Chiclo's Fantastic Four #1 and Other Treasures

Users can share photos of their OTHER (non-Valiant) collections, your own museum for everyone to tour. No comments allowed by visitors in the gallery threads, just your own space to show and describe your own collection. Free admission for everyone to "The Other Gallery".

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris
Chiclo's Fantastic Four #1 and Other Treasures

Post by Chiclo »

Here's a poorly lit picture that shows the two items in my comic book collection I have spent the most money on - the Fantastic Four #1 CGC 0.5 and the Galactus statue I bought from my brother from another mother Knightt.

At the local Hastings they had a stack of oversized hardcovers called Maximum FF that were very large reprints of Fantastic Four #1 that had gone on clearance for $6.25 each. The bookcover unfolded to be the poster that is the backdrop of the image. When I bought this book, I decided that eventually I would assemble a display for the FF #1 slab and some FF family statues and busts.

The statues in order are Terrax (Bowen bust, also from Knightt), Marvel Icons seried Doctor Doom bust (ugly, ugly thing I got on eBay), Ultimate Invisible Woman (the wife got it in a goody bag at WWTX '08 on our honeymoon), a Bowen Doctor Doom statue (bought it from Starz Comics in Lubbock for $30, way better than the Icons bust) and She-Hulk (by Bowen, also bought at Starz for $30). In the far right corner, there's a modern Captain Marvel Bowen bust, a model of the USS Enterprise NCC 1701-D (the wife picked this up at WWTX. I got a Dominion warship and a Ferengi Maurader from the same shop) and a box of KHAAANN! cologne, a SDCC exclusive scent given to me most graciously by our own Doc Solar. Visible in the far left corner is an Blackest Night Indigo-1 action figure still in the package.

Chiclo

Post by Chiclo »

Here's a print I found on eBay that I really liked. The picture does not do it justice - there's a really nice contrast between the black and muted greys and the neon greens. It features 3 Borg cubes flanking an assimilated Galactus. What appears to be a late 23rd Century Federation vessel (Looks like the NCC 1701-A, was that still a Constitution Class?) is firing on the Borg Galactus. The print was $10.99 shipped and the wife framed and matted it because she frames and mattes everything I get. I am surprised she hasn't yet framed my clean laundry when she gets it out of the dryer.

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes
Master of the Dead Universes

Post by Knightt »

I sure am glad to know that Galactus and Terrax are in good hands. :thumb:

tmcneil82
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by tmcneil82 »

Thats pretty sweet Chiclo. If you dont mind me asking, what did the ff1 set you back?

Chiclo

Post by Chiclo »

Knightt wrote:I sure am glad to know that Galactus and Terrax are in good hands. :thumb:
Galactus normally looms over the piano in the living room. I don't think he'll stay near the display for long.

Chiclo

Post by Chiclo »

tmcneil82 wrote:Thats pretty sweet Chiclo. If you dont mind me asking, what did the ff1 set you back?
$270 cash.

Someone had submitted a bunch of big-time silver age Marvel keys to CGC from my LCS so he could sell them. The owner of the store was showing them off to me and this was in the batch. I had to make an offer.