Amassing My Complete Amazing Spider-Man Run

Everything else comic-related that's not VALIANT-related.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Re: Amassing My Complete Amazing Spider-Man Run

Post by jmatt »

lorddunlow wrote:This is so much fun.
Isn't it? As I've been reading through my Avengers run it has me branching out and picking up tie-in copies of Daredevil, The Defenders... loving it. Still working on filling out my Invincible Iron Man run, maybe ten more issues to go.

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

jmatt wrote:
lorddunlow wrote:This is so much fun.
Isn't it? As I've been reading through my Avengers run it has me branching out and picking up tie-in copies of Daredevil, The Defenders... loving it. Still working on filling out my Invincible Iron Man run, maybe ten more issues to go.
Oooh, which ones are you missing? I once had my Iron Man set down to all but #55, but I sold a few when I bought a house. Now I'm also missing 1,9,12,13 & 18... off the top of my head, anyway - I could be forgetting a few others.
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jmatt

Post by jmatt »

grendeljd wrote:Oooh, which ones are you missing? I once had my Iron Man set down to all but #55, but I sold a few when I bought a house. Now I'm also missing 1,9,12,13 & 18... off the top of my head, anyway - I could be forgetting a few others.
I think it's 10, 12-16 and 55. My #1 isn't anything to jump up and down about; I'll get a better copy of that at some point.

grendeljd
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

jmatt wrote:
grendeljd wrote:Oooh, which ones are you missing? I once had my Iron Man set down to all but #55, but I sold a few when I bought a house. Now I'm also missing 1,9,12,13 & 18... off the top of my head, anyway - I could be forgetting a few others.
I think it's 10, 12-16 and 55. My #1 isn't anything to jump up and down about; I'll get a better copy of that at some point.
My copy of #1 was pretty beat up too - I bought it for $50 somewhere around 1995, and I sold it in 2007 for $50. It just did not appreciate in value in the condition it was in. I have been very tempted to buy another copy the last two years or so - my LCS has had some very nice copies come & go.
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

caniac
the hole just keeps getting deeper
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: XO Manowar
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite writer: Robert Venditti

Post by caniac »

I finally picked up ASM 129

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.

Post by lorddunlow »

caniac wrote:I finally picked up ASM 129
:high-five:

That one is a little further down my list. I feel it is an overvalued book, so it will hurt when I finally pick one up.

121 and 122 are probably next on my list.
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

caniac
Favorite character: XO Manowar
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite writer: Robert Venditti

Post by caniac »

lorddunlow wrote:

That one is a little further down my list. I feel it is an overvalued book, so it will hurt when I finally pick one up.

I paid $200 and it's flat and centered!

lorddunlow

Post by lorddunlow »

caniac wrote:
lorddunlow wrote:

That's an incredible deal! Still more than I personally value that book. I'm not a big Punisher fan.

MarkRoseHFX
smother you to death with a big pile of poutine
Favorite character: Chiclo
Favorite writer: Dysart,V-ditti,Kindt,Lemire
Favorite artist: Cary Nord

Post by MarkRoseHFX »

lorddunlow wrote:
caniac wrote:
lorddunlow wrote:

That's an incredible deal! Still more than I personally value that book. I'm not a big Punisher fan.
The Garth Ennis Punisher Max stuff is pretty sweet
Hell Yeah Valiant Comics! Tumblr - http://bit.ly/16xoK8x" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://about.me/markrosehfx

PSN- gorakthebunny

Dynamite can suck my balls

lorddunlow

Post by lorddunlow »

What the hell is this Amazing Spider-Man 700.1 - 700.x stuff that comes out this week? I hadn't even heard about it. Is it really Peter Parker? Is it canon? Anyone? Bueller?

