Jack Kirby Fourth World Omnibus - To Keep or Reprint?

Everything else comic-related that's not VALIANT-related.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Is it worth replacing my copy with a corrected new print?

Yes
83%
No
17%

Total votes: 6

JonesyAZ
Valiant...it moved.
Valiant...it moved.
Valiant fan since: VH1 Ninjak #1!
Favorite character: Ninjak
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Robert Venditti
Favorite artist: Emanuela Lupacchino
Jack Kirby Fourth World Omnibus - To Keep or Reprint?

Post by JonesyAZ »

All,

So, the Jack Kirby one-volume massive "Fourth World" omnibus was released in late 2017...but every copy had one misprinted page. DC has promised to replace all of the copies with a newly corrected version.

As this is the first omnibus I've purchased with my hard-earned cash, and it's honestly FANTASTIC quality (except having one misprinted page, ugh!), I am not sure if I should have my LCS send it to DC, as DC IS promising to replace it for free with a newly corrected copy, however my LCS is responsible for paying for shipping...and I am nervous that the reprint might end up having other quality issues even though the corrected page will be fixed.

Please vote on this poll as I would greatly appreciate your input on this; thanks!

- Jonesy
The "Unity Suite" ... in progress ...

Dr. Solar
Spanked like a 4 year old in K-Mart.
Spanked like a 4 year old in K-Mart.
Favorite character: Sven
Favorite title: Psi-Lords #2
Re: Jack Kirby Fourth World Omnibus - To Keep or Reprint?

Post by Dr. Solar »

Take a walk on the wild side! Get it replaced!

The Dirt Gang
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Valiant fan since: VH1 Unity #1
Favorite writer: Shooter/Dysart
Favorite artist: BWS

Post by The Dirt Gang »

I would because that one page would drive me crazy. I've not looked at the DC omnibuses is there much difference in the quality between the different releases? You would think the quality here would be the same if it is just replacing one page.
Multum In Parvo

WrathOfArmstrong
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: April 2017
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Wrath of Eternal Warrior
Favorite writer: Venditte
Favorite artist: Juan Jose Ryp

Post by WrathOfArmstrong »

IST supplied the missing page in PDF... If DC makes it easy to replace, I'm going to replace mine, but if it seems like a hassle I won't...what's the shipping cost?

The page did little. If this was the JLA with the out of order pages I'd be a little more ticked--I don't know why I decided not to get it...perhaps my reading pile was too high at the time.

I mean aren't 'error' versions more precious in the long term...sometimes...maybe?

JonesyAZ
Valiant...it moved.
Valiant...it moved.
Valiant fan since: VH1 Ninjak #1!
Favorite character: Ninjak
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Robert Venditti
Favorite artist: Emanuela Lupacchino

Post by JonesyAZ »

WrathOfArmstrong wrote:IST supplied the missing page in PDF... If DC makes it easy to replace, I'm going to replace mine, but if it seems like a hassle I won't...what's the shipping cost?

The page did little. If this was the JLA with the out of order pages I'd be a little more ticked--I don't know why I decided not to get it...perhaps my reading pile was too high at the time.

I mean aren't 'error' versions more precious in the long term...sometimes...maybe?
Hi Wrath,

It seems that as long as you bring your book to your LCS by a certain date (mine is giving me until EOB today...), they'll send it into DC and DC will issue the new version upon release, which is around April. Beyond that, not sure how much of a hassle it would be. Also not sure of the shipping cost.

I decided that I am going to keep my copy for a variety of reasons. Thankfully, like you said that missing page does little to nothing to add to the story. I might sell this version later and buy the replacement copy if I change my mind.

Thanks all for your input!
The "Unity Suite" ... in progress ...