Steve Rude arrested!

Everything else comic-related that's not VALIANT-related.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Cyberstrike
Consider it mine!
Consider it mine!
Valiant fan since: Unity 1992
Favorite character: Solar, Man of the Atom
Favorite title: Unity
Favorite writer: Jim Starlin
Favorite artist: Jim Starlin
Steve Rude arrested!

Post by Cyberstrike »

Steve Rude arrested and selling artwork to pay legal bills!

from the article wrote:Steve Rude, co-creator of Nexus, was arrested last night in a dispute with his neighbors. The charges are assault and failure to comply with a court order.

He’s out on bail now, but will still have to raise legal fees. Mark Evanier notes:

This means you have one of those great opportunities to simultaneously help out a deserving guy and get yourself a great bargain. Go to his website and buy something. In fact, while you’re there, buy several somethings.

via news from me.

The Beat notes that the Rudes live in Maricopa County is the homebase of Joe Arpaio, “America’s Toughest Sheriff”, who’s known for housing inmates outside in 145 degree heat, feeding them spoiled food, and other practices that have gained notoriety and lawsuits from organizations such as the ACLU and Amnesty International, and rulings from federal courts over various violations of the US Constitution– you know, cruel and unusual punishment, violating civil rights, racial profiling, election law violations, and abuse of power.

And just to tie it back into comics, Arpaio created an armed illegal immigration operations posse in 2010, to help his deputies enforce immigration law. One member of the posse? Lou Ferrigno.
Know this: I would rather be hated for being honest for my opinions, than being loved as a liar!

OmenSpirits.com
Re: Steve Rude arrested!

Post by OmenSpirits.com »

:o

The hell?!

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

He has been selling art work for a while because he has had financial problems related to his house.

I saw him in front of the convention center in San Diego last year and he was yelling into his phone at a guy about his house.

I have been watching his auctions for the last year or so. He has been selling new paintings and prints but his original art seems a little picked over - he was putting a lot of Encyclopedia Salesman OA up for sale.

Cyberstrike
Consider it mine!
Consider it mine!
Valiant fan since: Unity 1992
Favorite character: Solar, Man of the Atom
Favorite title: Unity
Favorite writer: Jim Starlin
Favorite artist: Jim Starlin

Post by Cyberstrike »

Chiclo wrote:He has been selling art work for a while because he has had financial problems related to his house.

I saw him in front of the convention center in San Diego last year and he was yelling into his phone at a guy about his house.

I have been watching his auctions for the last year or so. He has been selling new paintings and prints but his original art seems a little picked over - he was putting a lot of Encyclopedia Salesman OA up for sale.

I just found the article and thought some people might be interested.
Know this: I would rather be hated for being honest for my opinions, than being loved as a liar!

myron
I do embrace my inner geekdom
I do embrace my inner geekdom
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Pre-Unity Harbinger

Post by myron »

I had read somewhere/sometime, awhile ago that Rude was kinda, uh I don't know...RUDE...to people??? Ya know on the tool side of things...so this article doesn't really surprise me I guess... :?

I would find it kind of hard to contribute to help a guy out when he wasn't known as being a nice person to begin with...

jus' sayin...
Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?

Heath
The Saints will win the Super-Bowl!
The Saints will win the Super-Bowl!
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: VH1 Shadowman; VEI X-O
Favorite title: VH1 Shadowman; VEI X-O, Harb
Favorite writer: Bob Hall; Dysart, Van Lente
Location: Torque's Hundred-Yard-Long New Orleans Saints' Themed Dining Hall

Post by Heath »

myron wrote:I had read somewhere/sometime, awhile ago that Rude was kinda, uh I don't know...RUDE...to people??? Ya know on the tool side of things...so this article doesn't really surprise me I guess... :?

I would find it kind of hard to contribute to help a guy out when he wasn't known as being a nice person to begin with...

jus' sayin...
+1
I would agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

steverino
Account deactivated by administrator.

Post by steverino »

I don't give a crap.

Burrito Boy
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Favorite character: Gunny Lewis
Favorite title: Armorines
Favorite writer: Jorge Gonzalez

Post by Burrito Boy »

Cyberstrike wrote:
from the article wrote:
And just to tie it back into comics, Arpaio created an armed illegal immigration operations posse in 2010, to help his deputies enforce immigration law. One member of the posse? Lou Ferrigno.
Hulk smash Mexicans! :D

(Sorry, I couldn't resist. Before you guys ban me, I should point out that I'm allowed to say stuff like that because I'm half Mexican. I don't call myself Burrito Boy for nothin'. :thumb: )

BruceReville
Why don't we just call ourselves C-Men and be done with it
Why don't we just call ourselves C-Men and be done with it

Post by BruceReville »

Burrito Boy wrote:
Cyberstrike wrote:
from the article wrote:

(Sorry, I couldn't resist. Before you guys ban me, I should point out that I'm allowed to say stuff like that because I'm half Mexican. I don't call myself Burrito Boy for nothin'. :thumb: )
And here I thought you were full of bean gas. :?
Everybody Is Right Until Someone Else Disagrees.

Burrito Boy
Favorite character: Gunny Lewis
Favorite title: Armorines
Favorite writer: Jorge Gonzalez

Post by Burrito Boy »

BruceReville wrote:
Burrito Boy wrote:
Cyberstrike wrote:
from the article wrote:

And here I thought you were full of bean gas. :?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :headbang: