Mark Waid talking Comicsgate.

Everything else comic-related that's not VALIANT-related.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

X-O HoboJoe
Bradley is not unsupervised anymore.
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Shadowman
Re: Mark Waid talking Comicsgate.

Post by X-O HoboJoe »

possumgrease wrote:
X-O HoboJoe wrote:
myron wrote::popcorn:

really like to see where this is headed...

the entire broken out of context quote, spew, quote, spew, quote, spew...is fairly reminiscent of days gone by...<sigh> :P , guess I miss it some...

:popcorn:
It heads nowhere, which is why it's parroted constantly by anyone without the ability to debate or the desire to really discuss.
that’s what someone whose team is 2-10 would say. Oh wait. Maybe I’m in the wrong thread.
Damn, Coach Boss ... Right in the pig nuts. facepalm The Omega Beams would be kinder and possibly better for recruiting. :bricks:
I DO NOT EAT, DRINK OR ABSORB SOULS, DAMMIT!

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.

Post by lorddunlow »

I'm not sure why I keep reading this thread. Sven and Ferg are consistent examples of what I was talking about when I tweeted a wish that the universe would just temporarily suspend gravity on earth so everyone would be thrown into space...

Sent from my HTC U Ultra using Tapatalk
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

TheFerg714
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: July 2014
Favorite character: Archer
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Juan Jose Ryp

Post by TheFerg714 »

Sorry, you guys can belittle me all you want, but I'm still not hearing any good arguments. :? I think I raised some good points, but obviously all of you are just too above it all to actually respond like adults with points of your own. If you don't want to debate, that's cool, but there's nothing wrong with calling out someone for having ridiculous opinions.
X-O HoboJoe wrote: :roll: This always ends in one of two ways: Fergie (or his analog) gets wrapped up into a ball and flees/gets banned or the poor sonafa *SQUEE* winds up in a rw location with me where he stares at the ground and says nothing. :kidaround:
Why would I get banned or leave? I haven't broken any rules and just because no one wants to hear my opinions in the "Mark Waid talking Comicsgate" thread doesn't mean I'm going to stop talking about Valiant comics... Sorry, I guess. :?

X-O HoboJoe

Post by X-O HoboJoe »

TheFerg714 wrote:Sorry, you guys can belittle me all you want, but I'm still not hearing any good arguments. :? I think I raised some good points, but obviously all of you are just too above it all to actually respond like adults with points of your own. If you don't want to debate, that's cool, but there's nothing wrong with calling out someone for having ridiculous opinions.
X-O HoboJoe wrote: :roll: This always ends in one of two ways: Fergie (or his analog) gets wrapped up into a ball and flees/gets banned or the poor sonafa *SQUEE* winds up in a rw location with me where he stares at the ground and says nothing. :kidaround:
Why would I get banned or leave? I haven't broken any rules and just because no one wants to hear my opinions in the "Mark Waid talking Comicsgate" thread doesn't mean I'm going to stop talking about Valiant comics... Sorry, I guess. :?
Present good arguments for discussion and you’ll get them in return.

The Dirt Gang
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Valiant fan since: VH1 Unity #1
Favorite writer: Shooter/Dysart
Favorite artist: BWS

Post by The Dirt Gang »

Been gone for a few months and coming back to this feels a little bit like...

:lol:
Multum In Parvo

X-O HoboJoe

Post by X-O HoboJoe »

The Dirt Gang wrote:Been gone for a few months and coming back to this feels a little bit like...

:lol:
Here comes a big, hairy hug! :D

X-O HoboJoe

Post by X-O HoboJoe »

I think a stash of VH1 junkies would be able to tell that what Meyer complains about goes back a lot further than a milkshake selfie. 1987. Shooter. The aborted purchase of Marvel. How many times has Valiant gone down the tubes and why?

lorddunlow

Post by lorddunlow »

TheFerg714 wrote:Sorry, you guys can belittle me all you want, but I'm still not hearing any good arguments. :? I think I raised some good points, but obviously all of you are just too above it all to actually respond like adults with points of your own. If you don't want to debate, that's cool, but there's nothing wrong with calling out someone for having ridiculous opinions.

"DEBATE ME, YOU COWARD!"

If this were Twitter, I'd swear you were a bot.

Sent from my HTC U Ultra using Tapatalk
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

TheFerg714

Post by TheFerg714 »

lorddunlow wrote:

"DEBATE ME, YOU COWARD!"

Did you just misread the part where I said, "If you don't want to debate, that's cool," or what?

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

X-O HoboJoe wrote:I think a stash of VH1 junkies would be able to tell that what Meyer complains about goes back a lot further than a milkshake selfie. 1987. Shooter. The aborted purchase of Marvel. How many times has Valiant gone down the tubes and why?
They say that the industry is dying. Obviously these folks have not been fans very long, considering where the industry was in the 90s and 00s.

