XO ManOwar #7 2021

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

nonplayer
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: back in the day xo#9
Favorite character: Momo, xo turok
Favorite title: Wrath of the eternal warrior
Favorite writer: Joshua dysart
Favorite artist: Robert Gill
XO ManOwar #7 2021

Post by nonplayer »

I thought this was a decent issue.
Story does a full turn. Pretty much what I though about the rich guy.
Art was a little confusing what was going on. I think more bubbles explanation should be used.
Or back story pages. I won't get into specifics because I don't wan a ruin it for anyone.

I need to re read the whole run to really understand what's going on here. But this latest issue has been the best for me so far.
My entertamos rating is a 3 out of 5 I would have done a 4 but it doesn't come close to other issues I've rated at a 4
There is lots going on and I just don't understand what is really going on.
I Miss the good old days.

nonplayer
Valiant fan since: back in the day xo#9
Favorite character: Momo, xo turok
Favorite title: Wrath of the eternal warrior
Favorite writer: Joshua dysart
Favorite artist: Robert Gill
Re: XO ManOwar #7 2021

Post by nonplayer »

I'd also like to point out this is the first valiant comic I have enjoyed in quite a while.
I'd love to hear what the fan base thought of this comic.
I Miss the good old days.

SwiftMann
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: 1994
Favorite character: Solar
Favorite title: 90s Shadowman

Post by SwiftMann »

What I noted on another site when it came out...

The plot doesn't make much sense (other than the obvious reveal at the end), but at least it was readable this month.
"If you think any of these [older comics/shows/movies] do not carry a political content and is not using the medium of science fiction to explore real-world ideas, than you have not been paying attention." - Dan Abnett, VCR #246

cthulhu73
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Peter Stanchek
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Not sure

Post by cthulhu73 »

nonplayer wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:24:59 pm I thought this was a decent issue.
Art was a little confusing what was going on. I think more bubbles explanation should be used.
Or back story pages. I won't get into specifics because I don't wan a ruin it for anyone.

I need to re read the whole run to really understand what's going on here. But this latest issue has been the best for me so far.
My entertamos rating is a 3 out of 5 I would have done a 4 but it doesn't come close to other issues I've rated at a 4
Agreed, better.

Dallow Spicer1
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

nonplayer wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:24:59 pm I thought this was a decent issue.

I couldn’t disagree more! This was more cluttered garbage from a less than average writer, and I thought there were TOO MANY word balloons. You couldn’t follow what was going on or who was saying what?

What is the purpose of having the woman and kid in this series? What does it bring to the story? Is the interaction between the kid and Shanhara (Shan?!) supposed to be humorous??

Anyway, onto the plot…Aric fights this nanite blob thing, the armour is infected and keeps cutting out, that end up in Paris for some reason and the Tony stark rip off character does the heel turn at the end and apparently steals the character. Dispersed within this nonsense is the kid doing his algebra homework so we know that although they live in the Bronx or wherever they’re still hard working people. Oookay :?

The good thing about Hallum’s run is that the relaunch in November can’t possible be worse.

2/5 - mostly for the art

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

Dallow Spicer1 wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:49:19 am The good thing about Hallum’s run is that the relaunch in November can’t possible be worse.
Fact check - FALSE! It can always get worse!

It is unlikely to be worse but not impossible. I hope these are just the last dregs of a bunch of creators that don’t really care fulfilling contractual obligations to an editor with pretty severe short-timer syndrome, ready to move on to the next job and let the next guy try to straighten out the increasingly rubbish output. But I am still hopeful that the new guy cares and wants to turn things around.

Dallow Spicer1
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

Chiclo wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:00:58 pm
Dallow Spicer1 wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:49:19 am The good thing about Hallum’s run is that the relaunch in November can’t possible be worse.
Fact check - FALSE! It can always get worse!

It is unlikely to be worse but not impossible. I hope these are just the last dregs of a bunch of creators that don’t really care fulfilling contractual obligations to an editor with pretty severe short-timer syndrome, ready to move on to the next job and let the next guy try to straighten out the increasingly rubbish output. But I am still hopeful that the new guy cares and wants to turn things around.
Ha ha you caught me posting disinformation Chiclo :lol: , it can be worse (see DMG both Bloodshot series as exhibits #1 and #2). We just have to hope the new guy isn’t on a kamikaze mission to end the company!