Malibu (Genesis) - Issue List

Quick access to the checklists for each of the Dead Universes that have been compiled.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

Brother J wrote:
Brother J wrote: Once she was acquired by Malibu, I'm not sure what the heck they did with the character.
By saying I'm not sure what the heck they did with her, I was just wondering how the character went from being a self contained, creator owned character to a member of a team in the Ultraverse. Since I haven't read the Ultraverse issues, I have no idea how it happened. For that matter, I also wonder how the heck the Juggernaut and Black Knight from Marvel Comics got into the Ultraverse, as well. I guess some time I'll actually have to read this stuff.
That is addressed in All New Exiles #Infinity.

If it takes you too long to dig out the issue, check out this old MadTV sketch called Prehistoric Glamazon Huntress: AD and substitute character names. It doesn't really matter what order.

Read the issue and compare it to the sketch. It's basically the same thing.

newt138
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill

Post by newt138 »

BloodOfHeroes wrote:Malibu Genesis is my second favorite line of all time.

I searched and don't see anything on the board to help, but what about the titles like Aircel's CAT & MOUSE. C&M appeared in later issues of the Protectors and are on the cover of GENESIS #0, making it a shared universe. Do they count? And DEMON? And SILVERSTORM?

And, lastly, does anyone collect the re-vitalized Silverline books? They brought back SILVER STORM (with a cameo by Demon!) and CYBERTRASH & THE DOG, which reunited Derenick and RA Jones? Do they count?
I have no idea if Cat & Mouse considered part of the Genesis universe. But on a weird note I got in most of the Cat&mouse issues in a lot I won off ebay. And then about 2 weeks later I got to meet Mitch Byrd,the artist, at the comic shop I visit when I am in Biloxi. Years ago I got to meet and hang out with Steven Butler,who did the inking and some of the covers on Cat&Mouse.

Prelate1
My posts can all fit in a short box

Post by Prelate1 »

Here's a new one to add to the list

Malibu Sunspots 8

In the Ultraverse thread we were talking about the cards included with Solitaire 1, an interesting piece of info in Sunspots 8 is "60% of the books will come with an Ace of Clubs, 25% with an Ace of Diamonds, 10% with an Ace of Hearts and 5% with an Ace of Spades."

Chiclo

Post by Chiclo »

No mention of the Jokers?

Is this supposed to be in the Genesis or Ultraverse threads?

Prelate1

Post by Prelate1 »

No mention of the Jokers being available in the Solitaire 1 polybag, which leads me to believe they were a promo available elsewhere.

I put the Sunspot in this thread because this checklist is where the others are listed. :thumb:

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes

Post by Knightt »

Nothing else of Ultraverse interest ?

BruceReville
Why don't we just call ourselves C-Men and be done with it

Post by BruceReville »

Need to add the following:

Man of War 1-5 Newstand Variants

Malibu Sun 24 is of particular interest (instead of being lumped into the entire run) since it has a Widowmaker story in it.

Rocket Ranger 1-5 is related to but not directly tied into the final Man of War comic.

Miss Fury 1-4 ties into the Miss Fury character that appears in the Protectors and there is a Limited Edition to Miss Fury #1 as well.

Dinosaurs for Hire: Guns 'n Lizards (TPB) & Dinosaurs for Hire: Dinosaurs Rule (TPB) reprint the original Eternity B/W Dinosaurs for Hire series which does tie into the current series.

Dinosaurs for Hire 1-9
Dinosaurs for Hire 1 (2nd Print)
Dinosaurs for Hire Fall Classic
Dinosaurs for Hire 3-D

Also the new series has flip-books with issues 1,2,10 & #1 was also released in a Newsstand Variant with a green logo instead of yellow & red.

Chiclo

Post by Chiclo »

BruceReville wrote:Need to add the following:

Man of War 1-5 Newstand Variants

Malibu Sun 24 is of particular interest (instead of being lumped into the entire run) since it has a Widowmaker story in it.

Rocket Ranger 1-5 is related to but not directly tied into the final Man of War comic.

Miss Fury 1-4 ties into the Miss Fury character that appears in the Protectors and there is a Limited Edition to Miss Fury #1 as well.

Dinosaurs for Hire: Guns 'n Lizards (TPB) & Dinosaurs for Hire: Dinosaurs Rule (TPB) reprint the original Eternity B/W Dinosaurs for Hire series which does tie into the current series.

Dinosaurs for Hire 1-9
Dinosaurs for Hire 1 (2nd Print)
Dinosaurs for Hire Fall Classic
Dinosaurs for Hire 3-D

Also the new series has flip-books with issues 1,2,10 & #1 was also released in a Newsstand Variant with a green logo instead of yellow & red.
viewtopic.php?t=32249

BruceReville
Re: Malibu (Genesis) - Issue List

Post by BruceReville »

Gravestone 1 & 2 have UPC Variants - 6 & 7 come either with a UPC Code on the front cover or no UPC Box at all.
Everybody Is Right Until Someone Else Disagrees.

