Bloodshot Unleashed #3

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Dallow Spicer1
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa
Bloodshot Unleashed #3

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

Despite early promise this series just isn’t taking off. The ‘baddie of the week’ one and done format is too inconsequential. The action is the least interesting parts of the book and the quieter moments were Ray is having internal struggles with the nanites is the better parts of the book but that is only fleeting.

Aric/XO makes an unnecessary appearance in this book. Once my favourite character, Aric is now unrecognisable since the Dennis Hallum hit job which destroyed the work VDitti and a lesser extent Kindt put into the character.

Since Dinesh left there just a lack of direction. During its peak, reading VEI books felt like something important was happening and there was a long term plan for characters and plot points. Now it just feels a disjointed, unrecognisable mess.

3.25/5 - readable, decent art but ultimately not that interesting

SwiftMann
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: 1994
Favorite character: Solar
Favorite title: 90s Shadowman
Re: Bloodshot Unleashed #3

Post by SwiftMann »

This issue felt completely disconnected from the first two. I didn't really enjoy those either, but at least it felt like they were trying to put a story together.
"If you think any of these [older comics/shows/movies] do not carry a political content and is not using the medium of science fiction to explore real-world ideas, than you have not been paying attention." - Dan Abnett, VCR #246

Phantom
I will call my mum and ask what the *SQUEE* is going on.
I will call my mum and ask what the *SQUEE* is going on.
Location: I would rather be under the stars in a tent, or on a park bench.
Re: Bloodshot Unleashed #3

Post by Phantom »

SwiftMann wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:11:01 pm This issue felt completely disconnected from the first two. I didn't really enjoy those either, but at least it felt like they were trying to put a story together.

I agree, however, different from you - I enjoyed the first 2 issues. Just didn't like issue 3.
I wish their was a Spinal Tap comic, and I had a copy CGC graded at 11.