

Will this 12 issue series cut off at 8 suddenly make sense and be good...I doubt it.

I knew this was garbage from day one and said so, and now here we are.

The problem is Valiant doesn't listen to or care about the fans anymore and crap like this will continue to happen, fortunately I won't be around to see it.

SwiftMann
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: 1994
Favorite character: Solar
Favorite title: 90s Shadowman

Post by SwiftMann »

Completely out of character versions of X-O and Capshaw, but, yeah, I guess having any connection was good.

The writing and art continue to be disconnected and the story is so slapdash it's hard to follow one page to the next.
"If you think any of these [older comics/shows/movies] do not carry a political content and is not using the medium of science fiction to explore real-world ideas, than you have not been paying attention." - Dan Abnett, VCR #246

DirtbagSailor
I only know how to fish, f^%k, fight, and throw rocks
I only know how to fish, f^%k, fight, and throw rocks
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Harada
Favorite title: Imperium

Post by DirtbagSailor »

Yup, we talk about XO, Capshaw, and all things Astro Friends this week! :lol:

http://onlythevaliant.com/episodes/vcr231/