X-O HoboJoe

Post by X-O HoboJoe »

Chiclo wrote:
X-O HoboJoe wrote:I think a stash of VH1 junkies would be able to tell that what Meyer complains about goes back a lot further than a milkshake selfie. 1987. Shooter. The aborted purchase of Marvel. How many times has Valiant gone down the tubes and why?
They say that the industry is dying. Obviously these folks have not been fans very long, considering where the industry was in the 90s and 00s.
Looking back at low-points of comics since Shooter was ousted from Marvel, I see the same problem repeating: People with less experience gain control of a company developed by someone with the experience. The line suffers.

The implosions of the '50's and mid-'70's appear (and I could easily be wrong) to be aberrations.

X-O HoboJoe

Post by X-O HoboJoe »

TheFerg714 wrote:
lorddunlow wrote:

"DEBATE ME, YOU COWARD!"

Did you just misread the part where I said, "If you don't want to debate, that's cool," or what?
Guess I'm still trying to get past the *SQUEE* about She-Ra's *SQUEE* not being inspirational enough and the subsequent attempt by removing part of an image to make your point. Alt-Right defenders need to get new *SQUEE* and quit recycling the old 1990's liberal tactics. Got to be hard with the facts rarely supporting your creepy-*SQUEE*.

Sven the Returned
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: V-Diddy
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Sven the Returned »

X-O HoboJoe wrote:
TheFerg714 wrote:
lorddunlow wrote:

"DEBATE ME, YOU COWARD!"

Guess I'm still trying to get past the *SQUEE* about She-Ra's *SQUEE* not being inspirational enough and the subsequent attempt by removing part of an image to make your point. Alt-Right defenders need to get new *SQUEE* and quit recycling the old 1990's liberal tactics. Got to be hard with the facts rarely supporting your *SQUEE*.
I promise i will adress my stuff from the last page.

But once again what the flying bloodsquirt is the Alt Right and why is that an adopted name used by msm?

Chiclo

Post by Chiclo »

Sven the Returned wrote:But once again what the flying bloodsquirt is the Alt Right and why is that an adopted name used by msm?
Right wing without actually being conservative?

A balkanization along ideological lines that doesn't actually have anything to do with ideology, only engaging their opponents (equally divorced from any but the most vague and basic of beliefs) in a zero-sum, he said she said tantrum that rages across most of the internet?

A pants-peeing contest?

X-O HoboJoe

Post by X-O HoboJoe »

Chiclo wrote:
Sven the Returned wrote:But once again what the flying bloodsquirt is the Alt Right and why is that an adopted name used by msm?
Right wing without actually being conservative?

A balkanization along ideological lines that doesn't actually have anything to do with ideology, only engaging their opponents (equally divorced from any but the most vague and basic of beliefs) in a zero-sum, he said she said tantrum that rages across most of the internet?

A pants-peeing contest?
Pants-peeing for distance.
The end result of too many people talking about Fight Club.

Chiclo

Post by Chiclo »

Four dimensional tiddlywinks.

Or maybe four dimensional pick-up sticks?

X-O HoboJoe

Post by X-O HoboJoe »

Chiclo wrote:Four dimensional tiddlywinks.

Or maybe four dimensional pick-up sticks?
It reads like weaponized immaturity and insecurity rebranded as "Toxic Masculinity" (in the comicsgate example). Toss in a dash of naivety where history is concerned and anyone can be made into an extremist with a certain amount of vague fear.

TheFerg714

Post by TheFerg714 »

X-O HoboJoe wrote:Guess I'm still trying to get past the *SQUEE* about She-Ra's *SQUEE* not being inspirational enough and the subsequent attempt by removing part of an image to make your point. Alt-Right defenders need to get new *SQUEE* and quit recycling the old 1990's liberal tactics. Got to be hard with the facts rarely supporting your *SQUEE*.
1) So you're bringing up something from half a year ago, and disregarding everything else? Gotcha. :thumb:
2) The only thing I ever said about She-Ra is that the new design makes her look like a boy, and I was referencing a specific piece of artwork. I have no idea what you're going on about with whatever this means: "She-Ra's *SQUEE* not being inspirational enough." Also, if you've read my posts as carefully as it seems you have, you would have seen that I changed my mind once I saw better artwork.
3) I didn't remove She-Ra's hair. Someone else did, and they did it to prove a point: that She-Ra looks like a 10 year old boy in that artwork, especially without the long hair.
4) Alt-Right defenders? facepalm

X-O HoboJoe

Post by X-O HoboJoe »

TheFerg714 wrote:
X-O HoboJoe wrote:Guess I'm still trying to get past the *SQUEE* about She-Ra's *SQUEE* not being inspirational enough and the subsequent attempt by removing part of an image to make your point. Alt-Right defenders need to get new *SQUEE* and quit recycling the old 1990's liberal tactics. Got to be hard with the facts rarely supporting your *SQUEE*.
1) So you're bringing up something from half a year ago, and disregarding everything else? Gotcha. :thumb:
2) The only thing I ever said about She-Ra is that the new design makes her look like a boy, and I was referencing a specific piece of artwork. I have no idea what you're going on about with whatever this means: "She-Ra's *SQUEE* not being inspirational enough." Also, if you've read my posts as carefully as it seems you have, you would have seen that I changed my mind once I saw better artwork.
3) I didn't remove She-Ra's hair. Someone else did, and they did it to prove a point: that She-Ra looks like a 10 year old boy in that artwork, especially without the long hair.
4) Alt-Right defenders? facepalm
Get over yourself, son. Not every insult is about you but your reacting like they are is a tell.

TheFerg714

Post by TheFerg714 »

X-O HoboJoe wrote:Get over yourself, son. Not every insult is about you but your reacting like they are is a tell.
lol son? And you're telling me to get over myself? Come on. Were you debating some hypothetical person/strawman? You specifically responded to me. You started this "argument" by somehow taking my "if you don't want to debate, that's cool," to mean "DEBATE ME, YOU COWARD!" I called you out on it, and you replied with very clear reasons (She-Ra, Alt-Right defenders, recycling tactics, etc) as to why you didn't take my actual points seriously. And now you're saying what? That entire post was a response to who? Hypothetical alt-righters ( :o )? If the comment wasn't directed at me, who was it directed at? Were you not expecting a response? This is just silly, man. facepalm

For reference:
X-O HoboJoe wrote:
TheFerg714 wrote:
lorddunlow wrote:

"DEBATE ME, YOU COWARD!"

Guess I'm still trying to get past the *SQUEE* about She-Ra's *SQUEE* not being inspirational enough and the subsequent attempt by removing part of an image to make your point. Alt-Right defenders need to get new *SQUEE* and quit recycling the old 1990's liberal tactics. Got to be hard with the facts rarely supporting your *SQUEE*.

Chiclo

Post by Chiclo »

TheFerg714 wrote:I called you out on it, and you replied with very clear reasons (She-Ra, Alt-Right defenders, recycling tactics, etc) as to why you didn't take my actual points seriously.
Yeah, none of this is serious. That is why Hobo is not taking any of your points seriously. Nobody takes Comicsgate seriously, not even Comicsgate.

X-O HoboJoe

Post by X-O HoboJoe »

Chiclo wrote:
TheFerg714 wrote:I called you out on it, and you replied with very clear reasons (She-Ra, Alt-Right defenders, recycling tactics, etc) as to why you didn't take my actual points seriously.
Yeah, none of this is serious. That is why Hobo is not taking any of your points seriously. Nobody takes Comicsgate seriously, not even Comicsgate.
Though it is fun pwning his *SQUEE* and watching him get triggered. :twisted:

TheFerg714

Post by TheFerg714 »

X-O HoboJoe wrote:Though it is fun pwning his *SQUEE* and watching him get triggered. :twisted:
I just think it's adorable that after multiple angry comments you can just change your tune to "Oh, I was just messing around, I swear!" Regardless of whether you're "taking comicsgate seriously" or not, there are problems with the industry that need to be addressed. Ignoring them is only making it worse. Sorry, I do take the comics industry seriously, as well as the myriad of problems within it. These problems can be debated to try to get to the bottom of the issue or at least find common ground, but you clearly don't have the mental capacity for something like that.

X-O HoboJoe

Post by X-O HoboJoe »

TheFerg714 wrote:
X-O HoboJoe wrote:Though it is fun pwning his *SQUEE* and watching him get triggered. :twisted:
I just think it's adorable that after multiple angry comments you can just change your tune to "Oh, I was just messing around, I swear!" Regardless of whether you're "taking comicsgate seriously" or not, there are problems with the industry that need to be addressed. Ignoring them is only making it worse. Sorry, I do take the comics industry seriously, as well as the myriad of problems within it. These problems can be debated to try to get to the bottom of the issue or at least find common ground, but you clearly don't have the mental capacity for something like that.
:lol: Look! I have another puppet.
Look, I’m not ignoring the issue, just the alt-right little *SQUEE* like Meyer and yourself who have it wrong. But feel free to keep arguing in a sophomoric vein. It’s all you got besides *SQUEE*. :lol:

TheFerg714

Post by TheFerg714 »

X-O HoboJoe wrote:
TheFerg714 wrote:
:lol: Look! I have another puppet.
Look, I’m not ignoring the issue, just the alt-right little *SQUEE* like Meyer and yourself who have it wrong. But feel free to keep arguing in a sophomoric vein. It’s all you got besides *SQUEE*. :lol:
You're just a fountain of oxymoron aren't you? One sentence you're saying that I'm being sophomoric, the next you're using curse words. But don't worry, I'm done. It's hard to take someone seriously that throws around terms like "alt-right" like you understand what it means. I would LOVE to hear your explanation for how D&C and I are alt-righters, but sadly I don't think you're the type of person who would answer a straight-forward question like that. Just stick to what you do best: completely ignoring arguments that don't fit your narrative and turning everyone you disagree with into strawmen. :thumb: