ENIAC #3

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Sunlight on Snow
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
ENIAC #3

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

I've just received my 3 copies of ENIAC this Friday.

This is more like it! :thumb:

Absolute amazing story thus far.

That robot design reminded me of FFF and the Do-Bot/Evil Robot though. :lol:

syzhang28
Re: ENIAC #3

Post by syzhang28 »

Can't wait for the final issue. Loving the series and the VEI vibes

Dallow Spicer1
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

Another great issue, Kindt keeping a great pace with the story. Loved the twist on the last page, does Eniac already know the plan?? Roll on the conclusion!

2 observations from the ‘undisclosed location in the UK’. As a UK based artist Doug Braithwaite should know this already but -

1. The jeep was left hand drive, that’s crazy talk !?! :?
2. Those soldiers couldn’t be British as being circumcised isn’t a thing here :lol:

Hero Trade back story by Kindt and Lapham was very enjoyable too. Always a weird sting the the tail with Hero Trade, a cult classic in the making!

4.5/5 - total recommend

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

Dallow Spicer1 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:02:38 am Another great issue, Kindt keeping a great pace with the story. Loved the twist on the last page, does Eniac already know the plan?? Roll on the conclusion!

2 observations from the ‘undisclosed location in the UK’. As a UK based artist Doug Braithwaite should know this already but -

2. Those soldiers couldn’t be British as being circumcised isn’t a thing here :lol:

Hero Trade back story by Kindt and Lapham was very enjoyable too. Always a weird sting the the tail with Hero Trade, a cult classic in the making!

4.5/5 - total recommend
Maybe they are all British Jews.

Dallow Spicer1

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

Chiclo wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:08:34 pm
Dallow Spicer1 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:02:38 am Another great issue, Kindt keeping a great pace with the story. Loved the twist on the last page, does Eniac already know the plan?? Roll on the conclusion!

4.5/5 - total recommend
Maybe they are all British Jews.
:lol: maybe

Sunlight on Snow

Dallow Spicer1 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:02:38 am 2 observations from the ‘undisclosed location in the UK’. As a UK based artist Doug Braithwaite should know this already but -

I've been to the UK in a LHD car....and you can find scrapped jeeps from the US Army everywhere, even in the UK. I was a bit irritated, too, but it's not impossible. It's just a weird choice here. The circumcisions probably indicate those men could be from everywhere; most likely former US Army anyway.

What I find way more irritating is sending pigeons after the Secretary of Defensew who's that paranoid American guy from the beginning of the first issue. I seriously doubt any pigeon would make it from the UK to the US in just a few hours. Ireland to Newfoundland--the shortest distance--is more than 3000 km. Any pigeon would need to catch some serious tailwind. Probably impossible...even for the most badass WWII-trained super pigeon. But maybe the Secretary is hiding in Camelot?!?

Dallow Spicer1

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

Sunlight on Snow wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 4:45:57 am
Dallow Spicer1 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:02:38 am 2 observations from the ‘undisclosed location in the UK’. As a UK based artist Doug Braithwaite should know this already but -

I've been to the UK in a LHD car....and you can find scrapped jeeps from the US Army everywhere, even in the UK. I was a bit irritated, too, but it's not impossible. It's just a weird choice here. The circumcisions probably indicate those men could be from everywhere; most likely former US Army anyway.

What I find way more irritating is sending pigeons after the Secretary of Defensew who's that paranoid American guy from the beginning of the first issue. I seriously doubt any pigeon would make it from the UK to the US in just a few hours. Ireland to Newfoundland--the shortest distance--is more than 3000 km. Any pigeon would need to catch some serious tailwind. Probably impossible...even for the most badass WWII-trained super pigeon. But maybe the Secretary is hiding in Camelot?!?
Based on the Countdown clock that occasionally appears I think the soldiers has enough time to fly in from the US, especially of the pidgeon had to get there first. I just assumed the pidgeon was flying to somewhere closer to the UK, maybe even another location within the UK?

Sunlight on Snow

Dallow Spicer1 wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 5:30:42 am

Based on the Countdown clock that occasionally appears I think the soldiers has enough time to fly in from the US, especially of the pidgeon had to get there first. I just assumed the pidgeon was flying to somewhere closer to the UK, maybe even another location within the UK?
Exactly, it takes almost 39 hours off the clock! It makes no sense.

The pigeon is used so they wouldn't need electronic devices to contact the secretary. If the secretary was located in Europe and the mercenaries flew in from the US, how did he contact them? If the secretary and the mercenaries were both located in Europe, why did it take that long? Why would they want to waste so much time? This suggests the pigeon actually flew all the way across the ocean. It would be tight schedule and the bird needed some serious tailwind. However, 3000 km (~2000 miles) is just a little bit too much for any real life homing pigeon. Like I said, it's just a little bit irritating. It's hilarious nonetheless. Of course, the entire story is weird and hilarious. It's the same type of crazy that is Tankers.

In a way, the homing pigeon is ENIAC's time travel. :lol:

Dallow Spicer1

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

Sunlight on Snow wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 8:03:13 am
Dallow Spicer1 wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 5:30:42 am

Exactly, it takes almost 39 hours off the clock! It makes no sense.

The pigeon is used so they wouldn't need electronic devices to contact the secretary. If the secretary was located in Europe and the mercenaries flew in from the US, how did he contact them? If the secretary and the mercenaries were both located in Europe, why did it take that long? Why would they want to waste so much time? This suggests the pigeon actually flew all the way across the ocean. It would be tight schedule and the bird needed some serious tailwind. However, 3000 km (~2000 miles) is just a little bit too much for any real life homing pigeon. Like I said, it's just a little bit irritating. It's hilarious nonetheless. Of course, the entire story is weird and hilarious. It's the same type of crazy that is Tankers.

In a way, the homing pigeon is ENIAC's time travel. :lol:
Still a great issue though :thumb: