Atlas/Seaboard - Issue List

Quick access to the checklists for each of the Dead Universes that have been compiled.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

gowaltrip
Account inactive by user's request

Post by gowaltrip »

Thanks for the info guys. I have seen a fair share of Atlas books, but so far, Ive never personally seen an issue of Vicki....so Id say you guys are probably right. :thumb:

Brother J
Just trying to be self-deprecating
Just trying to be self-deprecating

Post by Brother J »

gowaltrip wrote:Thanks for the info guys. I have seen a fair share of Atlas books, but so far, Ive never personally seen an issue of Vicki....so Id say you guys are probably right. :thumb:
I think the thing to keep in mind is that most of the Atlas/Seaboard line would have been kept together with the superhero comics. The Vicki comics were more likely placed with the kiddie comics so they weren't saved as often. :hm:

fatback
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)

Post by fatback »

A couple of interesting Atlas Auctions on E-Bay if anyone is interested.

home | pay | register | sign in | site map
Advanced Search

Back to My eBay Listed in category: Collectibles > Comics > Bronze Age (1970-79) > Superhero > Other Superheros > Other

Atlas Comics * DESTRUCTOR * Complete set! DITKO & WOOD! Item number: 320007347202

You are signed in Watch this item in My eBay | Email to a friend

Starting bid: US $4.99

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End time: Jul-21-06 17:30:29 PDT (6 days 10 hours)
Shipping costs: US $2.75 (discount available)
US Postal Service Media MailTM
Ships to: United States
Item location: St. Louis, MO., United States
History: 0 bids

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can also: Watch this item
Get alerts via Text message or IM
Sell one like this

Listing and payment details: HideShow
Starting time: Jul-14-06 17:30:29 PDT
Duration: 7-day listing
Payment methods: Personal check,
Money order/Cashiers check
See details

Meet the seller
Seller: comixbat ( 1571)
Member: since Nov-07-98 in United States

Read feedback comments
Ask seller a question
Add to Favorite Sellers
View seller's other items

Buy safely
1. Check the seller's reputation
Score: 1571 | 99.5% Positive
Read feedback comments
2. Learn how you are protected
Read our safe buying tips

Description

Complete Set of THE DESTRUCTOR published by Atlas/Seaboard Comics in 1975. This lot consists of DESTRUCTOR #1-4. All four issues are in VERY FINE/VERY FINE + CONDITION and have a current OVERSTREET COMIC BOOK PRICE GUIDE value of $26!. The first two issues feature the art team of STEVE DITKO and WALLY WOOD and #3,4 both feature STEVE DITKO. Due to very limited newsstand distribution many of the Atlas Comics are very hard to find1 The postage on this lot will be $2.75 media rate. UNITED STATES ONLY. Combine with my other auctions and save on shipping!

Use this space to type a message that will automatically be added to all your item listings.

Payment

I accept the following forms of payment:
Money Order
Personal Check

Click to view supersized image

FREE image hosting (including
supersized) with Vendio Sales Manager.

Listing automation and FREE scheduled listings by Vendio.

Free counters provided by Vendio

Shipping, payment details and return policy
Shipping Cost Services Available Service Transit Time* Available to
US $2.75 US Postal Service Media MailTM Estimated delivery 2-9 days United States only

*Sellers are not responsible for service transit time. Transit times are provided by the carrier, exclude weekends and holidays, and may vary with package origin and destination, particularly during peak periods.

Will ship to United States.
Save on shipping - buy additional items now from this seller's other listings!

Shipping insurance
US $1.35 Optional

Payment methods accepted

Personal check

Money order/Cashiers check
Learn about payment methods.

Ready to bid? help

Atlas Comics * DESTRUCTOR * Complete set! DITKO & WOOD!
Item title: Atlas Comics * DESTRUCTOR * Complete set! DITKO & WOOD!
Your maximum bid: US $
(Enter US $4.99 or more)

You will confirm in the next step.

eBay automatically bids on your behalf up to your maximum bid.
Learn about bidding.

What else can you do?
Back to My eBay | Ask seller a question | Report this item | Printer Version | Email to a friend

Seller assumes all responsibility for listing this item.

eBay Pulse | eBay Reviews | eBay Stores | Half.com | Kijiji | PayPal | Popular Searches | ProStores | Rent.com | Shopping.com | Skype
Australia | Austria | China | France | Germany | India | Italy | Spain | United Kingdom

About eBay | Announcements | Security Center | Policies | Site Map | Help

Copyright © 1995-2006 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the eBay User Agreement and Privacy Policy.

eBay official time

fatback

Post by fatback »

Atlas Comics MORLOCK 2001 & MIDNIGHT MEN #3 Wrightson! Item number: 320007347199

fatback

Post by fatback »

SAVAGE COMBAT TALES Complete Set ATLAS COMICS *$25 +*! Item number: 320007347213

Atlas Comics DEMON HUNTER #1 (1975) Item number: 320007347194

I don't know if these are good prices or not but I thought I would let people who collect this dead universe know about them. :thumb:

fatback

Post by fatback »

THE COUGAR #2 Vol.1 AtlasComics 1975 NM- 9.0 Item number: 280008185153
THE DESTRUCTOR #3 Atlas 1975 NM 9.0 Item number: 280008185273

THE DESTRUCTOR #4 Atlas 1975 VF+ 8.5 Item number: 280008185362

WULF The barbarian #2 Vol.1 Atlas 1975 NM- 9.0 Item number: 280008190778
WULF The barbarian #3 Vol.1 Atlas 1975 VF+ 8.5 Item number: 280008190866
WULF The barbarian #4 Vol.1 Atlas 1975 NM- 9.0 Item number: 280008190959

Just a few more Atlas Auctions on E-Bay I stumbled across that I thought fans of this Universe might be interestd in

sckao

Post by sckao »

I've almost completed this entire set except for Vicki 3 and 4. :thumb:

Also have about half the magazines to go.

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes

Post by Knightt »

I will try to visit your booth tomorrow...

sckao
Gothic Romances

Post by sckao »

Now, I'm one magazine away from completing my Atlas/Seaboard set. :thumb:

Unfortunately, it's Gothic Romances. :|

MedicAR
...formerly MagnusRF
...formerly MagnusRF

Post by MedicAR »

Welcome to the club.... :|

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

I wont even GO into how many Atlas issues I am missing. :!:

sckao

Post by sckao »

Knightt wrote:I wont even GO into how many Atlas issues I am missing. :!:
I have a lot of extras if you need them. I just picked up a bunch of NM (hopefully) copies from Mile High which I'll use to upgrade my issues.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

how much $$$/per ?

sckao

Post by sckao »

Knightt wrote:how much $$$/per ?
At the SDCC, they were about $4-6 depending on condition. (Most are Fine or better.) The Vicki's were the most expensive (and the magazines.) Mile High is charging about $8-9 for NM copies and they're pretty reasonable with the lower grade copies (with combined shipping.)

The VG ones are only a couple of bucks.

Just let me know which ones you need and we can work something out.

I started out in San Diego with a little over 40% done and I made it a mini-goal to try and finish the Universe set there. (I got pretty close.) I also ended up with a LOT of extras that were upgrades (or were comics I thought were hard to find that I should pick up.)

No extras on the Vicki's though.

gowaltrip

Post by gowaltrip »

I really LOVE these Atlas books. I am trying to put together a complete set of just the comics (I may go the Magazines afterwards, but Ive never been much on Comic Magazines).

I was able to pick up a Vicki #1 and #2 in a dumpser dive a few months ago and about flipped out! (Less than $1 each!!!). Sometimes I find stacks of Atlas Comics in dumpsters and pull out the best ones and the ones I need.

I also find some I need, but the prices are too high. After getting nearly all of them out of dumpsters, I cannot find myself willing to pay $4-$6 for 1 issue I need. (Im so cheap).

