Top 50 artists and Top 50 writers per CBR

Everything else comic-related that's not VALIANT-related.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

iggy101us
I bought my first comics at Kwik-E-Mart
I bought my first comics at Kwik-E-Mart
Top 50 artists and Top 50 writers per CBR

Post by iggy101us »

xodacia81
Here I am, happy as a clam
Here I am, happy as a clam

Post by xodacia81 »

Its a poor set of lists.

BruceReville
Why don't we just call ourselves C-Men and be done with it

Post by BruceReville »

No Rob Liefeld or Fabian Nicieza?! :o -- This list isbull****!!!!! :mad:

steverino
Account deactivated by administrator.

Post by steverino »

Bullsh!t indeed. Alan Moore is #1. He shouldn't have even made the top 1000.

Draco
Well I think I talked enough poop...
Well I think I talked enough poop...
Valiant fan since: preordered vh1 from start
Favorite character: X-O from vh1
Favorite title: X-O vh1
Favorite writer: Good question?
Favorite artist: ooooh another good question

Post by Draco »

The writers one isnt that bad, but the art has Quitely at # 2, JH Williams # 3 and Stuart Immomen at # 17 above Eisner, Bolland, Sienkiweicz, Steranko and a whole list of incredible artists, so i think we can safely say they pulled most of these from a hat :wink:

StarBrand
loosely based on a true story
loosely based on a true story

Post by StarBrand »

Draco wrote:The writers one isnt that bad, but the art has Quitely at # 2, JH Williams # 3 and Stuart Immomen at # 17 above Eisner, Bolland, Sienkiweicz, Steranko and a whole list of incredible artists, so i think we can safely say they pulled most of these from a hat :wink:
They need to change hats. LOL

Cyberstrike
Consider it mine!
Consider it mine!
Valiant fan since: Unity 1992
Favorite character: Solar, Man of the Atom
Favorite title: Unity
Favorite writer: Jim Starlin
Favorite artist: Jim Starlin

Post by Cyberstrike »

steverino wrote:Bullsh!t indeed. Alan Moore is #1. He shouldn't have even made the top 1000.
He is the best writer. Period.

steverino

Post by steverino »

Cyberstrike wrote:
steverino wrote:Bullsh!t indeed. Alan Moore is #1. He shouldn't have even made the top 1000.
I'll have to respectfully disagree with you there. Although many believe the his writing skills are top notch, I've never enjoyed a single storyline he's ever produced, despite his reputation. But his writing is but just one of my problems with Alan Moore. My biggest problem is his disdain towards his fans and the comic industry. I cannot see how someone could shun the people that helped make him great. And shun he does and does often.

In my opinion, you cannot possibly be good at anything and hate what you are doing or hate the people you are doing it for. Thus, his writing and his very name leaves a bad taste in my mouth and anything he produces is a dark cloud over the industry at large.

If you want to be a fan of his and put him and/or his work up on a pedestal, by all means, be my guest. But don't expect him to do anything of the like for you.

dave
Turok #12 is the 1st appearance of Turok
Turok #12 is the 1st appearance of Turok
Valiant fan since: Bloodshot #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: BWS

Post by dave »

Alan Moore is indeed excellent. Not sure about him being number 1, but it's all subjective. Shooter being off the list is weird. Eisner being ranked so low is offensive.

ian_house
using a Welsh to American translator

Post by ian_house »

It's not a list of who is the greatest. It's a list of favourites.

I agree with Draco, the artists one is all over the place... but at least Liefeld aint there :lol:

BruceReville

Post by BruceReville »

ian_house wrote:It's not a list of who is the greatest. It's a list of favourites.

I agree with Draco, the artists one is all over the place... but at least Liefeld aint there :lol:
Shut Your Mouth! - He is the best foot artist --- EVER!!!!

OmenSpirits.com

Post by OmenSpirits.com »

steverino wrote:
Cyberstrike wrote:
In my opinion, you cannot possibly be good at anything and hate what you are doing or hate the people you are doing it for.

John. Buscema.

