Defiant - Issue List

DEFIANT and Broadway Comics, created by Jim Shooter after VALIANT in the 1990s.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

mrwoogieman
All this talk of 'snipping' is making me keep my legs crossed.
All this talk of 'snipping' is making me keep my legs crossed.
Re: Defiant - Issue List

Post by mrwoogieman »

Picked up a large stack of mostly 90s comics at a garage sale last week, complete with sky high price stickers on the old bags! I'm talking mostly variants and special editions that aren't worth anywhere near the asking price.

For this thread, the stack included the Dark Dominion 1 issue signed by Shooter with a letter from the publisher and a sealed three pack of promo cards.

:thumb:
:hm:

SwiftMann
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: 1994
Favorite character: Solar
Favorite title: 90s Shadowman

Post by SwiftMann »

Knightt wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:17:36 pm Defiant Genesis 1 (with Comicfest '93 banner on the cover and no card insert)
Defiant Genesis 1 (with Comicfest '93 banner on the cover and with special Dark Dominion card insert)
From a bit of reading it sounds like these were similar to Magnus #0 where the cards were stapled into the middle. Is there any way to determine if a version that came with the card had it removed?

Finally, I received a copy of this (no card) in a sleeve with the Defiant logo printed on the bottom right. From the thread I was reading about the card inserts, it is mentioned that the non-card ComicFest version was in this sleeve. Was the card version also sleeved?
"If you think any of these [older comics/shows/movies] do not carry a political content and is not using the medium of science fiction to explore real-world ideas, than you have not been paying attention." - Dan Abnett, VCR #246

corvettejim1968
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box

Post by corvettejim1968 »

yes it was sleeved also. i have many of them.
now find the variant without the Comicfest log on the cover. that's the harder one to find.