Continuity - Issue List

Quick access to the checklists for each of the Dead Universes that have been compiled.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes

Post by Knightt »

I CANNOT... tell you just how much I hate you at this moment. :|

J/K

This a cool find. Any news on this new find ?

Brother J
Just trying to be self-deprecating

Post by Brother J »

Well, I won't tell you who initially found it... :lol:

He and I assumed that it might be a comic that came with one of the Bucky O'Hare toys, but no real concrete information yet. Neither of us has a copy and I swiped the picture from eBay (which explains why it's so crappy.)

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Brother J wrote:Well, I won't tell you who initially found it... :lol:
Well if 'he' found it and it came from a toy then it won't be going on the list 'for real' anytime soon. 8-) Sorry, but anything that sucks the life force out of all around it are not going to be allowed in the Dead Universes especially when there are 'much hated items' still on it's website. Once I call 'turd', it stays a 'turd'.

I call 'em like I see 'em and am hardly forgiving to oxygen thieves. :wink:

tictuck
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by tictuck »

Brother J wrote:a new Continuity book was found. Bucky O'Hare #1 Special Edition. It says "Special Edition" where the regular edition has the price.

Special Edition:

regular edition:

Plus the cover doesn't look that much different for me to want too seek this one out. I won't be adding it to my needs list. It kinda reminds me of the Malibu Protectors Covers with the same artwork on the cover but either a UPC or Artwork in the white box on the cover. These weren't added to the list so I don't believe the Bucky O'Hare one should be either. Just my :twocents: :thumb:

tictuck
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by tictuck »

Knightt wrote:
Well if 'he' found it and it came from a toy then it won't be going on the list 'for real' anytime soon. 8-) Sorry, but anything that sucks the life force out of all around it are not going to be allowed in the Dead Universes especially when there are 'much hated items' still on it's website. Once I call 'turd', it stays a 'turd'.

If this is the same person I'm thinking of sometimes I find his post's utterly annoying & frustrating & he seems like a real pompous A- Hole but at other times he has some good info but for the most part :!: :censored: . I agree with you on the life sucking though Knightt about 80 to 90% of the time.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

tictuck wrote:
Knightt wrote:

If this is the same person I'm thinking of sometimes I find his post's utterly annoying & frustrating & he seems like a real pompous A- Hole but at other times he has some good info but for the most part :!: :censored: . I agree with you on the life sucking though Knightt about 80 to 90% of the time.
Oh, I am sure that we are talking about the same meatbag. So with that... 'Nuff said.

I think I will add this book though but by no means is it needed to be 100% complete. But seeing that it is an actual printing variant (not of the UPC type), it may be added.

In ref to the Protectors book, not only was the UPC different but with that series, the newsstand editions had different art than the UPC versions. Personally, I felt that the art was MUCH better for the UPC versions and felt it was such a loss that they only got the artist to be prompt enough in his art output so that it was limited to covers only. I have never seen him complete an entire issue.

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

Yes, it's DF1 who discovered this one, I wanted to bring over the information about the book in case anyone was interested and I didn't want to take credit since I wasn't the one who found it, but I didn't really want to set off a series of posts bashing the guy. Oh well...

If/when I pick up collecting this universe again, this book will be on my list. There is one on eBay right now, but the seller's terms are crazy. He wants more for "handling" costs than he wants for the book itself. That's not even including the shipping cost.

tictuck
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by tictuck »

[ :thumb:

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Brother J wrote:I didn't really want to set off a series of posts bashing the guy. Oh well...
Yeah, 'oh well'... Next time I would suggest not even hinting at the source. Know what I mean ? :wink: Not gonna find ANY love for the... the whatever DF1 is around here. Any person that has to be described as 'ok' with 'conditions' should just be put out of our misery, IMO. But then again, I am pretty harsh on the human race, even those that I do not consider as part of the human race.

Just the way it is.

THANKS for the info on the book though. It will be an interesting book to perhaps try and hunt down.

BTW, Bro J... who is the guy in your sig block ?

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

Knightt wrote: BTW, Bro J... who is the guy in your sig block ?
Reverend Shnoor from the Jerry Springer show. He'll marry anyone or anything for $100. He is usually suffering from a hangover and always needs a shave.

dellamorte
Zombies and nightstand nightmares
Zombies and nightstand nightmares

Post by dellamorte »

I picked a bunch of these up for about 20 cents each this past weekend. I figured I'd start collecting these as I see them on the cheap. I havn't bothered to read any but they seem to have some nice art across the line.

Draco
Well I think I talked enough poop...
Valiant fan since: preordered vh1 from start
Favorite character: X-O from vh1
Favorite title: X-O vh1
Favorite writer: Good question?
Favorite artist: ooooh another good question

Post by Draco »

I can t wait for the next show end of JUne so i can take my Continuity list with me.

