Continuity - Issue List

Quick access to the checklists for each of the Dead Universes that have been compiled.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes

Post by Knightt »

X-O HoboJoe wrote:
Knightt wrote:
Draco wrote:
Knightt wrote:
tictuck wrote:I was wondering if this issue is a typo or even exist. If so could someone post an image or a link to an image of it. Just wondering because I am currently home redoing my needs list (Had to take a sick day to wait for the TV repair man, he better show this time wasting a whole day for this fiasco :!: would suck)
Captain Victory #3 3/82
It is not an error... Captain Victory is the 2nd appearance of Ms Mystic in PC Comics as a back story by Neal Adams. I cannot post the pic from here at work but I can at least give you a link:

http://www.mightycrusaders.net/continuity_msmystic.htm

The correction has been made to the list to reflect PC Comics.

Can anyone name the first appearance of Ms Mystic ?
Captain Victory and the Galactic Rangers #3 (March 1982), published by Pacific Comics.

RAR !!
Nope... sorry, wrong answer.
DAMN! Wait, wasn't she cameoed on Superman Vs. Muhammad Ali or something odd like that? :?
YES, she is drawn on the cover and listed in the inner cover as part of a numbered 'whos who in the picture deal'. Good JOB !!!

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

Draco
Well I think I talked enough poop...
Valiant fan since: preordered vh1 from start
Favorite character: X-O from vh1
Favorite title: X-O vh1
Favorite writer: Good question?
Favorite artist: ooooh another good question

Post by Draco »

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Geez, how many of these did this guy have ?

I see 'three sold'... you realize that this is like a grail item (to me at least) within the Continuity Universe. :thumb:

I hope that this is not a sham...

Brother J
Just trying to be self-deprecating

Post by Brother J »

how the heck did this wileycoyote dude get so many tough to find books? He also just sold multiple gold holo Ultraverse books along with a couple copies of Break Thru Ultra 5000.

Chiclo

Post by Chiclo »

Brother J wrote:how the heck did this wileycoyote dude get so many tough to find books? He also just sold multiple gold holo Ultraverse books along with a couple copies of Break Thru Ultra 5000.
Yeah, that's why I ended up bidding on this.

I had bid up the two Break Thru Ultra 5000s and an Exiles 1 Gold Holo. I lost both of the Break Thrus and didn't want to pay Wiley's silly shipping on hust the Exiles so I started looking through what he had.

Chiclo

Post by Chiclo »

Knightt wrote:Geez, how many of these did this guy have ?

I see 'three sold'... you realize that this is like a grail item (to me at least) within the Continuity Universe. :thumb:

I hope that this is not a sham...
Rarity does not always translate to a high price and I think this may be a rare case where rarity does not translate into fast moving stock. The other purchase happened last November. We've been missing this thing for over 2 months! And they were still available when we got around to finding them.

It does occur to me that these would be pretty easy to make forgeries of. So would the Unity TPBs. They would cost a bit more than $8 to make, though.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

I contacted (months ago) Jason 'Spyda' Adams and have him ask his father Neal Adams about this particular and both of them denied that they exhisted. Nor had either of them seen this TPB. (I sent a photo)

I truly think that this is a remarkable find and the price is VERY nice.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

When you found the TPB were there '3 available' ?

I've gotten a 'thank you for your purchase' email from the seller but nothing has been taken out of my account.

Chiclo

Post by Chiclo »

Knightt wrote:
When you found the TPB were there '3 available' ?

I've gotten a 'thank you for your purchase' email from the seller but nothing has been taken out of my account.
I think there were two available when I found the auction. I immediately sent you a PM with the link. Then I looked at the auction again and eBay's new layout tricked me into thinking there wasn't another one available so I deleted the PM before you read it. And then later it turned out there was another one available for sale, I guess?

I sent my payment already through PayPal but it hasn't cleared the bank yet. I did get the "thank you for your purchase" e-mail too.

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

Knightt wrote:I contacted (months ago) Jason 'Spyda' Adams and have him ask his father Neal Adams about this particular and both of them denied that they exhisted. Nor had either of them seen this TPB. (I sent a photo)

I remember when you asked him about those. I thought about taking my copy with me the next time I go to a comic show in New York to show them in person that it exists and see what they have to say. :P

Draco

Post by Draco »

Brother J wrote:
Knightt wrote:I contacted (months ago) Jason 'Spyda' Adams and have him ask his father Neal Adams about this particular and both of them denied that they exhisted. Nor had either of them seen this TPB. (I sent a photo)

I remember when you asked him about those. I thought about taking my copy with me the next time I go to a comic show in New York to show them in person that it exists and see what they have to say. :P
I guess over the years some items you either worked on or published could be forgotten, which makes it an even cooler find.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Chiclo wrote:I sent my payment already through PayPal but it hasn't cleared the bank yet. I did get the "thank you for your purchase" e-mail too.
Same here. I was kinda edgy as it has not cleared my bank yet but I just checked and the $14 or so bucks finally cleared. This was the wierdest eBay transaction to date.

I believe that there were THREE TPBs up for auction (Draco, did you buy one ?) as the history reads '3 sold' and lists three buyers (one of course being mine). But the strange thing was that by the time I saw it the auction looks to have morphed to a 'one for sale' as I believe that two were snagged by the BIN by the time I got to it. By all means, you can call me no matter the time when you see a deal or something 'rare' like that in the future. :thumb:

I am very eager just to recieve it now. In fact, kind of giddy because I believe this to be a rare find. I was quite envious when Brother J got his not too long ago (don't remember the final price but I am sure it was more than $8 bucks and crazy shipping :roll: ). I felt that this was a 'I'll never find one' kind of thing as my eBay trolling is down to almost nothing. I may check eBay for anything DU related once a month if and when I remember, so this was choice and what a fluke that I logged onto the site to find your post. Man, if I had missed this... oh geez, I would have been so freakin' butt hurt. :lol:

But I am not calling RTB until I have the TPB in my possession. I am curious as to the condition of these books and just how in the hell the seller obtained not one but THREE of them. I never believe the book to exist until Brother J confirmed it... so I am pretty psyched, but I don't really know what I am typing at the moment as last night I was SO freakin' sick. I've got that 'hands felt like two balloons' feeling right now and absolutely no food in my stomach. I will have to remedy that soon or I am not going to make it the rest of the day.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Draco wrote:
Brother J wrote:

I guess over the years some items you either worked on or published could be forgotten, which makes it an even cooler find.
Spyda was adamant that it had not ever been made. He even said that any book like that would be illegally produced. To which, I answered 'well it has the Diamond stamp on it just like the Unity TPBs which leads me to believe in it's authenticity'. Never got an answer to that but then again, me and the Adams Clan are not in good standing. :?

Draco

Post by Draco »

Knightt wrote:
Draco wrote:
Brother J wrote:

Spyda was adamant that it had not ever been made. He even said that any book like that would be illegally produced. To which, I answered 'well it has the Diamond stamp on it just like the Unity TPBs which leads me to believe in it's authenticity'. Never got an answer to that but then again, me and the Adams Clan are not in good standing. :?

OOPS !!

:wink:

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

That guy put so many weird retailer reward books up recently, I'm betting he bought the entire inventory from a store that went under a decade ago. I bet this stuff has been sitting in some poor dude's storage unit for a while.

Just a guess but that would maybe explain the gold holos and Diamond incentive books.

Chiclo

Post by Chiclo »

Knightt wrote:
Chiclo wrote:I sent my payment already through PayPal but it hasn't cleared the bank yet. I did get the "thank you for your purchase" e-mail too.
Same here. I was kinda edgy as it has not cleared my bank yet but I just checked and the $14 or so bucks finally cleared. This was the wierdest eBay transaction to date.

I believe that there were THREE TPBs up for auction (Draco, did you buy one ?) as the history reads '3 sold' and lists three buyers (one of course being mine). But the strange thing was that by the time I saw it the auction looks to have morphed to a 'one for sale' as I believe that two were snagged by the BIN by the time I got to it. By all means, you can call me no matter the time when you see a deal or something 'rare' like that in the future. :thumb:

I am very eager just to recieve it now. In fact, kind of giddy because I believe this to be a rare find. I was quite envious when Brother J got his not too long ago (don't remember the final price but I am sure it was more than $8 bucks and crazy shipping :roll: ). I felt that this was a 'I'll never find one' kind of thing as my eBay trolling is down to almost nothing. I may check eBay for anything DU related once a month if and when I remember, so this was choice and what a fluke that I logged onto the site to find your post. Man, if I had missed this... oh geez, I would have been so freakin' butt hurt. :lol:

But I am not calling RTB until I have the TPB in my possession. I am curious as to the condition of these books and just how in the hell the seller obtained not one but THREE of them. I never believe the book to exist until Brother J confirmed it... so I am pretty psyched, but I don't really know what I am typing at the moment as last night I was SO freakin' sick. I've got that 'hands felt like two balloons' feeling right now and absolutely no food in my stomach. I will have to remedy that soon or I am not going to make it the rest of the day.
I am not an avid Continuity collector but I do have some interest in completing their list. I know enough that when I stumbled onto this auction to know what I was looking at and to snap it up QUICK at $8. I ran some Google searches for more information on the TPB and ran across some of your old conversations on other boards (and Bro J and tictuck) and someone I didn't recognize said they paid $36 before shipping for one without a second thought.

I'm going to keep a pretty sharp eye on what wiley comes up with for the next few weeks even though I warned the wife about them not long ago.

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]

Post by depluto »

Ugh.

Does anybody have a list of which of these books were sold in polybags? Seems like a lot ... any variants on those?

It looks like it's just the Deathwatch 2000 (that's a total of 20, right?).

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

depluto wrote:Ugh.

Does anybody have a list of which of these books were sold in polybags? Seems like a lot ... any variants on those?

A quick look in the Continuity comic box would give me the quick answer but I am not feeling THAT good to go pawing through the collection. hehe That sounds about right though. I can tell you that there was no rhyme or reason as to which cards were inserted into the polybags. The Valeria She-Bat card was inserted 1 per 25 issues and Shaman was 1 per 50 issues. There were a total of 29 cards and it took me FORever to get that card collection at 100%.

But as to variants polybagged issues... no. Granted there are variant covers, just check out the Continuity issue list. The Valeria variants have kicked my butt.

Chiclo

Post by Chiclo »

Knightt wrote:
depluto wrote:Ugh.

A quick look in the Continuity comic box would give me the quick answer but I am not feeling THAT good to go pawing through the collection. hehe That sounds about right though. I can tell you that there was no rhyme or reason as to which cards were inserted into the polybags. The Valeria She-Bat card was inserted 1 per 25 issues and Shaman was 1 per 50 issues. There were a total of 29 cards and it took me FORever to get that card collection at 100%.

But as to variants polybagged issues... no. Granted there are variant covers, just check out the Continuity issue list. The Valeria variants have kicked my butt.
Which Valeria variant is so hard to find?

(Please say #1 Gold Foil since I already have that one)

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]

Post by depluto »

Here's my extensive Continuity needs list (how ironic is it that the company was named Continuity?)

Can trade Ultraverse and Valiant goodies ....

