New Universe back issue report

Everything else comic-related that's not VALIANT-related.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

StarBrand
loosely based on a true story
New Universe back issue report

Post by StarBrand »

If you are thinking of working on runs of New Universe comics, I think the sooner you get a Star Brand set put together the better.
I think the Starbrand’s appearances in the Marvel 616 Universe has increased demand. There has been an eBay seller who has sold several Star Brand 1s in CGC 9.8 for around $100 each in the last several months. He raised the price on his last copy, and it just sold for around $120-130. When CGC 9.8 copies go up in price, it raises the price on raw (unslabbed) 9.8 candidates.
I’m figuring the entire original Star Brand run from the 80s is going to see increased demand soon. The increased interest in the Starbrand could translate to increased interest in other New Universe titles.
Valiant is the son of the New Universe.

StarBrand
Re: New Universe back issue report

Post by StarBrand »

A Star Brand 1 in CGC 9.6 just sold on eBay for $50 plus $13 shipping. There are no 9.8s on eBay right now. Also, a newsstand copy of Star Brand 1 graded in 8.5 went for $9 plus shipping. That’s the second such sale I’ve seen of that book.
It’s really cool after all these years to see Star Brand finally getting some love.

Phantom
I will call my mum and ask what the *SQUEE* is going on.
I will call my mum and ask what the *SQUEE* is going on.
Location: I would rather be under the stars in a tent, or on a park bench.

Post by Phantom »

StarBrand wrote: It’s really cool after all these years to see Star Brand finally getting some love.

Strange that you are talking about yourself in third person.
Have you been celibate, married, or just a dry spell ?
I wish their was a Spinal Tap comic, and I had a copy CGC graded at 11.

StarBrand

Post by StarBrand »

Phantom wrote:
StarBrand wrote: It’s really cool after all these years to see Star Brand finally getting some love.

Strange that you are talking about yourself in third person.
Have you been celibate, married, or just a dry spell ?
:lol:

StarBrand

Post by StarBrand »

Avengers (5th Series) #7 is the first appearance of Star Brand in the 616. Two copies have recently sold on eBay for $10+ each. I think this signifies that collectors are aware of who Star Brand is, and his first appearance in the 616 is going up in price. That ties into the original first issue in CGC 9.8 selling for $100+ right now. I think there could be a new level of Star Brand 1 CGC 9.8 prices soon. And a CGC 9.6 sold recently for $50 plus shipping. Someone wanted it because there were no 9.8s available.

StarBrand

Post by StarBrand »

Well, today the eBay seller who has offered the most recent Star Brand 1s in CGC 9.8 on eBay, and done so successfully, has listed a new copy for $199.99 OBO. His last one was listed at 139.99. I believe that one went for around $120 on the offer.
This book will continue to see growth, as the Starbrand gains in importance in the 616. It could be absolutely on fire if INCOMING, the next big Marvel event, features the new weilder of the Starbrand.

StarBrand

Post by StarBrand »

This is a post I just made in the MARVEL COMICS NEW UNIVERSE FANS Facebook group, regarding a Star Brand 1 in CGC 9.8 that sold for $199.99 OBO this morning:

STAR BRAND NUKES THE COLLECTORS MARKET WITH THE NEW!
With the “Starbrand Reborn”
storyline starting in Avengers with the November 20th issue, Star Brand continues to gain importance in the Marvel Universe, and his first issue continues to grow in value in professional grade. Although I don’t know what the best offer that was accepted was on this book, which sold this morning, knowing this seller I’d guess it was around $160.
I’m just excited people seem to be realizing the importance of the New Universe. Watch for demand to heat up on raw, unslabbed copies of Star Brand #1 as well. I’m just so glad Star Brand is gaining in importance!

myron
I do embrace my inner geekdom
I do embrace my inner geekdom
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Pre-Unity Harbinger

Post by myron »

any of the other New Universe titles gaining traction?
Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?

StarBrand

Post by StarBrand »

I haven’t noticed any yet, but I think to some degree Star Brand will draw interest to the entire line.

StarBrand

Post by StarBrand »

Off topic, but for years I’ve been monitoring how many DEFIANT sets are for sale on eBay, and at the moment there’s only one complete Warriors of Plasm set on eBay. That’s unprecedented, and I think could signal a possible price increase on that title.
For my purposes, if a complete set of Warriors of Plasm is being offered by a seller outside the U.S. I don’t count it. I also don’t count a set that has an autographed issue, but if it is listed as being complete
as far as containing issues 1-13 and also the Home For the Holidays graphic novel, I do count it.