Some dude had hundreds of issues at 20p each but i hadnt done my list.

DUH !!

Next time im gonna wipe half of them off my list for sure.

:thumb:

tictuck
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by tictuck »

I was wondering if this issue is a typo or even exist. If so could someone post an image or a link to an image of it. Just wondering because I am currently home redoing my needs list (Had to take a sick day to wait for the TV repair man, he better show this time wasting a whole day for this fiasco :!: would suck)
Captain Victory #3 3/82

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

tictuck wrote:I was wondering if this issue is a typo or even exist. If so could someone post an image or a link to an image of it. Just wondering because I am currently home redoing my needs list (Had to take a sick day to wait for the TV repair man, he better show this time wasting a whole day for this fiasco :!: would suck)
Captain Victory #3 3/82
It is not an error... Captain Victory is the 2nd appearance of Ms Mystic in PC Comics as a back story by Neal Adams. I cannot post the pic from here at work but I can at least give you a link:

http://www.mightycrusaders.net/continuity_msmystic.htm

The correction has been made to the list to reflect PC Comics.

Can anyone name the first appearance of Ms Mystic ?

Draco

Post by Draco »

Knightt wrote:
tictuck wrote:I was wondering if this issue is a typo or even exist. If so could someone post an image or a link to an image of it. Just wondering because I am currently home redoing my needs list (Had to take a sick day to wait for the TV repair man, he better show this time wasting a whole day for this fiasco :!: would suck)
Captain Victory #3 3/82
It is not an error... Captain Victory is the 2nd appearance of Ms Mystic in PC Comics as a back story by Neal Adams. I cannot post the pic from here at work but I can at least give you a link:

Captain Victory and the Galactic Rangers #3 (March 1982), published by Pacific Comics.

RAR !!

X-O HoboJoe
Bradley is not unsupervised anymore.
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Shadowman

Post by X-O HoboJoe »

Draco wrote:
Knightt wrote:
Captain Victory #3 3/82

Captain Victory and the Galactic Rangers #3 (March 1982), published by Pacific Comics.

RAR !!
And well RAR'd at that. :clap:
I DO NOT EAT, DRINK OR ABSORB SOULS, DAMMIT!

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Draco wrote:
Knightt wrote:
Captain Victory #3 3/82

RAR !!
Nope... sorry, wrong answer.

X-O HoboJoe
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Shadowman

Post by X-O HoboJoe »

Knightt wrote:
Draco wrote:
Knightt wrote:
Captain Victory #3 3/82

RAR !!
DAMN! Wait, wasn't she cameoed on Superman Vs. Muhammad Ali or something odd like that? :?
I DO NOT EAT, DRINK OR ABSORB SOULS, DAMMIT!

tictuck
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by tictuck »

Thank you muchly Knightt. Gonna have too move it over to my Pacific Needs list once I put one together. Only have like 5 issues so shouldn't be to hard :lol:

Draco

Post by Draco »

Knightt wrote:
Draco wrote:
Knightt wrote:
Captain Victory #3 3/82

RAR !!
Yeah !!?

Damn Wikipeadia.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:thumb:

JonesyAZ
Valiant...it moved.
Valiant...it moved.
Valiant fan since: VH1 Ninjak #1!
Favorite character: Ninjak
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Robert Venditti
Favorite artist: Emanuela Lupacchino

Post by JonesyAZ »

I'm interested in maybe compiling a run of Continuity at some point. Are they hard to come by?

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

JonesyAZ wrote:I'm interested in maybe compiling a run of Continuity at some point. Are they hard to come by?
most of the common issues are cheap, like most of the other Dead Universes. Here's a good resource for Continuity:

http://www.mightycrusaders.net/continuity_comics.htm

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

I ran across a Captain Power VHS in a pawn shop a while back and I've been meaning to pop by here and ask about it.

Was Captain Power an original Continuity property or was it adapted or otherwise licensed from another medium?

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

Chiclo wrote:I ran across a Captain Power VHS in a pawn shop a while back and I've been meaning to pop by here and ask about it.

Was Captain Power an original Continuity property or was it adapted or otherwise licensed from another medium?
From what I could find online, I believe it was a Mattel toy line first. Then came the TV show and later, the comic books.

JonesyAZ
Valiant...it moved.
Valiant...it moved.
Valiant fan since: VH1 Ninjak #1!
Favorite character: Ninjak
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Robert Venditti
Favorite artist: Emanuela Lupacchino

Post by JonesyAZ »

Chiclo wrote:I ran across a Captain Power VHS in a pawn shop a while back and I've been meaning to pop by here and ask about it.

AWESOME!!!

I remember I had a friend who had the Captain Power ship/laser gun. We played the video tape game where you zap the flashing points on the video, and if you got defeated, the hatch door would launch off the ship...lol.

Good memories!!!!!!