He HATED drawing super heroes.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

BruceReville wrote:
ian_house wrote:It's not a list of who is the greatest. It's a list of favourites.

I want to prove you wrong but I can't find any feet that Liefeld drew to show how horribly he draws them.

BruceReville

Post by BruceReville »

Chiclo wrote:
BruceReville wrote:

I want to prove you wrong but I can't find any feet that Liefeld drew to show how horribly he draws them.
His feet drawings are so awesome that he purposely hides them so noone else can copy them! :thumb:

superman-prime
scratch 1 for the coog guys
scratch 1 for the coog guys

Post by superman-prime »

Moore is over rated for sure

steverino

Post by steverino »

BruceReville wrote:
Chiclo wrote:
BruceReville wrote:

His feet drawings are so awesome that he purposely hides them so noone else can copy them! :thumb:
:lol: :lol:

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

BruceReville wrote:
Chiclo wrote:
BruceReville wrote:

That's just crazy enough that it might work!

steverino

Post by steverino »

OmenSpirits.com wrote:
steverino wrote:
Cyberstrike wrote:
In my opinion, you cannot possibly be good at anything and hate what you are doing or hate the people you are doing it for.

John. Buscema.

True, but he was a true professional. And his art on many of those Conan books, whether he liked drawing superheroes or not, was phenomenal!

OmenSpirits.com

Post by OmenSpirits.com »

steverino wrote:
OmenSpirits.com wrote:
steverino wrote:
Cyberstrike wrote:

John. Buscema.

True, but he was a true professional. And his art on many of those Conan books, whether he liked drawing superheroes or not, was phenomenal!
He liked conan & hated Spider-man (thought it was the stupidest idea for a character and design).

And I agree, John Buscema is GOD!
:clap:
No one can touch is conan! :thumb:

ian_house

Post by ian_house »

OmenSpirits.com wrote:
steverino wrote:
OmenSpirits.com wrote:
steverino wrote:
Cyberstrike wrote:

John. Buscema.

He liked conan & hated Spider-man (thought it was the stupidest idea for a character and design).

And I agree, John Buscema is GOD!
:clap:
No one can touch is conan! :thumb:
I wouldn't advise trying to touch anyones Conan... it's a pretty dangerous game.

Cyberstrike
Consider it mine!
Consider it mine!

Post by Cyberstrike »

steverino wrote:
Cyberstrike wrote:
I'll have to respectfully disagree with you there. Although many believe the his writing skills are top notch, I've never enjoyed a single storyline he's ever produced, despite his reputation. But his writing is but just one of my problems with Alan Moore. My biggest problem is his disdain towards his fans and the comic industry. I cannot see how someone could shun the people that helped make him great. And shun he does and does often.
Actually Moore has been very respectful and grateful to the fans he doesn't want to be worshiped and he doesn't want to be harassed at conventions like he was when people were sliding copies of books under a bathroom stall for him to sign when he was taking a crap.
In my opinion, you cannot possibly be good at anything and hate what you are doing or hate the people you are doing it for. Thus, his writing and his very name leaves a bad taste in my mouth and anything he produces is a dark cloud over the industry at large.
Read 1963, Supreme: The Story of the Year, Supreme: The Return, and Judgement Day.
If you want to be a fan of his and put him and/or his work up on a pedestal, by all means, be my guest. But don't expect him to do anything of the like for you.
Why would I? The last I check he lives in England and I live in the USA?
Yeah I know Moore's very anti-American these days and my attitude is: so what? He's got his opinions and I got mine.
I try to separate the work and artist apart, for example do I agree with the late John Wayne's politics? For the most part probably not, but that does mean I can't watch his movies and enjoy some of them? The same with Bruce Willis, Stallone, or comic books writers like Chuck Dixon, or Bill Willingham?

Cyberstrike
Consider it mine!
Consider it mine!

Post by Cyberstrike »

dave wrote:Alan Moore is indeed excellent. Not sure about him being number 1, but it's all subjective. Shooter being off the list is weird.
Shooter is a better editor than a writer.