Year of Valiant FCBD 2022

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

SwiftMann
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: 1994
Favorite character: Solar
Favorite title: 90s Shadowman
Year of Valiant FCBD 2022

Post by SwiftMann »

Bloodshot - I was rolling my eyes at the writing and art before the end of the first page. It got worse as it went. I loathed this.

Armorclads - Preview of #1 from, what, six weeks ago?

X-O - Centerfold with art by Pete Woods, so, you know, not at all representative of the book that will be coming.

A&A - Now this I liked. Serviceable art. Strong writing. Interlude story after Forever #1.

Ninjak - Double checks "The Year of Valiant 2022" checklist right next to this story.... February 2023 Ninjak Superkillers. Ermkay. No Book of Shadows or real X-O preview, but a bit of a pointless (and not great Norton artwork) story for a title that might ship nine months from now?! Wonder which will come first, this or the EW KS.
"If you think any of these [older comics/shows/movies] do not carry a political content and is not using the medium of science fiction to explore real-world ideas, than you have not been paying attention." - Dan Abnett, VCR #246

TheFerg714
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: July 2014
Favorite character: Archer
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Juan Jose Ryp
Re: Year of Valiant FCBD 2022

Post by TheFerg714 »

Man, that FCBD special stole away all the good will that Valiant has been building with Shadowman, The Harbinger, and Armorclads (for me). Bloodshot sucked, Ninjak sucked, A&A was okay, the Armorclads preview was pointless, no teases for future series (besides Ninjak, if that counts). I needed more from X-O and Book of Shadows, and I feel like that's not asking for much.

Dallow Spicer1
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

Bloodshot - story phoned in, art reasonable

A&A - deeply uninteresting. Archer’s personality has devolved into just saying very naive phrases (‘phooey’), art was ok but Armstrong had zero expression as he falls out of window which seemed odd. At least Armstrong is back to his usual colour and not the weird one from the cover of the new ongoing.

Ninjak - dismal story, C level art. As this is the team for the new series it makes it an easier decision not to pick it up when it comes out.

dornwolf
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.

Post by dornwolf »

Has everything that was announced in the last FCBD book even out