Triumphant - Issue List

Quick access to the checklists for each of the Dead Universes that have been compiled.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes

Post by Knightt »

Through an incredible series of fortunate events, my Triumphant needs list (listed above) was radically reduced to the following list of a mere 10 Triumphant comics:

Triumphant Comics

Chromuim Man, The
0 (Blue logo1), 0 (Red logo2), Signed Editions: 2

Doctor Chaos
Signed Editions: 3

Riot Gear
Signed Editions: 1

Riot Gear: Violent Past
Signed Editions: 2

Scavengers
0 (Blue logo1), 0 (Red logo2), Signed Editions3: 2

Triumphant Unleashed

Signed Editions: 12 issue cross-title crossover set

Well ok 22 including the 12 issue cross-title crossover set (signed) and with that set, I don't ever recall hearing about them or ever seeing them. But all in due time, frankly I am incredibly happy with getting so many of the books (including most of the signed editions - where I now have a couple extras) at once and practically knocking out a DU list in one box. This was a result of a fantastic trade with iggy. The only daunting task now is that all of the books remaining on my Triumphant needs list are some pretty HTF books. Not that I have really ever looked for them but now my search parameters have a better resolution.

Anyone out there Trimumphant-smart ?

I am in the process of bagging/boarding my new additions (55-60 issues) and from time to time, I will do a quick scan of the contents. I honestly have to say that the art is..... less than professional but if I am not mistaken there is a GREAT story within these pages. I am really psyched with the signed editions. I believe each signed edition had a run of 2,000 and usually has some kind of freebies inside. My signed sets are in really nice shape and seeing how Triumphant bagged their own issues to be signed and then put that price-tag sticker BUT it is possible to open each issue and check out some of the issues that had sketchbooks and the others with post cards. I am contemplating on moving all the postcards to the back of the book so that I will be able see all the signatures. But I really lucked out to get so many signed editions. I would have to say that Triumphant was a last minute, 'ok, I will collect those' and at the bottom of my list of pursuants, now I am only a few books away from being complete. Looks like 2010 is the year for me to actually complete a few DUs.

Lets hope.

THANS IGGY for a super fantastic trade !!!

OH YEAH... I also picked up the Crossgen Route 666 TPB and am still hugging my Continuity Cyberad TPB. Sometimes I talk to them, I musssst talks with my Prrrrecioussss.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

One thing about the signed Triumphant books that truly frustrates me is that the signatures just blend in with the cover art. I have to really inspect the covers to find the signatures.

Brother J
Just trying to be self-deprecating

Post by Brother J »

Knightt wrote:

ok, what is this? Are there supposed to be signed versions of all the books that have the Defiant/Triumphant posters in them? :?

Draco
Well I think I talked enough poop...
Valiant fan since: preordered vh1 from start
Favorite character: X-O from vh1
Favorite title: X-O vh1
Favorite writer: Good question?
Favorite artist: ooooh another good question

Post by Draco »

Brother J wrote:
Knightt wrote:

ok, what is this? Are there supposed to be signed versions of all the books that have the Defiant/Triumphant posters in them? :?
I have this pack, its all the crossovers in a larger ultra pro style bag with a $75 price tag and Triumphant sticker on it.
Ill check to see if there is anything else like posters etc.

:thumb:

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

Draco wrote:
Brother J wrote:
Knightt wrote:

I have this pack, its all the crossovers in a larger ultra pro style bag with a $75 price tag and Triumphant sticker on it.

a picture would be appreciated, if you get the chance.

Draco

Post by Draco »

Brother J wrote:
Draco wrote:
Brother J wrote:
Knightt wrote:

I figured as much.
I will take a pick of them all in the bag and then fanned out too.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Draco wrote:
Brother J wrote:
Draco wrote:
Brother J wrote:
Knightt wrote:

I figured as much.

I look forward to that...

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

Draco wrote:
Brother J wrote:
Draco wrote:
Brother J wrote:
Knightt wrote:

I figured as much.

