Milestone - Issue List

Quick access to the checklists for each of the Dead Universes that have been compiled.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes
Master of the Dead Universes

Post by Knightt »

I resisted... and failed.

I have over 25 of various issues now and can only think, 'MAN, I can't wait to read these'.

:!: and at the same time :thumb:

geocarr
Those responsible for those remarks have been sacked.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Vincent the Goat!
Favorite title: All of them!

Post by geocarr »

Knightt wrote:
leonmallett wrote:Also the 9/11 book for a Static short story possibly needs inclusion.
I didnt know that there was one.

Do you have a scan of this book ?
Does anyone have a scan and/or can you point me to this book on the checklist? I was ou tof comics during 9/11.

geocarr
Favorite character: Vincent the Goat!
Favorite title: All of them!

Post by geocarr »

leonmallett wrote:Some numbers
from Dwayne McDuffie regarding Milestone publication levels:
I think our lowest-selling issue was an issue of Kobalt that did 12,500 copies. Our best-selling book was north of 600,000. Average, between 35 and 80 thousand.
leonmallett wrote:I was surprised to learn a couple of days ago that Xombi (arguably one of the best Milestone books in terms of creative quality) had the lowest print run of all the ongoings, and apparently by some distance. Makes me curious about the print runs of the various titles.
So which is it? Not that it matters in the grand scheme of life, the universe, and everything, but I re-read the whole thread and saw the discrepancy and got curious...

Drift
...and I am a Valiantoholic.
...and I am a Valiantoholic.

Post by Drift »

geocarr wrote:
leonmallett wrote:Some numbers
from Dwayne McDuffie regarding Milestone publication levels:
I think our lowest-selling issue was an issue of Kobalt that did 12,500 copies. Our best-selling book was north of 600,000. Average, between 35 and 80 thousand.
leonmallett wrote:I was surprised to learn a couple of days ago that Xombi (arguably one of the best Milestone books in terms of creative quality) had the lowest print run of all the ongoings, and apparently by some distance. Makes me curious about the print runs of the various titles.
So which is it? Not that it matters in the grand scheme of life, the universe, and everything, but I re-read the whole thread and saw the discrepancy and got curious...
From that I would say that Xombi had low print runs on average throughout the series and a single issue of Kobalt was the lowest run of the entire range.

leonmallett
My mind is sharp. Like a sharp thing.
My mind is sharp. Like a sharp thing.
Valiant fan since: 2006
Favorite character: Shadowman (Hall version)
Favorite title: Shadowman (under Hall)
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Clayton Henry
Location: hunting down paulsmith56 somewhere in the balti belt...

Post by leonmallett »

So we have had the coda for Milestone with Milestone Forever (2 issues), now consigning the universe to the land of DU's in my view.

possumgrease
I had the 1,000,000th post on this board and all I got was this lousy custom ranking.
I had the 1,000,000th post on this board and all I got was this lousy custom ranking.
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Re: Milestone - Issue List

Post by possumgrease »

Rather out of the blue last week, I decided that I should learn a little about the Milestone imprint. I'm sure I have first issues somewhere in my boxes, but I don't really recall anything about these books.

Is there any particular reason to start with one book versus another? It seems like many enjoyed Xombi the best.

Brother J
Just trying to be self-deprecating
Just trying to be self-deprecating

Post by Brother J »

possumgrease wrote:Rather out of the blue last week, I decided that I should learn a little about the Milestone imprint. I'm sure I have first issues somewhere in my boxes, but I don't really recall anything about these books.

Is there any particular reason to start with one book versus another? It seems like many enjoyed Xombi the best.
I would think you would probably be better off starting with one of the launch titles, those being Hardware, Icon, Static and Blood Syndicate. I personally enjoyed Static, have not read the others. Xombi came along a year after the initial titles.

Draco
Well I think I talked enough poop...
Well I think I talked enough poop...
Valiant fan since: preordered vh1 from start
Favorite character: X-O from vh1
Favorite title: X-O vh1
Favorite writer: Good question?
Favorite artist: ooooh another good question

Post by Draco »

Brother J wrote:
possumgrease wrote:Rather out of the blue last week, I decided that I should learn a little about the Milestone imprint. I'm sure I have first issues somewhere in my boxes, but I don't really recall anything about these books.

I would think you would probably be better off starting with one of the launch titles, those being Hardware, Icon, Static and Blood Syndicate. I personally enjoyed Static, have not read the others. Xombi came along a year after the initial titles.
Agreed, the starter titles were pretty solid the whole way through, though finding the last few of each isnt easy :)
Static was a fun title, hardware wasnt always my fave, but Icon and Blood Syndicate were outstanding reads :)
I did try to keep up towards the end, but Xombi slipped past me as a title.
I trade as Dead Universe Comics in the UK, which is no surprise to those who know of my legendary Dead Universe habit.
140 boxes and counting !!!

Follow us on facebook :)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dead-Uni ... 1695270458" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

possumgrease
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by possumgrease »

I bought and read the first trade of Hardware. It was ok. I want to read Icon though. It has some cool covers and I like the alien angle.