Killers #2 Discussion

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.
Killers #2 Discussion

Post by grendeljd »

New OTV:VCR podcast discussing/reviewing this issue [& Dr. Mirage [2019] #1];

http://onlythevaliant.com/episodes/vcr219/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks to any who listen in :thumb:
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SwiftMann
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: 1994
Favorite character: Solar
Favorite title: 90s Shadowman
Re: Killers #2 Discussion

Post by SwiftMann »

Pretty much with VCR on this one. It was alright. I think I enjoy moments of the issue more than the issue or story as a whole.
"If you think any of these [older comics/shows/movies] do not carry a political content and is not using the medium of science fiction to explore real-world ideas, than you have not been paying attention." - Dan Abnett, VCR #246

agent_graves
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Valiant fan since: Since VEI(Turok #1?)
Favorite character: Divinity/Shadowman/LiveWire
Favorite title: Divinity/Imperium/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Dysart
Favorite artist: Mann/Cafu/De la Torre

Post by agent_graves »

I enjoyed it! The art is great and the plot is moving along nicely! Only gripe at this point would be no Ninja•K.... Ninja•K was definitely a part of the marketing and early promotion for this book! So far, he’s a no show, but it’s still early. :thumb:
#StayValiant

Bl00dsh0t
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: Bloodshot #1 (2012)
Favorite character: Ninjak/Woody
Favorite title: Bloodshot/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Bl00dsh0t »

I'm loving this series so far. The continuity is on point and the action is what I want from a Ninjak/Ninjak-themed book.

Went back and re-read Ninja-K #4 for Ninja-G origin which added a little more depth to the story. Starting to feel like Valiant is getting back on track :thumb:

Dallow Spicer1
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

Just so so for me this series and mediocre is no longer good enough as Valiant has been so poor since the new editorial came in. But, I’d optimistically pre-ordered the series for the Whilce Portscio covers so here I am.

I think it’s a misstep to make the ninja’s (including Ninjak) mystically powered, basically psiots, and it’s lazy writing. Too many characters in Valiant U have the ability ‘de-age’ so again this seems lazy writing to have yet another character have this ability. It’s not a bad book by any means but it’s needs to improve in the final 3 issues otherwise it will join War Mother, Forgotten Queen, Gen Zero, Psi Lords, Livewire etc as instantly forgettable.

Art was probably the best thing about the book.

3/5