Where's that picture? :P

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

I just picked up almost the entire run of the Chromium Man for .25 a book. They had just about all of the other Triumphant books, but I remember reading a website devoted to this character and it seemed to be a good story, so I figure I'd start with this one. I'm missing two issues, does anyone happen to have The Chromium Man #7 and Chromium Man: Violent Past #2? Don't really want to pay anything more than .25 each for them plus whatever it costs to ship them. Thanks for any help. :thumb:

Oops, almost forgot, I also picked up the signed edition with all the extra goodies of Scavengers #1 ashcan for .25.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Brother J wrote:Oops, almost forgot, I also picked up the signed edition with all the extra goodies of Scavengers #1 ashcan for .25.
THAT is very nice. I am digging Scavengers and Riot Gear right now. This is the cheapest universe to date. Terrible art BUT... and I am going puclic with this but from what I have 'skimmed over' (and I beleive that I have the entire common run), the WRITING is pretty damn good and a I am thinking about diving into this DU feet first. I think that the writing is pretty solid from what I have read 'so far'. This is a HUGE leap for me as at one point I would not have used Triumphant Comics to hold up my three legged couch !!

I think I will be pleasantly surprised when I get to reading these books. I think finding the 'signed editions' will be the hard part of this collection to finish. :?

Chiclo

Post by Chiclo »

Brother J wrote:I just picked up almost the entire run of the Chromium Man for .25 a book. They had just about all of the other Triumphant books, but I remember reading a website devoted to this character and it seemed to be a good story, so I figure I'd start with this one. I'm missing two issues, does anyone happen to have The Chromium Man #7 and Chromium Man: Violent Past #2? Don't really want to pay anything more than .25 each for them plus whatever it costs to ship them. Thanks for any help. :thumb:

Oops, almost forgot, I also picked up the signed edition with all the extra goodies of Scavengers #1 ashcan for .25.
Would you be willing to do me a solid and look for these:

Chromium Man, The. 0, 0 (Blue logo1), 0 (Red logo2), 10 Signed Editions: 1 (Ashcan), 2, 3
Doctor Chaos Signed Editions: 3
Riot Gear Signed Editions: 1(Ashcan), 1, 2
Riot Gear: Violent Past Signed Editions: 2
Scavengers 0 (Blue logo1), 0 (Red logo2), 1 (2nd Edition) Signed Editions: 1 (Ashcan), 1, 2, 3

Those signed editions are a total b*tch!

I'd gladly pay you back plus a little consideration for shipping supplies and such!

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

Chiclo wrote:
Brother J wrote:I just picked up almost the entire run of the Chromium Man for .25 a book. They had just about all of the other Triumphant books, but I remember reading a website devoted to this character and it seemed to be a good story, so I figure I'd start with this one. I'm missing two issues, does anyone happen to have The Chromium Man #7 and Chromium Man: Violent Past #2? Don't really want to pay anything more than .25 each for them plus whatever it costs to ship them. Thanks for any help. :thumb:

Chromium Man, The. 0, 0 (Blue logo1), 0 (Red logo2), 10 Signed Editions: 1 (Ashcan), 2, 3
Scavengers 0 (Blue logo1), 0 (Red logo2), 1 (2nd Edition) Signed Editions: 1 (Ashcan), 1, 2, 3

I'd gladly pay you back plus a little consideration for shipping supplies and such!
They don't have any of the other signed editions other than the one I picked up, they just had the regular issues. I did get the signed Scavengers #1 Ashcan, I'll set it aside for you.

Chiclo

Post by Chiclo »

Brother J wrote:
Chiclo wrote:

They don't have any of the other signed editions other than the one I picked up, they just had the regular issues. I did get the signed Scavengers #1 Ashcan, I'll set it aside for you.
Hey, I'll take it! :clap:

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

THERE we go, THATS how ya do in the DU !!!

BOO YAA

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

I'd like to see what the Blue Logo versions of Chromium Man #0 and Scavengers #0 look like, if anyone has scans/pics or knows where they are online. Thanks!

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Same here. I don't really like to put anything in the list that nobody has ever had 100% resolution on or can get a 'yep, thats it' photo.

I am sure you already hit, Mile High and mycomicshop.com right ?

I remember seeing some crazy stuff for the first time and it blowing my mind, my favorite is Strykeforce #1 where I found an embossed, blue/black cover. The cover was of some material that I had never seen before and through all these years, I have never heard of it. For $5.00 I could not pass it up.

Yes, a pic would be nice.

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

Knightt wrote:Same here. I don't really like to put anything in the list that nobody has ever had 100% resolution on or can get a 'yep, thats it' photo.

Yep, and comicspriceguide.com and atomicavenue.com, as well. Also just finished doing a search on eBay and even tried just a Google search. No luck. The reason I was curious is I saw this note on another checklist for Triumphant books:
Blue logo Scavengers #0 and Blue logo Chromium Man #0 were limited to 2,000 copies and solicited with a $25.00 price tag.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Brother J wrote:
Knightt wrote:Same here. I don't really like to put anything in the list that nobody has ever had 100% resolution on or can get a 'yep, thats it' photo.

Yep, and comicspriceguide.com and atomicavenue.com, as well. Also just finished doing a search on eBay and even tried just a Google search. No luck. The reason I was curious is I saw this note on another checklist for Triumphant books:
Blue logo Scavengers #0 and Blue logo Chromium Man #0 were limited to 2,000 copies and solicited with a $25.00 price tag.
:hm:

Hmm... and there is no information to back that up ? What a drag that there isn't some morsel of information out there. I mean the price tag seems right in regard to the special books and we have seen a red logo variant with Triumphant Unleashed. A photo would be good right about now.

I am going to try and look for the folks who used to work there and see what they are up to these days. Maybe they have a few answers (and maybe even some cool Triumphant jazz just collecting dust :twisted: ).

We'll get this nailed down.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Well as of this evening, I am further along reading Triumphant (Riot Gear) than I am on my Crossgen. Triumphant is damn good story telling so far.

And that is so far, so good !!! :thumb:

iggy101us
I bought my first comics at Kwik-E-Mart
I bought my first comics at Kwik-E-Mart

Post by iggy101us »

You're welcome Knightt.

Just as a FYI, I got a few of the signed editions and/or ashcan variants through Mile High and mycomicshop and they mixed up a few issues so that's how I ended up with some doubles. So just be careful when you're ordering from them because you just may get something other than what you ordered.

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

Knightt wrote:Well as of this evening, I am further along reading Triumphant (Riot Gear) than I am on my Crossgen. Triumphant is damn good story telling so far.

And that is so far, so good !!! :thumb:
Chromium Man is a heck of a good read, as well...and the art on that one is decent (at least the Adam Pollina issues).

tictuck
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by tictuck »

Other than the signed editions , this is all I have left to get in this Universe
Triumphant Comics
Chromium Man: #0(Blue Logo)If it exists, 0(Red Logo), 10
Riot Gear: #1, 9, 10
Scavengers: #0(Red Logo), 0(Blue Logo) If it Exists, 1(Ashcan), 2
Triumphant Unleashed: #0(Red Logo)

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

tictuck wrote:Other than the signed editions , this is all I have left to get in this Universe
Triumphant Comics
I will check what few extras that I have.

tictuck
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by tictuck »

Knightt wrote:
tictuck wrote:Other than the signed editions , this is all I have left to get in this Universe
Triumphant Comics
I will check what few extras that I have.

Draco

Post by Draco »

I will get to my collection this week at some point i hope. When i do any copies i have that can help complete peoples sets i will part with.
I have already promised a few books so will have to double check what i have to be sure.

The coolest lot i have is the UNleashed set signed.