If I get down to less than 10 to go (which right now is probably in the 20's left to go), I would consider the few extra dollars to get me closer to completing the collection. But for right now, Im sticking with dumpster prices.

These are a true JOY to find and own. I sometimes think they would be great fodder for a rebirth. Even though there were only a few issues of each, the characters seem enjoyable to look at. I'll admit, I havent read much. But the books have a very Marvel-esque Bronze Age look and feel to them. If the rights are out there and available, I would love for someone to pick them up and post New stories. (I know, very wishful thinking)....But if so...these books would be sought after (if the relaunch was successful) and the books could skyrocket! (Fat chance).

In the meantime, I can only say its a great universe and small enough that most of us can pick up the entire history of at least the comic side of it without too much drama.

I cant wait to get the rest! :thumb:

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

I missed the skao post somehow. I would still like to work something out... I would pay about $2 and issue but it would pain me to do so. I LOVE the 'universe' but I laugh thinking that these are quarter books at best... yet, some of those issue go for some decent change. WTF ?

gowaltrip

Post by gowaltrip »

Ive seen a few nicer copies on display in some stores for $6 - $10. But these are in exceptional shape.

I havent paid those prices for them though. I think the most I ever paid for one issue was $4 and it was a solid NM.

A Brute #1.

TheVisitor
Get those scissors away from my coupons

Post by TheVisitor »

gowaltrip wrote:I really LOVE these Atlas books. I am trying to put together a complete set of just the comics (I may go the Magazines afterwards, but Ive never been much on Comic Magazines).

I was able to pick up a Vicki #1 and #2 in a dumpser dive a few months ago and about flipped out! (Less than $1 each!!!). Sometimes I find stacks of Atlas Comics in dumpsters and pull out the best ones and the ones I need.

I also find some I need, but the prices are too high. After getting nearly all of them out of dumpsters, I cannot find myself willing to pay $4-$6 for 1 issue I need. (Im so cheap).

If I get down to less than 10 to go (which right now is probably in the 20's left to go), I would consider the few extra dollars to get me closer to completing the collection. But for right now, Im sticking with dumpster prices.

These are a true JOY to find and own. I sometimes think they would be great fodder for a rebirth. Even though there were only a few issues of each, the characters seem enjoyable to look at. I'll admit, I havent read much. But the books have a very Marvel-esque Bronze Age look and feel to them. If the rights are out there and available, I would love for someone to pick them up and post New stories. (I know, very wishful thinking)....But if so...these books would be sought after (if the relaunch was successful) and the books could skyrocket! (Fat chance).

In the meantime, I can only say its a great universe and small enough that most of us can pick up the entire history of at least the comic side of it without too much drama.

The return of the Atlas/Seaboard characters, while a long-shot, may have a pulse. I maintain the Atlas Archives http://www.atlasarchives.com and the number one question I get is - Who owns the rights to the Atlas/Seaboard characters and how can I get in touch with them ? I've passed along that information to many interested parties, several who are currently working in the comics field. Like I said, a longshot at best, but one can hope. :thumb:

Besides comic books and comic book related magazines, Seaboard also published other magazines, including a confession magazine - My Secret. Take a look...

http://www.atlasarchives.com/magazines/mysecret.html

Let me know what issues you need to complete the set of color comics. I've probably got'em.

Phil
Last edited by TheVisitor on Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:02:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gowaltrip

Post by gowaltrip »

Wow! Great Site you have there. I seen the link before, but never checked it out. Im glad I finally did.

I hope someone of power would buy the rights and take a stab at these characters. The only concern is are they too 70s and unnoticable? For us very few that have collected them. To me at least, they are enjoyable finds.

I will go through mine and PM you the list of what I am needing. Having a set of these is a collecting goal I started on about a year ago.

Thanks for the info and great site! :thumb:

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

TheVisitor wrote:
gowaltrip wrote:I really LOVE these Atlas books. I am trying to put together a complete set of just the comics (I may go the Magazines afterwards, but Ive never been much on Comic Magazines).