MarkRoseHFX

Post by MarkRoseHFX »

lorddunlow wrote:What the hell is this Amazing Spider-Man 700.1 - 700.x stuff that comes out this week? I hadn't even heard about it. Is it really Peter Parker? Is it canon? Anyone? Bueller?
adds another to that run :lol:

what are you going to do once you complete ASM? work on Spectacular Spider-Man, Marvel Team-Up and Web of Spider-Man?
Hell Yeah Valiant Comics! Tumblr - http://bit.ly/16xoK8x" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PSN- gorakthebunny

lorddunlow

Post by lorddunlow »

MarkRoseHFX wrote:
lorddunlow wrote:What the hell is this Amazing Spider-Man 700.1 - 700.x stuff that comes out this week? I hadn't even heard about it. Is it really Peter Parker? Is it canon? Anyone? Bueller?

what are you going to do once you complete ASM? work on Spectacular Spider-Man, Marvel Team-Up and Web of Spider-Man?
I'm not sure. It will take me a few years at least to finish ASM.

I'm really confused by this new stuff, though (I just saw it listed on the Comixolology pull list email for this week). They list 5 issues, numbered 700.1-700.5 and states Peter Parker is back :?:

MarkRoseHFX

Post by MarkRoseHFX »

lorddunlow wrote:
MarkRoseHFX wrote:

I'm really confused by this new stuff, though (I just saw it listed on the Comixolology pull list email for this week). They list 5 issues, numbered 700.1-700.5 and states Peter Parker is back :?:
I just did some googling apparently it's a story that takes place before the mind swap

PSN- gorakthebunny

lorddunlow

Post by lorddunlow »

MarkRoseHFX wrote:
lorddunlow wrote:
MarkRoseHFX wrote:

I just did some googling apparently it's a story that takes place before the mind swap
Just when I was starting to warm up on Marvel they pull this money grab crap. I wonder if it is going to be considered canon? I guess since it has Amazing Spider-Man as its title and it continues the numbering, I'll have to get it.

And of course it's $3.99

MarkRoseHFX

Post by MarkRoseHFX »

lorddunlow wrote:
MarkRoseHFX wrote:
lorddunlow wrote:
MarkRoseHFX wrote:

Just when I was starting to warm up on Marvel they pull this money grab crap. I wonder if it is going to be considered canon? I guess since it has Amazing Spider-Man as its title and it continues the numbering, I'll have to get it.

And of course it's $3.99
Bend over Dunlow, Marvel's coming to get some. And brace yourself because they aren't going to use any lube.

PSN- gorakthebunny

400yrs
Am I Too Old to be Licking This?
Am I Too Old to be Licking This?
Valiant fan since: A&A #0
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Lapham

Post by 400yrs »

I've never heard of David Morell who is the writer. Hopefully the story is good. Kind of wish someone well established was writing it.
ASM Crossover Home

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

lorddunlow wrote:
MarkRoseHFX wrote:
lorddunlow wrote:
MarkRoseHFX wrote:

And of course it's $3.99
Another fine example of Battered Marvel Fan Syndrome.

lorddunlow

Post by lorddunlow »

400yrs wrote:I've never heard of David Morell who is the writer. Hopefully the story is good. Kind of wish someone well established was writing it.
Me too.

comicsyte95
It's Porktastic!!!
It's Porktastic!!!

Post by comicsyte95 »

MarkRoseHFX wrote:
lorddunlow wrote:
MarkRoseHFX wrote:
lorddunlow wrote:
MarkRoseHFX wrote:

And of course it's $3.99
Bend over Dunlow, Marvel's coming to get some. And brace yourself because they aren't going to use any lube.
:funnypost:
If I just can't be me ,and the Arrow isn't enough.. then maybe I should be Ra's al Ghul

kjjohanson
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Valiant fan since: Magnus #1
Favorite character: Anon-Lurker
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente

Post by kjjohanson »

MarkRoseHFX wrote:
lorddunlow wrote:
MarkRoseHFX wrote:

I imagine it's some serious deus ex machina BS that will allow them to explain why Peter Parker never really went away. The Osborn Journal II, if you will. That's what happens when a marketing department drives a creative product rather than, ya know, the actual creators.
If you're not a *SQUEE*, you're okay with me.

lorddunlow

Post by lorddunlow »

So I suppose I'll need to get the Vol. 3 issues now, as I'm sure whenever they will be approaching what should be issue #800 that they will restore the original numbering.

