Livewire #8 Discussion

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

DirtbagSailor
I only know how to fish, f^%k, fight, and throw rocks
I only know how to fish, f^%k, fight, and throw rocks
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Harada
Favorite title: Imperium
Livewire #8 Discussion

Post by DirtbagSailor »

The absolute BEST Livewire nutshell — EVER!

Do not miss our! :thumb:

http://onlythevaliant.com/episodes/vcr214/

Dallow Spicer1
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa
Re: Livewire #8 Discussion

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

This book isn’t bad like Bloodshot Rising Spirit, it’s just a bit boring and forgettable. The fight with Jada seems to have dragged on for issues now, I can’t even remember (or be bothered to go back ) if she is a psiot and that’s why she can go toe to toe with Livewire. If she is her only discernible power seems to be rear naked chokes! :P

Really didn’t like Jada getting impaled through the chest and still managing to get one last quip out with her dying breath...”slick move “ facepalm

Wasn’t keen that Livewire re-purposed the thing in her brain so that anti psiot tech doesn’t work against her, that removes a plot point for future writers and seems unnecessary. Last third of the book (after the fighting)got more interesting as the little girl went her own way and Livewire back to the drawing board.

3/5 - hope fully it ends at #12, sales and strength of story don’t warrant this book going so long

agent_graves
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Valiant fan since: Since VEI(Turok #1?)
Favorite character: Divinity/Shadowman/LiveWire
Favorite title: Divinity/Imperium/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Dysart
Favorite artist: Mann/Cafu/De la Torre

Post by agent_graves »

Read #7 & #8 tonight, so I’m caught up. I like it, but I’m not sure what Amanda accomplished besides getting her *SQUEE* beat throughout this whole arc. I understand having to knock a character down to build them back up but geez, even Phoebe kicked her *SQUEE*. And in the end, that little girl is still out there without a family. I thought she’d be a new member of Secret Weapons, not homeless. facepalm
#StayValiant

SwiftMann
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: 1994
Favorite character: Solar
Favorite title: 90s Shadowman

Post by SwiftMann »

At least this issue actually moves the plot forward, unlike the previous 5 or 6 issues.

Ridiculous part is this just seems like some journey they decided Amanda needed to go through to get where this series should have started - fixing her mistake and (maybe) working with the Secret Weapon kids.

End result... More awesome Kano art wasted.
"If you think any of these [older comics/shows/movies] do not carry a political content and is not using the medium of science fiction to explore real-world ideas, than you have not been paying attention." - Dan Abnett, VCR #246