BruceReville

Post by BruceReville »

Here is 4th Version of Ex-Mutants #1 (Newstand White Logo)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ex-Mutants-1-VF ... 3cb62f93c9

Also 2-9 come either with a UPC Code on the front cover or No UPC Box at all.
Everybody Is Right Until Someone Else Disagrees.

rolandmann
Working on the first full appearance of me
Re:

Post by rolandmann »

newt138 wrote:
BloodOfHeroes wrote:Malibu Genesis is my second favorite line of all time.

I searched and don't see anything on the board to help, but what about the titles like Aircel's CAT & MOUSE. C&M appeared in later issues of the Protectors and are on the cover of GENESIS #0, making it a shared universe. Do they count? And DEMON? And SILVERSTORM?

And, lastly, does anyone collect the re-vitalized Silverline books? They brought back SILVER STORM (with a cameo by Demon!) and CYBERTRASH & THE DOG, which reunited Derenick and RA Jones? Do they count?
I have no idea if Cat & Mouse considered part of the Genesis universe. But on a weird note I got in most of the Cat&mouse issues in a lot I won off ebay. And then about 2 weeks later I got to meet Mitch Byrd,the artist, at the comic shop I visit when I am in Biloxi. Years ago I got to meet and hang out with Steven Butler,who did the inking and some of the covers on Cat&Mouse.
No one probably checks this one anymore, but I figure I can help out...
The plans were to have CAT & MOUSE join the Genesis line (thus, they are on the cover to Genesis #0). A four page preview installment was published SOMEWHERE (it's what I was looking for when I found this post) as a "look who's back" kind of thing. Unfortunately, it never went anywhere.

Little known is that they were being reworked in order to "work" in the ULTRAVERSE. I came across my extensive notes a couple of months ago--had almost forgotten about it.

I'm not sure the Silverline published material would count...but dunno.

-Roland
http://www.rolandmann.me" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Roland Mann
Once writer/editor of a now Dead Universe!

rasputin9977
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)

Post by rasputin9977 »

What connection does Raver have with the Genesis universe? I don't recall it being part of this universe.

Thanks for the infor Roland. Nice to see you're still around in the comics field. Now I'm going to have to hunt down Cat & Mouse :!:

rolandmann

Post by rolandmann »

Raver was never part of the Genesis universe...it was stand alone by Koenig.
Roland Mann

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.

Post by lorddunlow »

rolandmann wrote:Raver was never part of the Genesis universe...it was stand alone by Koenig.
I would just like to take a moment to reflect on the fact that you, sir, have only posted twice - many months apart - and only posted in this forum (understandably so given your connection to the dead universe in question).

Do you follow the rest of the board at all or just this thread. Do you check it every day?

I'm just curious.

A belated welcome from me.
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

rolandmann wrote:Raver was never part of the Genesis universe...it was stand alone by Koenig.
Hey Roland... welcome to the board. Wasn't it you who sold me a couple copies of the red cover variant of Genesis #0, a few Malibu t-shirts and a Sega Genesis copy of New Mutants a few years ago ?

rolandmann

Post by rolandmann »

lorddunlow wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:28:50 pm
I would just like to take a moment to reflect on the fact that you, sir, have only posted twice - many months apart - and only posted in this forum (understandably so given your connection to the dead universe in question).

Do you follow the rest of the board at all or just this thread. Do you check it every day?

I'm just curious.

A belated welcome from me.
LOL I'm terribly sorry.
You won't find me posting in the Valiant threads because...well...I've got nothing to say there. As I stated initially, I was searching for something when I found this board back--nearly 10 years ago--I didn't find it (I DID find it about 8 years later thanks to Jeff Whiting--if I can figure out how to post it here, I will).
And no, I don't check every day. In fact, I'm not sure why I returned the 2nd time...
I came back THIS time because Jhon Smith posted a link to this page over on the UV page on Facebook with a question. So I chased down the link (had to reset my password because I'd forgotten it).

I'm happy to post more if there are other things I can answer. PROBABLY won't check every day--maybe I can figure out how to get a notification! LOL

And thank you for the welcome. Much obliged!
-Roland
Roland Mann

rolandmann

Post by rolandmann »

Knightt wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:51:32 pm
Hey Roland... welcome to the board. Wasn't it you who sold me a couple copies of the red cover variant of Genesis #0, a few Malibu t-shirts and a Sega Genesis copy of New Mutants a few years ago ?
I sold a whole bunch of stuff like that (kinda wish I'd kept the shirts--but ah well) some years back on ebay--so...maybe? I'd "gotten out" of comics completely and was just cleaning house, so to speak.
Didn't think I'd be getting back into comics...but after a little less than 10 years out, I got back in (around 2010)...and started doing comics on the side. Kicked it into high gear in 2018 when I teamed up with Dean Zachary (Ferret, Night Man) to do another volume of Cat & Mouse. You can find out all the new stuff about Silverline at: www.Silverlinecomics.com

If it WAS me...I hope you were happy with them. :)
Roland Mann