June 11th...

Everything else comic-related that's not VALIANT-related.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

StarBrand
loosely based on a true story
June 11th...

Post by StarBrand »

...The date of the big announcement by Geoff Johns and Jim Lee regarding DC. Any guesses exactly what it will be?

xodacia81
Here I am, happy as a clam
Re: June 11th...

Post by xodacia81 »

StarBrand wrote:...The date of the big announcement by Geoff Johns and Jim Lee regarding DC. Any guesses exactly what it will be?
Everything is starting over. Flashpoint isn't fake. It's real.

Dan Didio is god? (we'll have to check for brain slugs after this one)

Rob Liefeld is the best artist of all time? (we'll know they are on crack if that happens)

Superman is leaving DC.

BruceReville
Why don't we just call ourselves C-Men and be done with it

Post by BruceReville »

Disney Buys Time Warner

xodacia81

Post by xodacia81 »

BruceReville wrote:Disney Buys Time Warner
Then that would be the end of comics as we know them. Welcome to the days of "The Comic Book Company".

BruceReville

Post by BruceReville »

xodacia81 wrote:
Then that would be the end of comics as we know them. Welcome to the days of "The Comic Book Company".
It has been prophesied on page 1 of Magnus Robot Fighter 0 - note the Thing battling Superman at the bottom. Also note the boredom on the kid's face.

StarBrand
Re: June 11th...

Post by StarBrand »

xodacia81 wrote:
StarBrand wrote:...The date of the big announcement by Geoff Johns and Jim Lee regarding DC. Any guesses exactly what it will be?
Everything is starting over. Flashpoint isn't fake. It's real.
I think this is going to be correct. Will they really get rid of Bruce Wayne and other iconic characters like him, though?

comicsyte95
It's Porktastic!!!
It's Porktastic!!!

Post by comicsyte95 »

xodacia81 wrote:
That would be cool for a few issues i guess but i have a feeling it would eventually be Deathmate bad. :(

vikingspawn
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram

Post by vikingspawn »

Probably Superman and the others characters get renumbered series' to new #1s. As a way to get ready for the Superman movie next year or something. Or to try to take the Marvel comic market share.

Maybe Geoff Johns and Jim Lee get on a new Justice League America #1. Or a Superman #1.

:hm:

Heath
The Saints will win the Super-Bowl!
The Saints will win the Super-Bowl!
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: VH1 Shadowman; VEI X-O
Favorite title: VH1 Shadowman; VEI X-O, Harb
Favorite writer: Bob Hall; Dysart, Van Lente
Location: Torque's Hundred-Yard-Long New Orleans Saints' Themed Dining Hall

Post by Heath »

I don't know, but it happens on my birthday! And my sister is taking me to see Tesla that night!

StarBrand

Post by StarBrand »

Heath wrote:I don't know, but it happens on my birthday! And my sister is taking me to see Tesla that night!
Pretty cool. :thumb:

BruceReville

Post by BruceReville »

StarBrand

Post by StarBrand »

Good find. :thumb:

StarBrand

Post by StarBrand »

An opinion on the matter posted at Newsarama. The article is about halfway down the page.

http://blog.newsarama.com/2011/05/25/ev ... ght-place/

BruceReville

Post by BruceReville »

Interesting, but then again when Zero Hour happened and origins/titles were rebooted then they left a few plot threads dangling then as well. So is it possible that it could happen again? I mean DC has never left plots dangling before and still have yet to resolve have they? :P

Draco
Well I think I talked enough poop...
Valiant fan since: preordered vh1 from start
Favorite character: X-O from vh1
Favorite title: X-O vh1
Favorite writer: Good question?
Favorite artist: ooooh another good question

Post by Draco »

Such a shame that we are speculating more on how badly they may screw things up, over how cool they could be making things :(

Tim
Confession... I liked Psi-Lords.
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by Tim »

BruceReville wrote:Interesting, but then again when Zero Hour happened and origins/titles were rebooted then they left a few plot threads dangling then as well. So is it possible that it could happen again? I mean DC has never left plots dangling before and still have yet to resolve have they? :P
From looking at solicits, EVERY SINGLE storyline in EVERY mainstream DCU book wraps up in August.

This is going to be big.

BruceReville

Post by BruceReville »

Tim wrote:
BruceReville wrote:Interesting, but then again when Zero Hour happened and origins/titles were rebooted then they left a few plot threads dangling then as well. So is it possible that it could happen again? I mean DC has never left plots dangling before and still have yet to resolve have they? :P
From looking at solicits, EVERY SINGLE storyline in EVERY mainstream DCU book wraps up in August.

This is going to be big.
I agree it is going to be big, but at the same time subplots may still be sacrificed unfinished -- DC has done that in the past.

StarBrand

Post by StarBrand »

Tim wrote:

This is going to be big.
I'm excited about it, and have a certain void left by Dark Horse/+ Gold Key. lol

ian_house
using a Welsh to American translator

Post by ian_house »

Tim wrote:

This is going to be big.
Where?! JLA is just kicking off a big storyline. All of the Batman books are in the middle of things, particularly Batman Inc. Brightest Day Aftermath and the reintroduction of Constantine/Swamp Thing is just about to start, let alone end. I don't see a line wide reboot... are DC going to throw away the chance of a Detective 900 in the next year or so?

Draco
Valiant fan since: preordered vh1 from start
Favorite character: X-O from vh1
Favorite title: X-O vh1
Favorite writer: Good question?
Favorite artist: ooooh another good question

Post by Draco »

ian_house wrote:
Tim wrote:

This is going to be big.
Where?! JLA is just kicking off a big storyline. All of the Batman books are in the middle of things, particularly Batman Inc. Brightest Day Aftermath and the reintroduction of Constantine/Swamp Thing is just about to start, let alone end. I don't see a line wide reboot... are DC going to throw away the chance of a Detective 900 in the next year or so?
I think they simply want to build on the success of the drawing the line at $2.99 campaign, so i dont expect a reboot as such, just more confusion to add to the now pre crisis confusion, that they tried to hard to explain in the first place.

Brain melt :/

ian_house

Post by ian_house »

Draco wrote:
ian_house wrote:
Tim wrote:

This is going to be big.
I think they simply want to build on the success of the drawing the line at $2.99 campaign, so i dont expect a reboot as such, just more confusion to add to the now pre crisis confusion, that they tried to hard to explain in the first place.

Brain melt :/
:lol: :thumb:

Unblessed
I must be flogged.
I must be flogged.

Post by Unblessed »

They are going to announce that DC will only be producing electronic comics to be delivered to your Kindle or iPad. No one uses a Nook.

also, since they've been doing MAJOR crossovers in the DCU, now it's time for a crossover with Marvel or Image.

Wait. No. A crossover with Marvel AND Image.

Yeah. that makes sense.

You are going to need to buy the entire publisher solicit for the three publishers to get any sense of storyline.

:roll:

June 11 you say.

Lemme know what they say. :roll:

dave
Turok #12 is the 1st appearance of Turok
Turok #12 is the 1st appearance of Turok
Valiant fan since: Bloodshot #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite writer: BWS

Post by dave »

Many people who come in to the library use Nook. The Kindle seems to be less popular here since you have to buy everything from Amazon, whereas with the Nook you can download for free using your library card.

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes
Master of the Dead Universes

Post by Knightt »

Both Nook and Kindle apps are on the iPad... free apps and pretty good ones. IMO, better than iBooks.

I recently downloaded one of my college textbooks to my iPad via the Course Ware app. (NICE, with only three classes left :!: )

Tim
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by Tim »

ian_house wrote: Where?!
Here are the storylines finishing up in August:

Action Comics Doomsday Arc
Brightest Day: The Search for Swamp Thing
Finale of Scott Snyder's Detective Comics
Last Issue of Gates of Gotham
Birds of Prey's "War and Remembrance"
"Grounded" in Superman
Superman / Batman's "The Secret"
"Odyssey" in Wonder Woman
Legion of Super-villains story in Adventure Comics / Legion of Super-heroes
Green Arrow

Teen Titans and Secret Six could go either way.

JLA, Power Girl, Zatanna, and Supergirl look like single issue stories.

The only titles that give no indication of story lines wrapping up are Batman, Inc. and Green Lantern.

Maybe I'm reading to much into it, but that does seem like a lot of ongoing stories ending the same month.

Still think this is going to be big. I'm excited for one. Just as long as at the end of Flashpoint, Superman is still married and Barry Allen is dead, I'm good to go.