ValiantFans.com Board - Since 2004

Message Board Top Level | Main Website | Price Guide | Book Release History | Official Calendar |
It is currently Nov 22, 2019 6:32:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Livewire #9 Discussion
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:05:03 am 
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:51:43 am
Posts: 7667
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
New OTV:VCR podcast discussing/reviewing this issue [& PSI-Lords #3];

http://onlythevaliant.com/episodes/vcr218/

Thanks to any who listen in :thumb:

_________________
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream


Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Google+
Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:49:43 pm 
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:03:41 pm
Posts: 2318
Location: Tacoma
Valiant fan since: ECCC April 2016
Favorite character: Bloodshot/Ninjak/Divinity
Favorite title: Divinity/BS Reborn/Britannia
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Roberts
Favorite artist: All of them, really
enjoyed the show, agreed with the show.

Ninjak#14 (last comic) 5400 sold per comichron
Shadowman #11 (last comic) 5500 sold per comichron

Livewire #8 4450 sold per coimichron


While Chris stated the reason Ninjak and Shadowman were canceled due to sales, remember when they announced the end of the books, 3 months prior

Aug 2018

Ninja K #10 6400 sold per comichron
Shadowman #6 6400 sold per comichron

These are not numbers that would qualify as "time to shut these books down due to low sales". I think it's time to look elsewhere for a reason for these books to end. Maybe look to who the lead editor was during that time, Illedge.

_________________
Moose


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:17:14 pm 
Harbinger rank: Nensei
Harbinger rank: Nensei
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:27:04 pm
Posts: 97
Location: SEATTLE
Valiant fan since: XO 90's Zero issue
Favorite character: Pete
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: LaRosa and Mico
This one was painful. :?


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:17:04 pm 
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:19:05 am
Posts: 1764
Location: United Kingdom
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa
grendeljd wrote:
New OTV:VCR podcast discussing/reviewing this issue [& PSI-Lords #3];

http://onlythevaliant.com/episodes/vcr218/

Thanks to any who listen in :thumb:


5/5 for the podcast. Chris and DBS hit the nail on the head with the assessment of VEI under the current management, but is anyone from Valiant bothering to listen to hard core fans? :?

Livewire #9 was a tedious story, politician goes after after Psiots, undocumented people (yawn) and the mentally ill!?! :o Whaat?! But there’s no politically biased agenda in these books (where’s KJ when you need him?)

Dont know what was happening in the first few pages, did Livewire turn the security guards into replicas of herself somehow? facepalm

Art was not up to scratch, another one of Antos’ clique perhaps?

1/5 - not good, not good at all


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:29:52 pm 
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:51:43 am
Posts: 7667
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Dallow Spicer1 wrote:
grendeljd wrote:
New OTV:VCR podcast discussing/reviewing this issue [& PSI-Lords #3];

http://onlythevaliant.com/episodes/vcr218/

Thanks to any who listen in :thumb:


5/5 for the podcast. Chris and DBS hit the nail on the head with the assessment of VEI under the current management, but is anyone from Valiant bothering to listen to hard core fans? :?

Livewire #9 was a tedious story, politician goes after after Psiots, undocumented people (yawn) and the mentally ill!?! :o Whaat?! But there’s no politically biased agenda in these books (where’s KJ when you need him?)

Dont know what was happening in the first few pages, did Livewire turn the security guards into replicas of herself somehow? facepalm

Art was not up to scratch, another one of Antos’ clique perhaps?

1/5 - not good, not good at all


I figured you'd be triggered by this issue :lol:

_________________
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:36:37 pm 
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:51:43 am
Posts: 7667
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
WhoDoo wrote:
This one was painful. :?

Wholly agree. Unfortunately, this is actually an example of some heavy-handed, clumsy political themes poorly inserted into an entertainment comic - unlike most of the stuff that seems to be triggering Dallow Spicer lately. A total slog of an issue to read - nothing enjoyable about it at all. Art was equally atrocious - & I really don't like to be so negative about comic art, but it has to be said here.

_________________
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:40:19 am 
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:19:05 am
Posts: 1764
Location: United Kingdom
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa
grendeljd wrote:
Dallow Spicer1 wrote:
grendeljd wrote:
New OTV:VCR podcast discussing/reviewing this issue [& PSI-Lords #3];

http://onlythevaliant.com/episodes/vcr218/

Thanks to any who listen in :thumb:


5/5 for the podcast. Chris and DBS hit the nail on the head with the assessment of VEI under the current management, but is anyone from Valiant bothering to listen to hard core fans? :?

Livewire #9 was a tedious story, politician goes after after Psiots, undocumented people (yawn) and the mentally ill!?! :o Whaat?! But there’s no politically biased agenda in these books (where’s KJ when you need him?)

Dont know what was happening in the first few pages, did Livewire turn the security guards into replicas of herself somehow? facepalm

Art was not up to scratch, another one of Antos’ clique perhaps?

1/5 - not good, not good at all


I figured you'd be triggered by this issue :lol:


‘Triggered’ :lol: Stop being so woke Grendel :kidaround: :P And get your Canadian arse back on the podcast you’ve been slacking for too long :thumb:


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:49:27 pm 
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:39:27 am
Posts: 22089
Location: Indoors
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character
Dallow Spicer1 wrote:
Dont know what was happening in the first few pages, did Livewire turn the security guards into replicas of herself somehow? facepalm

They weren't security guards. They were the "personas" of security software. She Smith'd 'em.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8GGwgI2vGU


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:56:57 pm 
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:19:05 am
Posts: 1764
Location: United Kingdom
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa
greg wrote:
Dallow Spicer1 wrote:
Dont know what was happening in the first few pages, did Livewire turn the security guards into replicas of herself somehow? facepalm

They weren't security guards. They were the "personas" of security software. She Smith'd 'em.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8GGwgI2vGU

Ahh I see. Thanks for clearing that up :thumb:


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:22:34 am 
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:51:43 am
Posts: 7667
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Dallow Spicer1 wrote:
grendeljd wrote:
Dallow Spicer1 wrote:
grendeljd wrote:
New OTV:VCR podcast discussing/reviewing this issue [& PSI-Lords #3];

http://onlythevaliant.com/episodes/vcr218/

Thanks to any who listen in :thumb:


5/5 for the podcast. Chris and DBS hit the nail on the head with the assessment of VEI under the current management, but is anyone from Valiant bothering to listen to hard core fans? :?

Livewire #9 was a tedious story, politician goes after after Psiots, undocumented people (yawn) and the mentally ill!?! :o Whaat?! But there’s no politically biased agenda in these books (where’s KJ when you need him?)

Dont know what was happening in the first few pages, did Livewire turn the security guards into replicas of herself somehow? facepalm

Art was not up to scratch, another one of Antos’ clique perhaps?

1/5 - not good, not good at all


I figured you'd be triggered by this issue :lol:


‘Triggered’ :lol: Stop being so woke Grendel :kidaround: :P And get your Canadian arse back on the podcast you’ve been slacking for too long :thumb:


Ohhhhh, I’m woke AF! :P :lol:

I had not planned on being away from the show for so long, but life keeps happening while I’m busy making plans... :D

_________________
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:50:53 pm 
Harbinger rank: Aonisaibushi
Harbinger rank: Aonisaibushi

Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:09:42 pm
Posts: 198
Location: PA
Valiant fan since: 1994
Favorite character: Solar
Favorite title: 90s Shadowman
Words fail me to review this amateur-hour attempt at an X-Men Animated episode.


Although opening with more hand-to-hand combat made me laugh in disbelief.

_________________
"What kind of name is Unity for a superhero team anyway? They deserve to die for that alone." - Bloodsquirt, Bloodshot Reborn #5


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:57:56 am 
Harbinger rank: Aonisaibushi
Harbinger rank: Aonisaibushi

Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:09:42 pm
Posts: 198
Location: PA
Valiant fan since: 1994
Favorite character: Solar
Favorite title: 90s Shadowman
I'm a pretty die-hard liberal. To the point that I see out-of-context dog-whistles from certain people all over this board. And I cringe when certain folks claim there's "agendas" by writers in comics as if comics have not (generally speaking) been the outlet for inclusion, open-mindedness, and historical liberalism for 40 years.

That said, there's nothing in this book or Psi-Lords #3 that is appealing to this liberal. Garbage, ham-fisted, predictable writing is still just that. And even if the writers and/or editors were solely putting out comics that fit their agenda (they aren't), there is no audience for THIS version of that.

This is just terrible execution of a badly plotted story from a parent company that I'm truly beginning to think sees comics as the gutters of entertainment media based on what they've delivered the last few months.

_________________
"What kind of name is Unity for a superhero team anyway? They deserve to die for that alone." - Bloodsquirt, Bloodshot Reborn #5


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:38:56 pm 
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:34:56 pm
Posts: 1586
Location: North Carolina
Valiant fan since: Since VEI(Turok #1?)
Favorite character: Divinity/Shadowman/LiveWire
Favorite title: Divinity/Imperium/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Dysart
Favorite artist: Mann/Cafu/De la Torre
I’m not sure how we got here. But here we’re.. :cry: :cry:

I wanted a LiveWire ongoing so bad during Unity! This is not what I imagined! facepalm

_________________
#StayValiant


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group