Odinn's Eye

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

X-1ManofWar
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
Valiant fan since: 2017
Favorite character: Harbinger
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: Khari Evans
Odinn's Eye

Post by X-1ManofWar »

Seems like this is pretty hot this week. Anyone read it? Is it any good?

nycjadie
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.
Re: Odinn's Eye

Post by nycjadie »

I like it a lot. It's pretty amazing. The artwork is what you would expect.

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

I just picked up my copy yesterday, haven’t had a chance to read it yet but very much looking forward to doing so.
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dallow Spicer1
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

Waiting with anticipation to get my copy! Bit nervous that I’ve had confirmation of getting issues 2-5 but not issue 1 :|

nonplayer
Valiant fan since: back in the day xo#9
Favorite character: Momo, xo turok
Favorite title: Wrath of the eternal warrior
Favorite writer: Joshua dysart
Favorite artist: Robert Gill

Post by nonplayer »

Waiting in anticipation to hear a real report on how this story was.
I Miss the good old days.

mrwoogieman
All this talk of 'snipping' is making me keep my legs crossed.
All this talk of 'snipping' is making me keep my legs crossed.

Post by mrwoogieman »

Picked up the first two issues from my LCS Sunday but haven't read them yet. Apparently they are issuing weekly.
:hm:

TheFerg714
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: July 2014
Favorite character: Archer
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Juan Jose Ryp

Post by TheFerg714 »

It's *SQUEE* amazing.

possumgrease
I had the 1,000,000th post on this board and all I got was this lousy custom ranking.
I had the 1,000,000th post on this board and all I got was this lousy custom ranking.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by possumgrease »

I’ve read issues 1-3 and thought it was great. Well written, beautifully illustrated. Waiting for remaining issues to arrive.

As I posted elsewhere, it’s a shame that these books may never be collected. Surely that won’t hold up for much longer?

lobo

Post by lobo »

This is a great looking book and was highly anticipated by myself.... but I really didn't really care for the story much. There was probably some artistic allegory that went over my head because I'm not really sure what I was reading. :lol:

Other Bad Idea releases have been way better IMO.

Dallow Spicer1

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

Received issues 2-5, but not issue 1 yet…would it be madness to start reading from issue #2? :hm:

Ize
Valiant fan since: 2015
Favorite character: Antonius Axia
Favorite title: Britannia
Favorite writer: Matt Kindt
Favorite artist: Trevor Hairsine

Post by Ize »

Dallow Spicer1 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:24:48 am Received issues 2-5, but not issue 1 yet…would it be madness to start reading from issue #2? :hm:
As mad as a box of frogs! :lol:

I'm in the same situation too, so far have #2-5 but not #1. Apart from a Hank Howard B-side in #2 that has already been released, i've entertained myself with the B-sides until #1 comes.

Dallow Spicer1

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

Ize wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:51:07 am
Dallow Spicer1 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:24:48 am Received issues 2-5, but not issue 1 yet…would it be madness to start reading from issue #2? :hm:
As mad as a box of frogs! :lol:

I'm in the same situation too, so far have #2-5 but not #1. Apart from a Hank Howard B-side in #2 that has already been released, i've entertained myself with the B-sides until #1 comes.
:lol: That’s a good idea, check out the B sides until I get my hands on #1!

Dallow Spicer1

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

Finally read this series. It’s a fairly heavy but enjoyable story from Dysart. Lots of characters to keep track of and plenty of action to keep the story entertaining.

Bit of a weird ending though, pretty non conclusive :hm: Is there more to the story or is the end up to the imagination of the reader? For the cover price I would have liked something more specific.

4/5 - good art and story, recommend you pick it up and explain the ending to me :P

grendeljd
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

Dallow Spicer1 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 4:57:20 am Finally read this series. It’s a fairly heavy but enjoyable story from Dysart. Lots of characters to keep track of and plenty of action to keep the story entertaining.

Bit of a weird ending though, pretty non conclusive :hm: Is there more to the story or is the end up to the imagination of the reader? For the cover price I would have liked something more specific.

4/5 - good art and story, recommend you pick it up and explain the ending to me :P
My interpretation of the series ended up being very similar to my impression of that recent movie The Northman. I think Odinns Eye was more or less just a visual representation of the characters beliefs in their own mythology, but none of it was real magic or supernatural at all at any point. It’s been a while since I read it though, so I can’t quite recall the details I picked out of it that lead me to think that way about it.
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dallow Spicer1

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

grendeljd wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:06:33 am
Dallow Spicer1 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 4:57:20 am Finally read this series. It’s a fairly heavy but enjoyable story from Dysart. Lots of characters to keep track of and plenty of action to keep the story entertaining.

My interpretation of the series ended up being very similar to my impression of that recent movie The Northman. I think Odinns Eye was more or less just a visual representation of the characters beliefs in their own mythology, but none of it was real magic or supernatural at all at any point. It’s been a while since I read it though, so I can’t quite recall the details I picked out of it that lead me to think that way about it.
Yeah possibly. For the price of the 5 books I’d have liked a bit less inconclusiveness though :? It was an enjoyable journey nonetheless, I’ll need to re- read it at some point in the future.

grendeljd

Post by grendeljd »

Dallow Spicer1 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:13:28 am

Yeah possibly. For the price of the 5 books I’d have liked a bit less inconclusiveness though :? It was an enjoyable journey nonetheless, I’ll need to re- read it at some point in the future.
You should probably know better than to expect Josh Dysart to spoon-feed a concept to you in his stories. :lol:

Dallow Spicer1

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

grendeljd wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:02:01 pm
Dallow Spicer1 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:13:28 am

You should probably know better than to expect Josh Dysart to spoon-feed a concept to you in his stories. :lol:
True! :lol: