Notes re: Kindt's run on X-O Manowar

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

hawkeyeps
Everybody gets some "little extras"
Everybody gets some "little extras"
Re: Notes re: Kindt's run on X-O Manowar

Post by hawkeyeps »

jmatt wrote:22) Opens with a ridiculous shot: Aric holding up this meteorite from crushing his comrades *without* his helmet. To say nothing of the columnar explosion was saw at the close of last issue. / Atom and the Cops (now called Titan Patrol) blow it up, they are free / The groups rumble again, just as Aric is about to kill Camp, Capshaw orders him to stop because the media is watching (really?!) / TP loads up the characters from the Unknown and depart, Capshaw has stolen Atom's craft / We see Capshaw and Sabbas, who apparently foretold how this would go / Camp and crew in Unknown detention camp, says he's right where he wants to be / Capshaw now heads BOB, which replaces the Loveboat / Something is inbound to Italy, where Aric is
See what I mean? How is this not laughably bad? :?

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Re: Notes re: Kindt's run on X-O Manowar

Post by jmatt »

hawkeyeps wrote:See what I mean? How is this not laughably bad? :?
I guess we differ in that I don't let a visual nitpick or two ruin the whole thing for me. I know you tend to be more of a 'strict canonist' with regard to such. In my head, I just chalk some of it up to poorly chosen artistic license: Aric could have had his helmet on; perhaps the explosion seen at the end of last issue was overly dramatized; etc.

Not that either of us is right or wrong, we're both free to have our own standard of expectations.

That said, yeah, this issue had more than usual... especially "the media is watching" bit. That was legitimately weak, and I am harder on plot silliness than I am visual nitpicks. They could easily have said "You can't kill him! Headquarters wants him for questioning!" and that would have made sense.