The return of the Atlas/Seaboard characters, while a long-shot, may have a pulse. I maintain the Atlas Archives http://www.atlasarchives.com and the number one question I get is - Who owns the rights to the Atlas/Seaboard characters and how can I get in touch with them ? I've passed along that information to many interested parties, several who are currently working in the comics field. Like I said, a longshot a best, but one can hope. :thumb:

Besides comic books and comic book related magazines, Seaboard also published other magazines, including a confession magazine - My Secret. Take a look...

http://www.atlasarchives.com/magazines/mysecret.html

Let me know what issues you need to complete the set of color comics. I've probably got'em.

Phil
Yes, I LOVE the site. When I first got 'back into these' svair sent me the link to it and it took me a while to get through it all and loved every minute of it !!! I still go back for into every now and then but it has been instrumental in me putting together a my needs list. Thanks for making this site and maintaining it. These books need not to be forgotten.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

My Atlas needs list updated 02 Feb 07

Atlas/Seaboard Comics

Barbarians 1
Blazing Battle Tales 1
Brute 1, 2, 3
Cougar 1, 2
Destructor 2, 3, 4
Fright 1
Grim Ghost 1, 3
Iron Jaw 2, 3, 4
Morlock 2001 3
Phoenix 4
Planet of Vampires 2, 3
Police Action 1, 3
Savage Combat Tales 1, 2, 3
Scorpion 1, 2, 3
Tales of Evil 1, 2, 3
Targitt 1, 2, 3
Tiger-Man 2
Vicki 1, 2, 3, 4
Weird Suspense 1, 3
Western Action 1

Magazines
Devilina 1, 2
Gothic Romances 1
Movie Monsters 1, 2, 3, 4
Thrilling Adventure Stories 1, 2
Weird Tales of the Macabre 1, 2

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

I need to update my list AGAIN after a generous package from skao AND todays find of Viki #1 for $1.00 (not a bad copy either)

My Atlas needs list updated 28 Feb 07

Atlas/Seaboard Comics

Destructor 3
Fright 1
Morlock 2001 3
Planet of Vampires 2, 3
Police Action 3
Savage Combat Tales 2, 3
Tales of Evil 3
Vicki 2, 3
Weird Suspense 3
Western Action 1

Magazines
Devilina 1, 2
Gothic Romances 1

svair
HEY ALL...I'M NEW TO THE SITE AND HAVE KEPT LOW PROFILE
HEY ALL...I'M NEW TO THE SITE AND HAVE KEPT LOW PROFILE
Valiant fan since: inception

Post by svair »

Knightt wrote:My Atlas needs list updated 02 Feb 07

Atlas/Seaboard Comics

Barbarians 1
Blazing Battle Tales 1
Brute 1, 2, 3
Cougar 1, 2
Destructor 2, 3, 4
Fright 1
Grim Ghost 1, 3
Iron Jaw 2, 3, 4
Morlock 2001 3
Phoenix 4
Planet of Vampires 2, 3
Police Action 1, 3
Savage Combat Tales 1, 2, 3
Scorpion 1, 2, 3
Tales of Evil 1, 2, 3
Targitt 1, 2, 3
Tiger-Man 2
Vicki 1, 2, 3, 4
Weird Suspense 1, 3
Western Action 1

Magazines
Devilina 1, 2
Gothic Romances 1
Chris...

r u still missing these?....

I'm going into my books soon...I may have some extras..

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Nope, I am down to these...

Knightt’s Atlas/Seaboard Needs List

Fright 1
Police Action 3
Savage Combat Tales 2
Tales of Evil 3
Vicki 1, 2, 3
Weird Suspense 3
Western Action 1

Magazines

Devilina 1, 2
Gothic Romances 1

TheVisitor
Atlas/Seaboard Magazine

Post by TheVisitor »

Here is some additional output from Atlas/Seaboard. Not Comic Book related, but this should be of interest to any Atlas/Seaboard enthusiast.

Phil