Should I add it to my pull list or just buy a years worth or more on the secondary market? I'm leaning towards the latter, but I'm afraid I might end up being forced to pay too much for some surprise key issue.

kjjohanson

Post by kjjohanson »

lorddunlow wrote:So I suppose I'll need to get the Vol. 3 issues now, as I'm sure whenever they will be approaching what should be issue #800 that they will restore the original numbering.

Should I add it to my pull list or just buy a years worth or more on the secondary market? I'm leaning towards the latter, but I'm afraid I might end up being forced to pay too much for some surprise key issue.
The little that I know about the upcoming Spider-man series is that Slott is also writing a mini that takes place in the very early days of Peter's history, somewhere in the continuity of issues 1–3 from the '60s. Supposedly storylines are being established that will tie into upcoming issues of the new series. So, depending on how deep you're going on your collection (is it only books with the word "Amazing" on the cover?), it looks as if the key issues for this time are Superior 30 (Peter returns), and whatever issues of Slott's mini that will introduce whatever is going to happen in the new series. I know there's some big Spidey crossover planned that will feature someone hunting down every version of Spider-man in all possible universes. I'm guessing the seeds for that are planted in the mini.

lorddunlow

Post by lorddunlow »

kjjohanson wrote:
lorddunlow wrote:So I suppose I'll need to get the Vol. 3 issues now, as I'm sure whenever they will be approaching what should be issue #800 that they will restore the original numbering.

The little that I know about the upcoming Spider-man series is that Slott is also writing a mini that takes place in the very early days of Peter's history, somewhere in the continuity of issues 1–3 from the '60s. Supposedly storylines are being established that will tie into upcoming issues of the new series. So, depending on how deep you're going on your collection (is it only books with the word "Amazing" on the cover?), it looks as if the key issues for this time are Superior 30 (Peter returns), and whatever issues of Slott's mini that will introduce whatever is going to happen in the new series. I know there's some big Spidey crossover planned that will feature someone hunting down every version of Spider-man in all possible universes. I'm guessing the seeds for that are planted in the mini.
I'm only collecting every issue of "Amazing Spider-Man". I purchased the mini that was numbered 700.1-5. I'm not even collecting Superior Spider-Man unless they somehow change the numbering at some point and include that series in the count.

lorddunlow

Post by lorddunlow »

Well, with the return of Amazing Spider-Man with volume 3 #1, I'll have new issues to chase. Still not sure if I'll be pulling this or picking up on the cheap later. I picked up #1, but haven't read yet.

As for back issues, I've stalled out so we can take a little vacation more often. My next target is ASM #121 and #122. #121 is a very important book in its own right, but I'm a Gwen Stacy fan too. I already have #31 (and a beautiful copy too), so I feel having her death is the next book I want.

kjjohanson

Post by kjjohanson »

lorddunlow wrote:Well, with the return of Amazing Spider-Man with volume 3 #1, I'll have new issues to chase. Still not sure if I'll be pulling this or picking up on the cheap later. I picked up #1, but haven't read yet.

As for back issues, I've stalled out so we can take a little vacation more often. My next target is ASM #121 and #122. #121 is a very important book in its own right, but I'm a Gwen Stacy fan too. I already have #31 (and a beautiful copy too), so I feel having her death is the next book I want.
The first issue of the mini I mentioned above is now out too, and the first issue is Amazing Spider-man 1.1, so there's those to get too. I would pick up at least the first issue new, since there's a new characters introduced and time will tell whether it ends up being an important character.