Armor #1 9/85
Armor #1 (Newsstand)
Armor #2 6/86
Armor #3 2/87
Armor #5 12/88
Armor #6 4/89
Armor #7 1/90
Armor #8 4/90
Armor #9 4/91
Armor #10 8/91
Armor #12 3/92
Armor #13 4/92
Armor #13 (Newsstand)
Armor:Deathwatch2000 #1 4/93
Armor:Deathwatch2000 #2 5/93
Armor #5 11/93
Bucky O'Hare #1 1/91
Bucky O'Hare #1 (Special Edition)
Bucky O'Hare #2 5/91
Bucky O'Hare #3 7/91
Bucky O'Hare #4 12/91
Bucky O'Hare #5 3/92
Bucky O'Hare GN Hardcover 1988
Bucky O'Hare GN Softcover 1988
Captain Power #1 8/88
Captain Power #1 (Newsstand)
Captain Power #2 1/89
Captain Victory #3 3/82
CrazyMan #2 5/92
CrazyMan #2 12/93
CrazyMan #4 1/94
CyberRad #1 1/91
CyberRad #3 5/91
CyberRad #4 6/91
CyberRad #5 10/91
CyberRad #5 10/91 (Glow in the Dark)
CyberRad #6 1/91
CyberRad #7 3/92
CyberRad #1 1992 (Silver Foil)
CyberRad #1 1992 (Gold Foil)
CyberRad #1 1992 (Newsstand)
CyberRad:Deathwatch2000 #1 4/93
CyberRad:Deathwatch2000 #2 7/93
CyberRad TPB
Earth4:Deathwatch2000 #1 4/93
Earth4:Deathwatch2000 #2 5/93
Earth4:Deathwatch2000 #3 8/93
Earth4 #2 12/93
Earth4 #3 12/93
Earth4 #4 1/94
Echo of Futurepast #1 5/84
Echo of Futurepast #2 '84
Echo of Futurepast #3 11/84
Echo of Futurepast #4 2/85
Echo of Futurepast #5 3/85
Echo of Futurepast #6 7/85
Echo of Futurepast #7 8/85
Echo of Futurepast #8 12/85
Echo of Futurepast #9 1/96
Hybrids:Deathwatch2000 #0 4/93 (Silver)
Hybrids:Deathwatch2000 #0 (Red Foil)
Hybrids:Deathwatch2000 #2 6/93
Hybrids:Deathwatch2000 #3 8/93
Hybrids:Origins #4 12/93
Hybrids:Origins #5 1/95
Knighthawk #1 9/95
Knighthawk #2 9/95
Knighthawk #3 10/95
Knighthawk #4 10/95
Knighthawk #5 11/95
Knighthawk #6 11/95
Megalith #2 1989
Megalith #3 1989
Megalith #4 11/90
Megalith #7 7/91
Megalith #8 12/91
Megalith #9 3/92
Megalith:Deathwatch2000 #0 4/93 (Silver)
Megalith:Deathwatch2000 #0 (Red Foil)
Megalith:Deathwatch2000 #1 4/93
Megalith:Deathwatch2000 #2 6/93
Ms. Mystic #1
Ms. Mystic #2 6/88
Ms. Mystic #3 1/89
Ms. Mystic #4 5/89
Ms. Mystic #5 8/90
Ms. Mystic #6 11/90
Ms. Mystic #8 3/92
Ms. Mystic #9 5/92
Ms. Mystic #9 (Variant)
Ms. Mystic:Deathwatch2000 #1 5/93
Ms. Mystic #1 10/93
Ms. Mystic #3 12/93
Ms. Mystic #4 1/94
Revenges #1 4/85
Revenges #4 3/88
Revenges #5 3/89
Revengers Trade #1 11/92
Samuree #1 5/87
Samuree #2 8/87
Samuree #3 5/88
Samuree #4 1/89
Samuree #5 4/89
Samuree #6 8/89
Samuree #7 2/90
Samuree #8 11/90
Samuree #9 1/91
Samuree #1 5/93
Samuree #2 9/93
Samuree #3 12/93
Samuree #1 10/95
Samuree #2 11/95
Shaman #0 1/94
Skateman #1 11/83
Toy Boy #2 8/87
Toy Boy #3 11/87
Toy Boy #4 2/88
Toy Boy #5 6/88
Toy Boy #7 3/89
Urth 4 #2 4/90
Urth 4 #3 10/90
Urth 4 #4 12/90
Valeria #1 (Acetate) 5/93
Valeria #1 (White)
Valeria #1 (White w/Gold Foil)
Valeria #1 (White w/Red Foil)
No issues #2-4
Valeria #1 9/85
Valeria #2 10/95
Zero Patrol #2 1995
Zero Patrol #1 1/87
Zero Patrol #2 2/87
Zero Patrol #3 4/88
Zero Patrol #4 3/89
Zero Patrol #5 5/89
Last edited by depluto on Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:58:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Shoot me your address again, I can knock out a GREAT DEAL of that list out for you. Just need your addy.

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]

Post by depluto »

Sweet!

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Anybody have an extra copy of Bucky O'Hare #1 (Special Edition) ? For some reason, issue #3 was hard for me to find and then finally I get it... JUST to have (I believe Brother J) find the above noted book !!! :!: and :clap: at the same time because it is ALWAYS great to find a new books to go hunt down, but then 'blegh', you actually have to now go and hunt for it. BUT a VERY good eye on noticing this book.

I started reading Armor and I beleive that issue #2 or #3 is in error. I will double check tonight but one of those issues has the indicia as a 'Revengers' book. Anybody noticed this ?

As a side note to this: I have stopped reading Armor, it was just too painful. SO, I went to something that I TRULY have been waiting to do... I started reading Crossgen, specifically 'Crux' !!! I am totally breaking my rule here as I have YET to compile even a 'common run' of the books but I figure by the time I get to them, I will find the issues that I am still needing (not including the incredible amount of TPBs, I have all the Traveller Editions *THANKS NB).

Steve Epting is drawing Crux and it is GREAT to see his earlier work and the love that was put into Crossgen 'back in the day'.